Monday, June 20, 2011

I am a blogging nightmare

This is the longest I think I have ever gone without blogging. The killer is that it takes me over an hour to write and upload photos. Who has the time for that? However, I am trying to not be like a lot of other bloggers out there that just up and leave one day. I don't want to do that. I need this for my memory bank. You need this to see how good you have it! Okay, I am just kidding. I left off on a Wednesday. I know why I haven't blogged since. It's been pandemonium around here due to it being the end of the school year. Now that the kids are out, maybe I will find a little more time to get to the blogging. Who is kidding who. I might be busier. I can say for sure though, I won't miss driving to school three times a day.

So let me see where I should start. Bill was off to an "Intro to Scuba" the last time I logged on. It was only about an hour long. He loved it and wants to take lessons. Needless to say it is not in the cards right now. I also think he can probably find another shop closer. This one was only an hour away though, so not that bad.

On Thursday, I took Yamira to her therapist. It had been a tough week with Yamira, so I was grateful to check in with another person that understands children. Yamira enjoys seeing her therapist. I am not sure if she is really being helped, but she certainly is not being hurt by any of it. We are down to once every two weeks vs once a week for the last year or so. Bill was on call for the night, so no heading out for me. Nowhere major to go, but things do occasionally come up. There was a call though, so it was worth staying home.

Friday was an exhausting day. Ping had surgery that morning. I took Ping in at 9:00 am. She was cool as a cucumber till she had to change into a gown. At that point she lost it. She was so scared. They whisked her in pretty quickly and she was done within an hour. She had one ear tube removed. She woke up all confused. I felt awful. I expected it, but hated to see that she wanted to walk, but she couldn't. I took her home for her to rest. She wasn't supposed to do anything but rest for the rest of the day. Within an hour she was bouncing around like her regular self. Couldn't believe how quickly she bounced back. We headed to the girl's school for 6:00 pm. There was a carnival being held for the end of the year. We met with Ashly, Bobby and their two children, Bridget and her three girls and Ding and her little Matthew. We all walked around and had a nice time. The kids got tattoos and rode pedal cars. They played games and got into the ambulance and fire truck. We then went inside and waited for the basket raffle. We won one. Thrilling! Then it was home and bed.

On Saturday, we got up early and headed to the girl's gymnastic awards. They were getting medals today. We were supposed to go later in the day, but since we had plans, we went at 9:00 am instead. The girls both completed an obstacle course, got their medals and had sundaes. We then headed home for a quick change and then drove to Norwood High School for the "Last Hurrah." They are tearing down my old high school because a new one was built. They had a day activity and a night one. The night one I didn't go to as I did not think that many would go. I was disappointed I didn't go. We went during the day. It was okay. There wasn't much to do. We walked around and looked at some of the fundraising stuff and then we went to Maura's parents house to say hello and to introduce the youngest two. Mrs. Pellowe gave me a gorgeous tea cup. Very sweet of her. I was so touched. After we left Maura's parents house, we headed to RI to get me a necklace that I wanted. Bill sat in the car while I shopped. That is never fun, but at least the kids had a movie to watch in the car. We headed home, fed the kids an extravagant meal of cereal and strawberries and we put the kids to bed. They were toast.

On Sunday, Bill had signed up to work from 6:00 am-6:00 pm. I decided to keep the kids home for the day. I had things to do here and the kids had a busy week ahead of them. I did take the girls to Sunday School, did an errand and then went back and attended church. All the children performed as it was the last day of Sunday School. It was really cute, but Manny was off his rocker. He could not quiet down. After church we spent the day at home. Me doing stuff like cleaning and organizing and the kids played and watched movies.

I wasn't sure how I was going to get through Monday. Grin and bear it? It was a back to back kind of day. I dropped the kids off at school and headed home for an 8:30 am appointment. We then headed out to do some errands before heading back to school to get Yamira. We then headed home as I had an appointment with two granite companies. One to do a template and one to do an install. Both went off without a hitch. We all piled in the car and headed to school to get Ping and then on to swimming lessons for the girls and dinner. We then headed to the Daisy ceremony. Ping had to be at Daisies at 5:30 pm. I went and brought the little ones. I helped out while the younger two played. At 6:30 pm, the rest of the parents showed and we all watched the ceremony. It was the end of the Daisy year. It was great. Ping has loved being a Daisy this year. Once done, we headed home and put everyone to bed.

On Tuesday, we headed to school for 10:00 am as Yamira's class had a graduation ceremony. It was adorable. All the kids played out nursery rhymes. They then got a book and Mrs. Milton shared with each student how important they were to the classroom. Bill took Manny and headed home and I took Yamira to her OT appointment. That went well. On the way home, I decided to stop at WPI to say hello to some old coworkers. Nobody recognized me. It was sort of funny. I only saw a few, but nobody had a clue who I was until after I said "It's me JILL!" It was a short visit, but it was nice. Unfortunately, I forgot that I had a 1:00 pm appointment with the gas man at the house. However, Bill was home, so it worked out fine. The gas man had issues, but did what he had to do. We had to then get on the horn with the plumber to see if he could find the access panel to the new fireplace. It wasn't on and so the fireplace wasn't firing up. I was only home for an hour or so before I had to head back out to get Ping from school and to take her to her skating lesson. Then we had to run home really quick so that Ping could eat and I could take her to a Bridging ceremony for other Girl Scouts that were bridging. Another long day. All good, but tiring.

Wednesday brought a little relief. The girls went to school in the morning and I ran a few errnad with Manny. Bill worked at the station. When I picked up Yamira at the end of her day, we headed to Leominster to visit with their biological Dad. We met at a playground and then headed out for pizza after. His brother works there and he wanted his brother to see the kids. We had a nice afternoon. Unfortunately, I had to rush home to get Ping and then get the girls to gymnastics. It was their last lesson for the year. Manny was off the walls from no nap as was Yamira. The girls did fine at gymnastics. The rest of the night was spent home.

On Thursday, Bill went to the station again and I dropped the girls off at school. Manny and I did a few errands and went back to the school for 10:30 am. All those that contributed to the Kindergarten gift were invited. So the teachers were presented with gifts and the kids had an extended recess. I walked to the front of the school and got Yamira and then I took the two for hair cuts. Bill was supposed to get a hair cut as well, but he was working so that was a no go. The kids napped and then we picked up Ping at 3:00 pm. We spent the rest of the day at home. The kids had dinner and some much needed baths before heading off to bed. Tomorrow was the last day of school! Bill was on all night and there was a call, so he was a tad tired from the entire day.

Friday was the last day of school, so I opted to drop the girls off. I wanted to wish everyone a happy summer. It was a half day for the kids. Bill took Manny to his last swimming lesson at the Y. So everyone was now done with swimming, Daisies and gymnastics. After picking up Yamira, we went to Walmart for 15 minutes and then headed back to get Ping. I usually will dismiss Ping at the same time, but where it was the last day, I just figured I would let her stay. It was raining out, so the pool party that Ping was to attend was canceled. So Bill and I took the kids to the International Fest at the library. We went a little late as the two youngest had a little nap. The girls got their hair braided. Manny and Yamira got tattoos. They all got to do a few crafts. We could have been there for hours. The kids had a great time. We left at 4:00 pm, headed home for dinner and bedtime. Bill was on again from 6:00-10:00 pm.

Saturday it was gorgeous out. It was suppose to rain, but it didn't. A friend of mine dropped her 5 year old son off to play with the kids. She and her husband both had commitments, so I offered to babysit. We dropped him off in Holden at 2:00 pm and headed to Meri's house for Ryan's second birthday. It was so nice to just sit outside in the gorgeous weather. I tried a turkey burger. Took me an hour, but I ate the entire thing. Somewhere around 6:00 pm, we headed home for some much needed baths. The kids were filthy from all their running around. I sat down later in the night to watch some TV for a change. Never got around to watching much during the week. I don't mind, but wanted to try to get my DVR cleaned up. Needless to say, I think I passed out. I didn't get the DVR cleaned up, that much I can tell you.

Yesterday was a welcomed respite. Bill worked for Father's Day from 6:00 am to 6:00 pm. I cleaned the bathroom and kitchen from top to bottom. I also cleaned out the refrigerator. That took me almost three hours. I threw a lot of junk away and scrubbed and scrubbed. Mine isn't half as bad as I have seen before and yet it took forever to get clean. I also paid bills and did a lot of organizing at my desk. It felt good to actually do a few things at the house. We have so much to do, it's really weighing me down. We just never get the time together to tackle the big projects. I really need Bill's help for some stuff. I hope we all get it done in the year 2011! The kids watched movies and played for the day. There is nothing wrong in staying home for a change. We can't go every day. They want to, but it's important to get things caught up at home. Just the normal day to day stuff. We aren't even talking the big projects.

Here we are at Monday. The first day of school vacation. It's been a totally tolerable day. I wasn't over scheduled at all. Don't get me wrong, we were busy, but not to the point of not being able to breathe. The two little ones had dentist appointments. Their teeth look great. We then went to F W Webb in Auburn, CVS, the bank, Dunkins for Daddy and Walmart. We have been home since. The kids had lunch and Manny and Yamira napped. That gave me some time to make phone calls. Now I am here getting caught up and the kids are all sharing their blocks. Each one is complaining the other one is using too many reds or that someone is stealing their design. Oh boy. Going to go upload some photos and get dinner on the table. Wonder what I should heat up for them tonight. I am so not a "cooker." That is okay, I don't think they care. As long as they are fed something they like, they are happy campers.

Mama Out!!!!!

Ready for surgery.

Four beautiful ladies.

The girls and their tattoos.

The ultimate clown.

She won!

Matthew and Manny.

Oh boy, look who is driving?

Manny the passenger.

Let this be for fun only.

I can handle her driving more than riding in the back.

Pedal cars.

Pedal cars.

The patient.


Obstacle course.


Obstacle course.


My high school.

New tea cup from Maura's Mom.

All of us.


The Mustang and the kids.



Funny girl.




Ping and her award.


Our troop.

Me heading out to school.

At the bridging ceremony.

Riely, Shayla and Elizabeth.

Our leaders.

Daisies and Brownies.

Yamira at school.


Skylar, Miss Muffet.

Getting her book.

Sky and Yamira.

Yamira, Sky, Matthew and Sophie.

Mallory and Yamira.

Miss Jean and Yamira.

Mrs. Milton and Yamira.

Mrs. Bowman and Yamira.

Visit with biological dad. Girl in hot pink is the older sister to Yamira and Manny.

Sara and Yamira.

Sara and Manny.

Daddy and Yamira and his wife's little girl.

Manny with Manny and Yamira.

Sara and Manny.

Manny and Reuben.

Gift to the classroom.

New fireplace.

Special chicken.

Special horse.

Shayla and Jeff.

Log cabin time.

Play set.

Birthday boy Ryan.


Heather Hale said...

Glad to hear Ping is fine after her surgery. Busy, busy, busy at your house.

I hope to write you a proper e-mail soon. I hope you are well!


Jill said...

I think of you often and hope you are well too Heather!!!