Monday, September 17, 2012

Stress free days, what are they?

I wouldn't know. I haven't had one in forever. Take today for instance. I have a bank book that belongs to my family. I am temporarily holding onto it.  I am eventually going to have my name added to it, but I have not had that done yet due to a hold up on my uncle's part. Anyway, today I went to find the file that contains this bank book. It took me two hours to find it. I was beside myself.  I am such a neatnik and an organizer, that this just blew my mind.  Sure enough I found it, but not without turning a few hairs gray!

It seems like I have had a few weeks that have brought on unneeded and unwanted stress.  I am finding that there seems to be a change in the "air" around town. I find some moms that were previously sweet and friendly can't even look my way now. I don't think I did anything to anger them.  Who knows? I find it most irritating though. I am not a fan of snobby people. That is what I am finding right now, that there is a lot of snobbery.  It's difficult at best.  In addition to that, I have found a few friends to be outspoken and rude lately and I am really not a fan of that. I talk to everyone with respect and I don't stick my nose in other people's business when it comes to how they run their lives with their friends and family.  However, there are people out there that just love to do that and they are rude about it as well.

Maybe it's a moon thing? Maybe it's just me. I just find that this was as tough summer and now a tough start to the school year. I find myself dragged into things I don't want to be part of in the list and yet I find myself knee deep in some of these messes regardless of what I do.  Well enough about that. On to what we have been doing lately. What haven't we been doing lately.  We have been super busy as always. That is how we like it.  The last time I was here was on the thirty first and we were starting our Labor Day weekend!
I have to say that I honestly do not remember what we did the entire weekend of Labor Day.  On my calendar that Saturday is blank. I know we did stuff, but I can't for the life of me remember what we did. We did some errands I believe, but I can't say for sure.

Sunday brought a late start for me. I slept in a little. We then got ready and headed to Meg and John's up in NH for the day. We had a wonderful time. We had burgers, dogs, corn and chocolate chip cookies. The day was beautiful, the food was great and the company was fantastic. There was Meg, John, their daughter in law, son and granddaughter and then friends of theirs which is their daughter in laws parents.  We left to come home for 10 pm as Bill was on call.  We didn't have any cookouts on Labor Day. We usually always do, but not this time. I slept in late again and then we headed to Hardwick Winery in Hardwick where we picnics, the kids played and we fed the animals. We then went and got some ice cream in Barre I think it was. It was beautiful out.

On Tuesday, the kids went to school and I had a cranial sacral appointment with my therapist.  Then it was time to get Manny, feed him lunch and get him in for a nap. Once I picked up the kids, we headed to the doctors as Manny and Shayla needed to have their yearly physicals. That went well. Manny had four shots, but he did really well with them.  Then we headed home for dinner, books and bed.

On Wednesday I dropped the kids off at school and then went to the rail trail to walk with a friend. That was a lot of fun. I then picked up Manny at 11:00 am and did some errands with him before heading home for lunch and a nap for the little guy. That night Ping and Bill had soccer practice. After soccer, we had dinner and headed off to read some books.

Thursday was a great day. I walked in the morning with my girlfriend and then I headed to lunch with my friend Audra. As always it was too short. It's hard when you only get an hour, but she is a working woman. I am just glad we could get together.  Manny stayed home with Daddy.  After lunch I did a few errands before heading home.  The rest of the day was spent at home doing homework and watching some TV.

On Friday, I met my friend for a walk again. I then got Manny from school and we ran around to do some errands.  I also took him to his first therapy with his counselor. He enjoyed it.  We then headed home for lunch and a nap for him.  The girls came home at 3:15 pm and they played and watched TV. Manny joined them when he woke up.  Bill headed out to the football game for 6:30. He was covering it for the fire department.

Saturday morning was very busy with soccer for both girls. Yamira didn't seem interested because her cleats were too small.  So when we got home, we had her try another pair on and they were perfect!  We then went to Clinton Olde Home Day. We were there for an hour or so. We walked around and talked with some vendors. Bill and Joe were supposed to go to the Seekonk Speedway that night, but due to rain, it was cancelled. That was a disappointment for them.  We stopped at the grocery story to grab some stuff from the deli and Bill ran into his sister who we are not friendly with. We chatted a little.  The kids said hello. We then headed home. Bill went to do a full grocery shop since his evening plans were cancelled. The kids played and then we had dinner.

On Sunday we went to the Grafton Flea Market so that I could change out my cell phone cover that was defective and then we went to the Sterling Fair. The kids were bummed we couldn't do any rides, but they are super expensive and I am trying hard to cut down on our expenses. We did walk around and looked at some of the vendors and we also pet some of the animals and the kids rode some little tractor bikes.  We then headed home for dinner and showers.  It was a great day. It was gorgeous out!!!!

Bill worked from 7:00 am- 3:00 pm on Monday. I got up and took the kids to school. I then met my friend at the rail trail and we walked six miles.  I then picked up Manny and we did some local errands.  I picked the girls up around 3:00 pm and then we came home to do homework and to have an early dinner because it was Ping's first Brownie meeting and I had to attend because there was a lot of paperwork to do.  Bill was so tired, he didn't bother going to his Masons meeting.  I spent the rest of the night doing a few things around here and watching some TV.

On Tuesday, Bill worked at the hospital doing his internship.  I walked for six miles with my friend and then I went and got Manny and then the girls at 3:00 pm.  I took Ping to get some sealants at 5:00 pm and then we raced home as Bill was covering the 6:00-10:00 pm shift and he had the little ones.

Wednesday, Bill worked at the hospital and I spent the day shuffling the kids around and taking a long walk.  It was a busy day as it was picture day so we had to get all dolled up and have our hair done.  Then that night, Bill took the kids to soccer practice and I went to Open House at the school. That wasn't easy. It is hard to see three teachers in one hour. I started with Ping's teacher since she doesn't know me. We met once over the summer.  I had some paperwork to fill out there, so I was there for nearly 40 minutes. I wouldn't have cared, but I still needed to see Yamira's teacher and Manny's.  I was in for a shock when I walked into Yamira's classroom. I walked in and saw my Aunt Sandy. Then I saw my cousin Stefanie. Her son is in Yamira's class. I was literally in shock. Stefanie lives in Worcester, so why would she be in our town. However, we have something called "School Choice" so it seems like she must have opted for West Boylston. Just my luck. I want nothing to do with them. They treated my Dad poorly and then didn't show for my Mother's wake and funeral.  So I am done with them.  The last thing I was to do is run into them all the time going forward with our kids in the same school system.  Bill sees them frequently as my uncle often needs the ambulance to pick him up. Bill often is on call that night. However, that is fine. I have no desire to see or speak to them.  So I left school that night less than thrilled!  When I got home, the kids were in bed.

Thursday was a low key day. Bill worked, I shuffled the kids to and from school and I walked the rail trail with my friend. In the afternoon I took Yamira to therapy. That went well. We then went home and had dinner, books and bed.

Friday was great. Bill worked. I took the kids to school and then walked. I got Manny at 11:00 am and then the girls at 3:00 pm. At 5:00 pm, my friend Anita came to the house. We went to pick up Meri and then we went to the 99 for dinner. However, it was super crowded. We went to Leo's Ristorante and then we went to Barry Mannillow at the DCU center. He was awesome!!!!!!!  We had a great night.

On Saturday, we got up early and took the girls to soccer. I so miss watching Ping, but I can't leave Yamira for any length of time. I take a walk down to watch for a few minutes, but then I have to go back to where Yamira is playing on a different field. After soccer we went to the Boylston Farmers Market. They were closing up, so we didn't do much, but we did see our friend Ashly with her two girls. So they kids got to hang out for a few minutes. We then went to a fall fair in Hopkinton. We split some apple crisp and met two others who have adopted from China. One gave me her information and we have emailed each other a few times about some Chinese happenings.  It was a long day, but it was fun and it was gorgeous out.

Sunday morning the kids and Bill went to Sunday School. I slept in a little.  It was Yamira's birthday, so she opened her presents and then we then went to stArt on the Street in Worcester which is a huge craft fair with music and food. We had a nice time.  Didn't get anything but a sign for the bathroom. That was all of $5.00!  Oh and we got a book for the kids. We then went to the 99 for dinner where I ran into old friends. They were my parents friends. They are both still working. Hard to believe given that my parents are both gone. They told me that they had no grandchildren and they were sad about that. I told them I was sad that my children didn't have any grandparents. I would have loved to adopt them. They would have all been able to benefit each other!!!!  Once we got home the kids had showered and jumped into bed. It was a long day.

Seven came way too early this morning.  I dropped off the kids and other than getting Manny at 11:00 am and the girls at 3:00 pm, I have been home working all day long. Trying to catch up here. Make business calls.  Trying to work on my "to do" list that never ever seems to go down. Very frustrating. I also feel like I could be getting sick? I could be wrong, but my head is very hot and my nasal/sinus areas are feeling that hot sick feeling. Not pretty. Well I must get Ping off to Brownies and then get the other two ready for bed.

Hope you are having a wonderful September!

Mama Out!!!!!!!!

Prepping the corn
Meg and Ping
Meg and Yamira
Hardwick Winery
Wine barrel
Wine bottle Christmas Tree
Go away goat!
Kung Fu
Big Bird
Tractor bike
Another tooth gone
Picture day
Barry Mannilow
Boylston Farmers Market


Heather H. said...

Hi Jill! It sounds like you and your family are doing well. You know what I notice these days? You are no longer writing about how ill you are! That's fantastic! I'm so glad you are doing better. I was sorry to read about your run-ins with not-so-friendly family members. Blech. Take Care!


Jill said...

Thanks so much Heather. I am healthy, but also heavy again. :( Would love to know how you are!!!!???