Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Trying to be better, but getting worse!

It has been three weeks since I have been here last. I think I am not that far behind and then I look and I am horrified.  I know so many people who have abandoned their blogs. I try to keep mine going just to ward away early onset dementia. Who am I kidding?  As always, I am trying hard to remember what I have done over these last three weeks. I can promise you that I have been busy doing something. I am seven People magazines behind. I have never gotten that far behind. The celebrities that just had babies will be whisking their children off to college before I even know how the birth went!  Well I best get going here on chronicling our lives.

Let's see.  On November 7th, 2012, I dropped the kids off at school and then went for a nice long walk.  Bill had clinical till 3:00 pm that day. He then had an appointment at 4:30, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was for!  At 10:00 am, I met with Elhamy about Shayla's video. He says he is done, but I doubt he is. When I get there at 10 and he shows me the DVD, he still has to make some changes. Will this DVD ever be done? He is a nice guy, but not doing what I have asked. He said he would be creative. I don't want creative, I want completed. Ping will have her wedding video accomplished before I get this video done!

On Thursday I sleep in. I didn't walk this day. Not sure why. Can't remember. However, I am happy to have some additional sleep since I have to see Dr. Shikora in the afternoon. Hiking to Boston and back is pretty tiring. The traffic at that hour is pretty bad. I am pretty sure I did not walk that day as it was raining.  Anyway, I saw Dr. Shikora's physician assistant and then I met with him. Not a fan of his PA at all. She is not very friendly at all and a bit condescending. She walks in like she knows me and everything I have been up too.  I tell her that I still want to consider surgery as an option. She proceeds to tell me that Dr. Shikora told her that I have too many adhesions and can't have surgery. Really? He never told me that.When I nicely say to her that I am unaware of this being an issue, she gets huffy and tells me that I can double check with Dr. Shikora, but this is what he just told her. I was pretty devastated as I thought that was still an option for me.  So out she goes and after a few more minutes of her talking in the hallway, Dr. Shikora walks in and asks what he can do for me? Really? He is the one that wanted to see me!  I told him that I was afraid he couldn't do anything for me to which he said that he was sorry that was the case. So I kindly tell him about what his PA just said. He told me he had no way of knowing if I had adhesions or not and that surgery was a last option, but not off the table.  So where did her info come from?  Talk about a mess.  I tell Dr. Shikora that I am disappointed that I didn't convert to an RNY. He says he doesn't want to say "He told me so."  I asked if the RNY is reversible as I have heard now that it is. He said it's not desirable, but it is reversible.  Really? Why didn't he tell me this when I said I didn't want to do the RNY because it wasn't reversible?  That is his fault. What can I say though? I need him on my team. So am I going to accuse him of not informing me correctly? Was he making a "to do" list when I asked him this question before? I am confused and hurt and frustrated. He suggests that I see the psychologist that I have heard about. He thinks that I am very emotional and my weight is unstable which doesn't make me a good candidate at this point for an RNY. I get that. I agree with that. So I leave and make an appointment to see the psychologist. I see him in a few weeks and am looking forward to it!  I then drive home after a brief stop in Waltham for boneless wings. Yes, I know that I don't make sense here.  Bill took Yamira to therapy at 4:00 pm. Usually I take her, but Bill did because I was in Boston.  It was a long day.

Friday was a cold and blustery day. I dropped the kids off at school and then went for a walk. At 11:45 am I met my friend Lisa and her friend Marcia at Barnes and Noble for a quick tea date. It was far too short.  I had to run home because Bill had a 2:30 pm appointment with his adviser at school. So I headed home and then went out to get the girls.  That night Yamira had her first Daisy meeting. She had a great time.

On Saturday, we stayed home. We had no plans and it was great because I had a ton of things I wanted to do at home. My goal is to go room by room cleaning out every cabinet, drawer and closet. So staying home and cleaning and organizing is what was on the list. I don't remember how much I got done, but we didn't go out at all. It is tough on the kids when we don't go out. They get under each others skin, but it's nice for the two younger to nap and it's great for Ping who gets quiet time.

Sunday brought the same thing. No plans. The kids did have Sunday School, but we were home for the rest of the day. We stayed home and worked on things around the house.

On Monday, the kids didn't have school due to Veterans Day.  Bill had clinical, so he was gone all day. So it was just me and the kids. Oh joy!  We didn't go out at all because I wanted to do some things at home.  Ping did have Brownies, so I took her out to that at 6:00 pm and Bill went to his Masons meeting at 7:30 pm.  It was a boring few days, but it was nice not to have to go out.

On Tuesday I dropped off the kids and went for a walk.  I don't have anything else on my calendar that day. I find that hard to believe. I don't remember what I did. I did get Manny at 11:00 am and the girls at 3:10 pm, but other than that, I do not remember what I did. I am sure I worked on things here at the house and/or did errands. My dear friend Roger lost his battle with cancer today.  Just devastating.  I am so sad for my girlfriend Kirsten and her little ones who are 7 and 10. They didn't deserve to lose their dad so young.  Roger was only 48 and had battle cancer bravely since May.  Rest in peace my friend.

Wednesday was really busy. I took Manny and Yamira to school. I took Ping into school to have her pictures retaken from two months ago as they came out awful. Then Ping and I went to Umass for her craniofacial appointment. Then we left there and headed to school for 11:30 am so she could attend the rest of the day. My friend Ashly picked up Manny when she picked up Teresa, so I had to go and get Manny.  I then rushed home so he could eat and nap as I had a cranialsacral appointment with my physical therapist Pam.  After she left I had to get the girls from school. Talk about a busy day.  The kids did homework and watched TV till dinner time.

On Thursday, I took the kids to school, took a walk and then picked Manny back up. He had a therapy appointment at 11:45 am. After his appointment, I dropped him off at home and headed to a new foot doctor. I have been having an issue with what I thought was an ingrown toe. I wasn't sure though. Sure enough that is what it is. I met my new and very good looking doctor. He had laryngitis.  So it was a difficult first meeting. He told me I had an ingrown toenail and he actually would have to do surgery. Sounded awful.  Four shots to numb the area and then he would have to dig out the toenail and put some root deadening chemical so it would stop growing the way it was. Ouch!  Today he said he would just cut a wedge for me so I could get some relief. OMG, that killed.  I was so dizzy, that he had to lay me back.  After a few minutes, I was good to go. I picked up the girls and headed home. Bill headed out for a dinner with the fire department for 6:00 pm, so I was on my own for bedtime with the kids.  So it was dinner, books and bed.

Friday I dropped the kids off at school and went for a nice walk with my friend.  I then met with Elhamy to get my final DVD.  I grabbed it from him and headed home after an errand or two. I went back out in the afternoon for a manicure and a pedicure. I had a Groupon, so I didn't have to pay anything but a tip at the time.  The pedi/mani came out great.  I then headed home for the night.

Saturday morning I did not want to get out of bed. I was so tired.  We had brunch at 11:00 am at the Spencer Country Inn though so I had to get up and get ready and get the kids ready. We have never had brunch with this group before. It was a group of people who have adopted internationally, domestically and from the state. We met a nice woman with one Chinese daughter and one daughter from the state. Very nice girls.  The kids colored and then filled their plates from the brunch table. We then had a picture taken.in front of the fireplace and packed up to leave. It was a nice time. Unfortunately, a woman overheard me say to Bill "Where is our crazy Asian?" She was appalled. Lighten up lady. We love our daughter and could not be any prouder that she was Chinese. She loves being our crazy Asian. It's a term of endearment for us. Needless to say, the woman was upset with us asking if our daughter had a name. She kept saying "Oh that is better, use her name." I finally said to the woman, "our daughter is very used to being called our crazy Asian and she likes it." Her response was that it was still wrong! Whatever. After brunch, we headed home so Manny and Yamira could take a nap.  I did some stuff around the house as did Bill. Bill was on call from 6:00 pm till 10:00 pm.

On Sunday, Bill took Yamira and Ping to Sunday School. Manny didn't get to go because he was so badly behaved the week before, I told him he couldn't go.  Unfortunately, Bill let him watch TV. As far as I am concerned, that isn't punishment for not going. Making him sit in his room was to be his punishment. I slept in, so I didn't have any control over the situation and Bill clearly wasn't thinking straight!!!!  The girls came home and I got them all dressed and did their hair and then we went to JC Penney for pictures to be done of the kids.  We then headed home. While Manny and Yamira napped, I ran Ping to the field for Brownies. She was playing softball or kickball or something for a badge. She had a great time. I hit up Walmart and did another quick stop before picking her back up.  We then headed home for the rest of the day.

On Monday, Bill had clinical, so I dropped the kids off and went for a walk.  It was a half day of school because of teacher conferences.  So after my walk, I went and picked up my three and headed home.  We stayed home for the rest of the afternoon. Manny and Yamira napped and Ping did some crafts while I worked at my desk.  Bill came home at 3:30 and he and I met with Mark, the contractor that put our addition on. We have had a few issues we needed him to look at.  Then Bill ran to Roger's wake while I stayed with the kids. The minute he got home, I left the house with Ping. I dropped her off at Brownies and then headed to the wake. It was packed. There were so many people there. Never have I had to stand in a line like this one. It took me one and a half hours to reach my girlfriend Kirsten who outdid herself.  There were candles, pictures and framed sayings everywhere. There was Patriots memorabilia and a real grill inside the funeral home because Roger loved to grill!  There was sand with pictures and seashells because he loved to go to the beach with his girls. A beautiful tribute to a wonderful man.  The minute I walked through the line, Karen and Renee, the other Brownie leaders showed up. So I stood with them in line and got to give Kirsten another hug. Their wait was much shorter.  Everyone but a few were left. We listened to a small prayer and a beautiful piece of music and then left for home.  It was a long night.

The next day I got up and dropped the kids off at school and then drove to Worcester to attend Roger's funeral.  What a beautiful church and tribute to Roger.  After the funeral, I went to Maxwell Silvermans and had a quick lunch before heading to Meri's house. Meri was gracious enough to pick up my kids from school at 11:10 am because they had another half day for school conferences. I had to cancel mine with all three teachers as I had the funeral to go to. I picked up the kids and took them home.  Thanks to Meri for watching my chickens. We stayed home for the rest of the day. I had a lot to do because we were hosting Thanksgiving on Thursday.

On Wednesday, Bill got up with the kids and started cooking up a storm. I slept in a little. I then got up and did a few errands. I went to Elhamy's house for 12:30 pm to pick up the final DVD that had to be fixed and then took Yamira to therapy for 1:00 pm.  After therapy we headed home.  None of the kids napped that day as it got to be too late in the day for them to go down. So they played, watched TV and basically got in each others hair for hours. Such fun.Not so much.  Bill continued to cook. I did a bunch of things at the computer that needed to be done.  It was a busy day.

On Thanksgiving morning, I set my alarm, but didn't want to get up at all. I finally sprang out of bed and came downstairs to clean the bathrooms, the kitchen and dining room and then I did some dinner set up.  While showering, Sarah and Brad showed up.  Shortly after we had Meri, Joe and the boys arrive. We assembled the chairs and sat down to a nice Thanksgiving feast. My husband is quite the cook. He does a great job. The day went by way too fast. Before I knew it, people were thanking us and heading out the door.  I put the kids to bed and watched a little TV.

Friday morning I slept in. I expected to be out late that night, so wanted some extra rest and I seem so over tired lately. I got up and did a bunch of things around the house. I finished cleaning from the day before. I spent over two hours cleaning after our guests left, but I had a little more to do.  When 4:30 pm came around, I jumped in the shower and got ready. Our babysitter Debbie came at 5:30 pm and then Bill and I jumped in the car and headed towards Norwood for my 25th High School Reunion. How did I get to be this old. Wasn't I just trying to figure out what to write in my yearbook?  I was very anxious about going to my reunion. When I signed up two months ago, I thought it was a great idea. However, I wasn't feeling like it was a good idea anymore. Having my surgery reversed has done a number on me both physically and emotionally.  I just was not feeling comfortable going to this reunion at the weight I was.  However, once I got there I relaxed. It was good to see so many faces. The people who thought they were all that in high school still think they are all that which is sad to see. Regardless, I am glad we went. We didn't get home till nearly 1:30 am though. Needless to say, we had a good babysitting bill!

Saturday was Bill's birthday. I guess he should have been the one to sleep in, but I was the one that did.  It sounds so luxurious, doesn't it? Let me make this clear though. He may get up, but he gives the kids cereal, makes himself coffee and vegetates in front of the TV with the kids watching cartoons. That and he passes back out on the couch or in the chair. So please don't think he is being a domestic god while I lounge in bed. When I do get up, I have to take a shower and then get downstairs and make the kids pick up their stuff. I often have to clean everywhere too. So I pay for sleeping in.  We didn't have plans today for Bill's birthday. He lounged and I did some stuff on the computer. at 6:45 pm, I headed out the door to pick up Meri. I was invited to a chocolate martini and Lia Sophia party. I had a great time and broke my drinking streak. I have not had a drink in years. I always got a terrible stomach ache from drinking and then after having my surgery, I couldn't drink as it's not good for you. So it has been years. I had three small martinis. They were yummo!  It was a good night out. Bill texted me and said there was a huge fire in Leominster, so I dropped Meri off really quick and flew home so he could attend the fire as they were looking for a team to go. I stayed up till 4:00 am waiting on him as I was nervous. However, at 4 I crawled into bed.  He came home shortly after.

Sunday morning Bill got up and took the kids to Sunday School. I thought for sure he would never get up in the morning and that I would have to get up. However, he did get up and he got them there.  I took a shower and when the girls got home, I had them change into pretty outfits and I did their hair nicely because we were having tea in Grafton at the Willard Clock Museum. I had never been before and was anxious to go.  I had a heck of a time finding the place, but I found it in time.  It was very, very small. Four tables that accomodated 6 people.  My friend Cari, Katie, Rebecca and Alyssa went with their daughter. Rebecca and Katie sat at my table even though we didn't make our reservations together. Even if we didn't know each other, they would have been at my table anyway. Thought that was cool. The kids had hot chocolate and I had tea from a tea bag. They had sweets. A few cookies and cupcakes. The kids then made a craft and we went on a tour of the place. I didn't get any of the history as I was too busy making sure Yamira didn't touch anything!  It was a nice time. Unfortunately it was very quick, so there wasn't a lot of talking. The girls had fun though.  We then headed home.  Yamira never got a nap that day. Manny did though.  Bill was on call from 6:00 pm till 10:00 pm which I forgot to tell him about until a call came in at 6:00 pm. Hey, at least I remembered. So I gave the kids their bath and read them a book and put them to bed.

Monday was a busy day. I dropped the kids off at school and went to CVS, the bank, the post office and the cleaners. I then headed back to the school to volunteer in Yamira's classroom. That went well. I had to paint the kids hand with green paint and they had to make a wreath with their hands.  Of all projects. Anyone that knows me knows I am not a fan of paint, glue and glitter!  I had a nice time getting to know the kids. I then met with Mrs. Yasick for Manny's conference because she had to cancel ours on Wednesday. She asked if I had time then and I did. So we sat and chatted about Manny. She says he is smart and needs to be challenged to think all the time. If we could just get his impulsive behavior under control.  After the meeting, I grabbed Manny and we headed to the Girl Scout store in Worcester because I wanted to get Yamira her vest. They didn't have her size though. We left there and went to my ENT appointment. Sure enough I have another sinus infection. I was put on an antibiotic and a steroid to cut the inflammation. We then headed home for lunch and a nap for Manny. I then got the girls.  I tried to do some online shopping once the girls were home.  It was hard, but I got some stuff done. It was a busy day and it was a tough day since Bill had to work till 7:00 pm. So I had to feed the kids at 5:00 pm and then I had to bring Ping to Brownies at 6:00 pm and then we had to all go out again at 7:00 pm to bring her home.  I then read a book and tucked them into bed.

Today was an equally busy day. I dropped off Manny, went to CVS and then to Bed, Bath and Beyond to pick up a few things. I then went to the Solomon Pond Mall to pick up our pictures from JC Penney and then I went downstairs and got some earrings for Ping for Christmas. Then I rushed back to the school to pick up Manny who didn't have a great day.  I fed Manny and put him in for a nap. While he napped, I did a little more online shopping and a little cleaning.  I then went and got the girls for 3:00 pm. Unfortunately, Yamira didn't have a good day which was upsetting. After Ping did her homework, I picked up another Brownie and all of us headed to the Red Cross Office because Ping had a Brownie outing. I then headed home. Ping was dropped off by another mom at 6:00 pm. I fed the kids dinner and then we sat down and watched a couple Hallmark shows. I let them stay up late. Daddy came home and he put them to bed with me.  It was nearly 8:00 pm.  I then did a few more things on the computer before I decided to sit down and have some dinner and watch TV. I passed out watching TV. Then I woke up and finished watching the show and then came here to update. It is now after 2:00 am. How am I ever going to get up in the am?  I will post some pictures in the morning I guess.

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and are enjoying ramping up for the holiday season!

Mama Out!!!!!!

Pantry project

Brunch

Brunch

Brunch

JC Penney

Turkey run with Karen

Thanksgiving

Tea with the ladies

Sisters

Tea girls

No comments: