Thursday, October 4, 2012

Checking in

I am pretty sure I have said this a million times before, but I will say it again. Why am I still blogging?  Seems like nobody blogs anymore.  Does anyone even read the blog? I keep thinking I am going to have it printed out and put it on a shelf somewhere. Who wants to hear what I do with my kids? I do it so that I can look back and remember if I need to one day. God knows my memory is not superb!  Now I have to think back to what I have been doing since the 17th of September. Not an easy task.

Tuesday the 18th I took a long walk with a good friend of mine.  I have a rail trail near my house that is wonderful. So we walked the entire length which is 6 miles.  I would normally hate that long of a walk, but it goes by quickly because we get to talking about everything under the sun. We have a phrase now "anything said in the woods stays in the woods." We feel free to say whatever we want in regards to friends, husband and kids!  She is a wonderful person and I am so glad she is committed to walking with me.  Bill worked from 7-3 that day so I had to get Manny from school, feed him lunch and get him into bed for his nap. I got the girls at 3:00 pm and then Ping and I went back out at 6:00 pm for EAR. EAR is a reading program they have once a month at Ping's school. The kids can read books and then take a test on the book and they get points!  We were there for almost two hours and then came home and Ping went to bed. She was exhausted.

On Wednesday, I woke up and mustered all my energy to get through the day as it was a long one. I walked 6 miles and then picked up the kids as it was a half day at school. We then met the Brownie troop Ping is in to pick apples and press apples for cider. We were there till 3:00pm. We then went to the library to attend a 4:00 pm program on bullying which was put on by Animal Adventures.  I then headed to Norwood to have dinner with my friend Maura. That was a ton of fun. There were a few of us. We ate and then went back to Maura's house for cake. I stayed way too long and got home super late.  It was worth it though.

On Thursday, I had an 11:00 am meeting with Gerry, my financial guy. So I walked and then got home in time to meet with Gerry. Bill grabbed Manny and then we had our meeting. In the evening, Bill went to Harr to learn more about the Toyota. They were sponsoring a dinner. I took part in a webinar about adoption.

Friday was a better day with less commitments. I walked in the morning and then took Manny to therapy. Spent the rest of the day at home.  I was supposed to have lunch, but had to cancel. I can't even remotely remember why I had to cancel.  I think it was because therapy was running late.

On Saturday, the girls had soccer and then we drove to Curry College for Homecoming weekend. The kids got to ride on a pony and we took a hay ride. It wasn't worth going really, but they enjoyed regardless. At 4:00 pm, we went to the Alumni hall and they had some munchies, so the kids were thrilled. We then came home.

On Sunday, we went to SOWA in Boston. That is a craft fair. The weather was gorgeous and so it was nice to go. We also ran into Ayi Anita and so that was wonderful.  We got home around 5:00 pm. Had dinner and showers and then put the little ones to bed.

On Monday, Bill had to work in Clinton from 7-7. I walked with my friend, got Manny at 11:00 and then met my friends Susan and Jaime from CASA at the 99 Restaurant. It was a quick lunch and I had to bring Manny, but we had a nice time.  That evening Ping had Brownies. I had to drop her off and pick her up since Bill was working all day.

On Tuesday, Bill worked from 7-7 again. I walked, picked up Manny, gave him lunch and put him in for a nap. At 3:00 pm, I got the girls. We stayed home for the rest of the afternoon and evening.

Wednesday was a busy day. I walked with my friend, but for 3 miles vs 6 miles.  Then we took Sasha and Neesha to the vets for their check up.  At 1:00 pm Bill, me and Manny went to meet with Bill's school advisor to discuss his schooling. We then did an errand and grabbed the girls from school and headed home. I had a 4:00 pm appointment that I ran out to alone.  I had to get the gel nail polish off from four weeks ago.  It was a busy day to say the least!

On Thursday I drove to Boston to see Dr. Shikora.  I was 45 minutes late due to terrible traffic.  There was no valet parking and I almost didn't get a spot in the garage. What a mess. Spoke with Dr. Shikora and told him that I was unhappy about my weight gain. He wants me to try one or two diet drugs out there on the market. However, they aren't out there yet I found out! He wants me to meet with his colleague. I already know here. She isn't going to do a thing for me, but will go. I will also be meeting with a nutritionist.  After leaving there, I had a hell of a time getting out of the parking garage as the valet people were parking cars everywhere. I finally got someone to move the cars so I could leave. I rushed home because I had to get Yamira to therapy for 4:00 pm.  We then ran to Big Y and then home for the night.

On Friday, I prepped for Yamira's birthday party.  I went to the church at 2:00 pm to set up the chairs for musical chairs, put the tablecloths on the tables, scooped some ice cream for the sundaes and a few other things. Everyone piled in between 4:00 and 4:30.  Everyone had a good time it seemed. I did not get home till nearly 7:30 as I had to clean up the church and was chatting with a friend.  I was zonked by the time we got home and unloaded the car.  It was a long day!!!!

Saturday brought soccer for the two girls at two different times. I was going to try and attend both, but the ground was soaking wet from the rain and that would have killed Manny and Yamira given that they don't like being cold at all.  So Bill took Ping, brought her home and then he took Yamira!  The two little ones napped and then we all got ready for the Mid-Autumn Mood Festival.   We had a wonderful time seeing people we know. We only won one thing and that is for Ping to have a horse lesson for free and it came with a blanket and a horse pillow pet. Wish we had won more, but it wasn't our year.  I also didn't do a lot of bidding due to our expenses.  We got home late. The kids were exhausted from all of their running around.

On Sunday, we stayed home. I took the kids to Sunday School while Bill collected money in his fire boot for the MDA. I ran to Walmart and then back to pick up the kids.  We stayed at home for the rest of the day as we were all tired. Manny and Yamira needed their naps too!  So I did a few things around the house so that I could get caught up. Needless to say, I didn't get caught up at all.

On Monday, I walked 6 miles with my friend in the morning. I then did a few errands and picked up Manny.  I started to get a nasty sore throat in the afternoon. I took Yamira and Manny to visit their dad for a little over an hour. I kept falling asleep sitting there while they played in the other room.  I just wanted to go home. I then took Ping to Brownies because I had to give out the Fall Product catalogs.  Bill picked her up an hour later.  By that time, I was dead to the world feeling pretty miserable.

On Tuesday, I dropped the kids off at school and walked for an hour with my friend. I then went to my 11:00 am appointment with a Nurse Practitioner to see if I had a sinus infection. Sure enough I do. So off to CVS for my meds I went and then I headed home so that Bill could go to the Larz Anderson Museum before our membership expired. He wasn't gone long. I grabbed the girls from school and headed home.  I spent the rest of the day at home as I was exhausted and really feeling quite miserable.

I skipped walking on Wednesday in order to rest in the morning. I had an 11:00 am appointment at CASA to get my new case. I did go there, but could not stop sneezing. It was embarrassing.  While parking the car, I mistakenly called Donna! It went to voicemail.  Don't ask me how that happened. She texted me back and called me back, but I was in a meeting. She then texted me again. I said that it was a mistake and I apologized. She said it was "no problem." Oh well. These things happen. It was too bad that she didn't seem to have a desire to continue the conversation. That would have been a good opportunity for her to do so.  At 12:30 pm I had a cranial facial appointment at the house with Pam. That went well. I spent the rest of the day at home. Around 3:00 pm, I took a short nap as I really was feeling quite miserable.  I then got up and got some things done. I am still lagging behind very badly. It's very upsetting to me that I can't get everything done. Not sure what my problem is. I seem to have a lot of outstanding stuff that I just can't get resolved.  I was going to go to the library at night to see an author talk, but couldn't go as Bill had mandatory training. That was a bummer, but I felt pretty bad anyway so it was just as well.

Today I had a lunch date, but it had to be cancelled. That was frustrating. I just didn't feel well enough to go though, so I cancelled it. I don't want to get my friend sick either. So we will have to get together another time. I took the opportunity to sleep in this morning. That was good for me. I do feel a tad bit better.  I got a lot done this afternoon, but still have a ton to do. Par for the course is not getting stuff done lately!!!!  We did go through some clothes with the girls though. I detest that job. Bill was on call tonight, so he ran out for a call around 6:00 pm. It is after 9:00 pm and I need to have some dinner. That is about all that is going on for us. I hope I feel better with each day as this cold and sinus infection is a drag!

Hope you are well and are enjoying your fall!

 Mama Out!!!!!!!

Apple Picking
Animal Adventures
Curry College
Ayi Anita
Mom and Dad's Fall decorations
Birthday girl
Heading out for Mid-Autumn Festival

1 comment:

Heather H. said...

I can't speak for anyone else, but I am still here. I hope you feel better soon.