Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Summer time fun

Well the kids are out of school finally. Yay.  Well sometimes yay and other times nay.  I enjoy not having to run to the school three times a day. I love keeping my own schedule. I feel like I am stunted during the school year. Now that they kids will be going to school till 3:00 pm, I may not feel that way.  It is so hard to start a project and then have to run back to get Manny and then to run back a few hours later to get the girls.  So I love summer because I can beat to my own drum.  The harder part is keeping the kids from killing each other. They tend to get in each other's way. They aren't bad if we have plans, but if we are home and doing stuff, they are definitely in each other's face more. What can I say? I keep them as busy as I can.  However, it is costly to be out there daily.

So since I have checked in here last, we have been busy with end of the year festivities.  I was here on the fifth.  On Thursday, we had an appointment with the truck first thing in the morning. In the afternoon, we went to the school to see Ping in a musical performance. It was really cute. Only about 30 or so minutes.  We took Manny with us.  Yamira was in school still. At 4:00 pm, I took Yamira to therapy.  Bill was on call that night.

I can't for the life of me remember what I did today.  I have nothing on the calendar. No appointments or anything. It was a really rainy week.  I am sure I did errands or something equally boring.

On Saturday we sent Shayla with her Girl Scout troop to the zoo.  She then came home and we left for her softball game at 3:00 pm.  That evening I went to Janice's for a going away party. She is moving to North Carolina. I had a decent time. I didn't really want to go, but it turned out fine. I spent most of this morning telling Cari off. We decided to no longer be friends that day and frankly, I couldn't be more thrilled. :)  When you have someone who talks about you all the time and talks poorly about your friends, that is just toxic. I just had to get away from her. I wasn't sure if that night I would be crappy because she was going to be there, but it was fine.

Sunday was a super busy day. Bill had to work all day. I took the kids to Children's Day at church.  As we got to church, I got a call from the guy who took half of my grandmother's furniture before and had to pick up the rest of the furniture I had in the basement.  I have waited over a month for him. He decides he is going to come up in an hour. REALLY? Like that was not the worst time ever? I appreciate that he was coming as I have been waiting forever, but really that day and at that time? I had to be in church for the kids who were performing.  It worked out. He called, I ran to the house for 10 minutes and I was back to church in time. The kids did great.  I then quickly fed the kids lunch and then I took Yamira to Pump It Up to be with her Daisy troop.  I went home with the other two.  My friend Lisa then took Yamira to the 4:30 pm birthday party that her daughter and Yamira were invited to. I met them there with Ping and Manny.  It was at Zoinks which is similar to Pump It Up.  We then headed home for dinner. What a night.  It was a tough day, that is for sure.  It is hard to drag children not invited to things.  However, we made it through the day.

On Monday, Bill had to work all day and then go to school. I dropped the kids off at school and then did a few errands. I picked up Manny at 11:00 am and then the girls at 3:00 pm. We did not have Brownies that night which I was most grateful for.

On Tuesday, Bill took the kids to school.  I did some stuff around the house as I was still working on that major project I started which is cleaning all the basements, attics and other assorted areas out.

On Wednesday, it was the same thing. Working inside the house and trying to get as much done as possible before the kids are out of school.

On Thursday, our cable company came out to try and solve our phone line issue. This is the seventh call I have had to my house. Our phone line cuts out for like 20 seconds. I sound garbled and the people on the other end don't know what to do. It is very frustrating when you are on an important business call.  Hopefully the problem is fixed now. We were supposed to go to softball that night in Rutland, but it was cancelled due to the heavy rain.  What a rainy June we have had.

On Friday, Bill took the girls to school and I took Manny to the dermatologists office for a wart.  She tried to freeze it.  It is still there though. I don't know if this wart will ever go away! So frustrating. I dropped him off right after since he only has a few days left of school.  Bill took Sasha for her hair cut at 10:00 am.  We spent the rest of the day doing things at home.

On Saturday, we had a 12:00 pm softball game and then Ryan's birthday party. The weather was absolutely gorgeous. It was so nice to be outside sitting in the yard for the day.

Sunday was Father's Day.  Bill actually worked for most of the day.  We spent the day at home.  The kids worked on projects for their teachers.  I cleaned.  It was a decent day.

Monday it was blazing hot!  We dropped the kids off at school and did a few errands. At 12:30 pm I went to the school to watch both Ping and Yamira participate in their field days. They had a great time.  I was there for three hours. I was burnt to a crisp and exhausted! Spent the rest of the day at home.  Bill had school that night.

On Tuesday, we dropped Manny off at school and went to do a few things. We then went back to the school at 10:15 am to watch Manny graduate from preschool.  Then home to give him some lunch and then back to the school to watch the Yamira's concert. When we left, we took all the kids since we had been at the school so much that day.

On Wednesday, the kids had a half day. I got something in my eye that was just killing me, so that put a big damper on the day.  We picked up the kids and went to the 99 for lunch with Renee and Heather and their kids. Heather and I then took the kids to the Sterling Playground for an hour or so. At 5:30 pm, I met Heather and Renee at Heather's house for the end of the year carnival. The kids had a ball. It was okay. Pretty lame, but it was nice to be out. What a long day it was though. Bill was at school, so he couldn't go with us.

On Thursday, we got up early and went for hair cuts.  In the afternoon, we all went to therapy so both Yamira and Manny could have back to back appointments.  Bill was on call that night, so we were home for the evening.

On Friday I met my friend Christine at Kimball's for lunch.  I then did a few errands before going home and getting Bill and the kids so we could go to Meg's house in New Hampshire for her friend's birthday party. We had pizza, cake and a great time.  It was a long day.

Then on Saturday we had a busy day as well. I had an eye appointment in Boston. We then went to our friend Trisha's house in Mansfield for a cook out and then to Shayla's friend Julia's house for another cook out. We had a great time.

Sunday we had no plans and I could not be more grateful.  Bill ended up covering the fire department quite a lot and I stayed home and picked up some and did some cleaning since we had not been home the last few days.

On Monday I got up and did a few errands before heading back to the house to meet someone about the mailbox that needs fixing.  At 4:00 pm, we headed out the door to get the kids signed up for swimming lessons. What a nightmare that was. It was so hot and we were there for over an hour. We got the kids signed up though and I got myself into a class. I can't wait to start next week. Neither can the kids. We then headed home for dinner and bed.

Today we did some stuff around the house and did a few errands too. Not a bad day. I didn't get done nearly what I wanted to, but that is okay. I got the kids signed up for the reading program at the library.

Well I must get going here. I have a few things to do and I would love to sit down and watch a little TV!!!

Hope you are enjoying your summer so far.  Good luck beating this terrible heat we are having!!!!

Mama Out!!!!!!
Manny after his first bus ride
Ping's concert
Children's Day
Ryan's party
Ping at field day
Yamira at field day
Second to last day of school
Manny graduating
Ping lunching with the ladies. Riely and Lilli
End of the year event. Manny, Yamira, Riely, Sadie, Lilli and Ping
Yamira in the ball
Ping in the ball
Yamira and Manny bouncing

No comments: