Friday, February 3, 2012

Time to get caught up here again!!!

I have sat down every day this week to update this blog. There is no reason why I haven't. I just have put other things in front of it. Time to update.

Last time I check in here, it was January 25th. What have we done since? What has gone on since? What has not gone on since? It's been an enjoyable January in fact. It's been a fairly decent month. We have had plenty going on, but not so much that we haven't had the time to get things done. Mind you there is always more to accomplish than time allows. However, things have considerably calmed down. Almost to the point of not knowing what to do with myself. Not that I can't create stuff to do in minutes,but I have tried not to as I have not been feeling well for some time now.

Thursday was a fairly slow paced day. I had a wonderful lunch with a great friend who I enjoy immensely. Lunch was good, but the conversation was better. It was good to see her. Unfortunately, I felt awful. I was very dizzy from a sinus infection that just wanted to drag me down. After lunch I came home to be with the kids as Bill had school. Shayla had an after school class today. She loved it. It was a musical class. It was then homework, some TV watching, dinner and bed.

Friday morning Bill took the kids to school and then took Jezebel to get her stitches out from her surgery. I got up, got myself ready and headed out the door to visit my friend Maura in Norwood. We met at her new home which is lovely. She showed me around and showed me her future plans for changing the place up a bit. I loved the house though. It was very unique. The changes will be great too though. We then had lunch at Conrads. After lunch I dropped her off to pick up her husband's car which was having some work done and then I headed home. It was great to see her. We had a nice time catching up. I came home and did a few things around the house because it was going to be a busy weekend. I don't even remember what time I passed out on the chair, but I think it was much earlier than usual. Between the sinus infection and the drive to and from, I was wiped!

On Saturday, we all got up and got ready for lunch at Nancy Chang's in Worcester. We were meeting a few other adoptive families for a little luncheon to celebrate Chinese New Year. It was great to see our friends. The kids had a great time. The adults did too. It was too fast as always. Everyone had plans later in the afternoon, so everyone had to leave around the same time to get to those commitments. I was really disappointed in the restaurant. That I have to be very honest about. The place was empty. The food was good per everyone else. I could barely eat, so I am not a good judge of food. The buffet was kept up nicely. I thought the service was terrible though. All the waitress had to do was fill and refill our waters, ask if we wanted drinks and clear our table. She did finally clear our table, but I cleared the table twice before she got around to it. The kids wanted to do crafts and their plates were all over the place. I got so annoyed by it, I finally picked up all the plates and cleaned the table of any sticky stuff so the kids would have room. I am sorry, but when the restaurant is dead like it was, we have a small party going on and we aren't all ordering different things off of the menu, I don't think it's hard to keep our table cleared. The woman was very nice. She just was not the least bit efficient. She did give us all our own checks which was nice. We were an easy crowd too. Not demanding or anything. I did call on Monday and told them that the buffet was kept nice, the waitress was sweet, but that the service was really lacking. To be honest, the manager Elaine didn't give one thought to what I had to say. I was really disappointed by that. I won't get into it, but this Elaine came over during the luncheon to ask me a question about my weight loss because I mentioned that I can't eat and wouldn't be having the buffet. She agreed to charge me for a cup of soup. I thought that was nice. However, I don't feel like she handled the whole thing as she kept eyeing the food in front of me and saying "You can't eat?" Well I was trying, but no, I really could not eat without wanting to throw up! I was embarrassed. Anyway, when I called on Monday, she proceeded to tell me she stopped by the table three times to see if it was clean and if people were happy. She assured me the table was clean and everyone was happy. Where was I? I never even went to the restroom! So as far as I am concerned, I won't be returning there at all. She could at least pretend to care! She didn't. She made me feel like I wasn't being truthful. Furthermore, she gave me a hard time for not telling her that day while I was there. Not for nothing, but we had plans and I didn't want to address it right then. I didn't need anyone to witness the conversation between her and I. I would have thought she would appreciate that. Well there are plenty of nice places to go, I don't need to frequent this place at all.

We all headed out the door to our own places to be. We had to do a few errands. We then ran home where I had 5 minutes to brush my teeth and head back out to get to Anita's house. We had tickets to see "The Amazing Jonathan." I headed down the highway to Anita's so I wouldn't be late and Bill fed the kids and got them to bed. Anita and I basically left immediately so we could get into town on time. We flew in without a hitch. I had traffic all the way down, so this amazed me. We parked and went right in. We met Anita's two friends from work there. We had a great time. The show was fantastic. We then had dinner at a local pub. Jacob Wurth I think is the name? I had a great Pumpkin Bisque and did great with it. I ordered a salad, but wasn't feeling it, so I brought it home. I also had some corn bread. That was amazing. I don't ever eat bread, never mind something like that. It was good and I did well with it. We then took a cold walk to the truck and headed back to Anita's. I jumped in the truck and headed home. I was exhausted and yet I stayed up till 3:00 am checking on emails and such! Dumb me.

On Sunday, Bill took the kids to Sunday School. We then headed to Pier One and then down to Mansfield to see our friend Trisha and her kids Thomas and Julia. We had some soup and the kids played while us grown ups chatted. It was nice to sit and visit. Sadly I could not eat the soup at all. I felt too sick. Everything felt like it was getting sick and I was very nauseous. However, I had a great time regardless. Once home we gave the kids the quickest showers which we usually don't do. However, they needed something. Then it was off to bed for them.

Monday was busy. I had a 9:00 am ultrasound to check my gall bladder. Bill took the kids to school and I headed off for my test. I then had a lovely lunch with Bobby-Jo. It has been forever since we have seen each other. She looks fantastic. We chatted about a lot of things. It was so good to see her. I then headed home because Bill had school. I grabbed Shayla on the way home and then she did her homework. Bill got a text that school was cancelled. It worked out great because Daisies was at the Fire Department tonight to discuss some safety stuff. So Bill was able to take her there and I was able to stay home with the kids. Score!

On Tuesday, I worked the desk at school from 9:00 am - 11:00 am. I always enjoy that as I get to see all the kids. I don't mind helping out. After taking the kids home at 11:15 am, I headed to the dentist to fix a broken molar. I was then home for the rest of the day. Bill had school. We spent the day at home doing home work, the kids played and I did a few things at my desk. It was a good day.

Wednesday was an open day. I love open days. Bill took the kids to school. He didn't have school today either. We spent the day at home. I didn't feel very well at all. I spent the day making phone calls and that sort of thing. Cleaning the house. Organizing things. Nothing pressing, but things that needed to be done. I wish I could have been out doing a few things, but just could not bring myself to do it. Just as well, the next day I had plenty to do.

On Thursday, I had a HIDA scan. I slept in a little in the morning. Bill dropped the kids off and got the little ones at 11:00 am. I headed off to the HIDA scan at 1:00 pm. They did not take me in for 45 minutes or so, but once they did they hooked me right up. I had to lay there for two or so hours. The first scan is 90 minutes. I was frozen stiff. I could not handle how cold I was, but what choice did I have. I did fall asleep for a few minutes. What else could I do. If I was warm, I could probably still be sleeping there! After the first 90 minutes, they injected me with a hormone that gets your gall bladder to squeeze itself. Unpleasant at best. Very nauseating. It passes quickly, but never quickly enough. I had to lay there for another 30 or so minutes. I was out of there about 45 minutes or so after that. It was freezing out and starting to snow. I headed to the babysitter's house to get Yamira and Manny. They had a great time making a Valentine Day craft. We then headed to pick up Shayla who was having a play date with a friend after her after school special. She had a great time and I was so thankful to my friend who agreed to pick her up and keep her till I could get there. We then dropped off some Girl Scout cookies and headed home. After dinner, they went to bed and I did some work at my desk. Everything went pretty well. It was a long day though, but it went well. I did get a call in the evening from my sister in law though. When I saw the caller id, I was a little shocked. Worried too. I guess my mother in law fell out of bed yesterday and smashed her hip. Her son in law lives with her. He found her that night. She never called anyone all day long as she didn't think it was a big deal. So Bill's sister called to tell us that she had surgery today. Nothing like being told a day late! That is the way his family is though. We were cordial to each other. We despise each other intensely unfortunately. Not the way I would like to have it, but it is what it is. Bill was at school, so I had to tell him when he got home.

Today was a great day and yet an awful day as well. I woke up with a burning belly. It was horrible. I tried some Mylanta, but that didn't really help. I firmly believe the stuff that I was given for my gall bladder was really hurting my belly. It affected me all day. I tried to have a protein shake, but I dumped on it. Dumping is awful. You get exhausted, feel sick all over, like the flu. You have to lay down or you end up throwing up. It affects everyone differently. I had to lay down. It renders me helpless. Thank god Bill was home. He went to get the kids at 11:10 am and took Yamira to therapy. He also dropped off Girl Scout cookies to our sweet Kirsten. I really wish I could have taken Yamira, but I was truly too sick. After a 10 minutes nap, I was good as gold. Wish I could explain this "dumping" thing. It's horrendous. I was so hungry, I decided to try a little tomato soup. I dumped again. This time I threw up. After throwing up, I felt a little better. I was able to go back to doing what I was in the middle of doing. I then made lunch for the kids. I basically waited all day long for phone calls from various doctors. I did get to talk to my Endocrinologist this morning. He is a sweet man. He has put me on a new medication to see if some things can be regulated. He did tell me that I am suffering from a few things. Hopefully some can be somewhat remedied, and yet some of it will never change? We are not sure.

I put two calls into unemployment today. They never called me back. Very upset about that. We got a terrible letter yesterday telling us they have over paid us in a big way and want all of the money back. Needless to say, maybe that is why I am so sick? I am hoping it is a mistake that can be remedied. Who knows with them. Waiting on a call back all day long and nothing. So maybe Monday? I can only hope. Until then, I am trying to keep calm about it.

This afternoon, I finally got a call from my GI doctor. I seem to have a lot of gall stones and my efficiency rating is now 21%. It was 71% two or so years ago. So not I need to meet with a surgeon to see if I need to have it removed. There is no guarantee that if it's removed, I will eat better. We do think that my extreme nausea and vomiting that I have been doing since the beginning of December may be due to this. However, we can't be sure. It seems like there are a few things that going on. Nothing we can quite nail down and say for sure. So until then, I am just supposed to try and keep eating. Wish it was that easy. It's not like I am not starving. I am. Just every time I try to eat, I can't eat. I often feel like throwing up. I can't help it. It's very frustrating. It does a number on you mentally in addition to physically. I have to say that the last few days, I thought I was turning the corner. Today showed me that I wasn't. However, it's not fair to really say that as yesterday I was given the drug at the HIDA scan. So hopefully that is just the problem? Maybe I will feel better tomorrow? I hope so as I want to eat. I did have a little Italian Wedding Soup tonight. I did get that down, but it wasn't easy.

Bill's mother is in the hospital and seems to be recovering decently. I called his sister to tell her that he could not visit his mom since I had been sick all day long. I called her because I knew she was there visiting her mother. Of course she didn't really care. Not surprising. The last thing I wanted to do was share that I had been sick, but I felt she should know so she wouldn't think it was that Bill didn't care. It's a two hour ride and between dropping the kids, picking them up, therapy and another pick up, Bill just could not get down there. He will go tomorrow to visit I am sure. I am certainly planning on being well tomorrow. Like I can dial that up? I will do what I can. I can't stand being sick like this. It's killing me. I can't be a decent mom at all if I am constantly throwing up. I feel incredibly awful about it. I am doing the best I can. I truly am.

So now the kids are in bed. I am going to go and file some things and clean up a bit. I would love to watch a little TV tonight as well.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Mama Out!!!!!!

Lunch for Chinese New Year.

The ladies and Manny.

Thomas and Julia.

100 day project.

Dragon sticker book from our friend. So sweet.

1 comment:

Heather H. said...

So now I am caught up with you again. :)

Hmm, it certainly sounds like your gall bladder could, at the very least, be contributing to your sickness. My sister had hers removed several years ago because she suddenly became sick all the time. While surgery is not a "good" thing, finding the cause and possibly being able to eliminate it would be. Sending positive thoughts your way on this.

We, too, had a little bit of a disappointing New Year's/Spring Festival meal, though it was just Pingping and me (not a party). The buffet had grown kind of cold, and I guessed I hoped there would be some kind of recognition at the restaurant that there was a holiday occurring. Oh well.

To me it sounds like you really are doing the best you can to keep going with the kids. I'm sure it's hard to keep cheerful when you feel like crap. I'm a big baby when it comes to queasiness, so I know I wouldn't want to leave the house at all! Good luck!