Sunday, March 20, 2011

It's Sunday updating time again

We had a great week that I can remember. A few aggravations, but other than that, it was a good week. I will say that Yamira didn't have a good week at school. She was good for two days, but the other days she was not good at all. That is very upsetting to me. She wasn't any better at home. So first her poor teachers get to suffer and then we do at home. Yesterday she was pretty good and today she has been okay. I am hoping that this week will bring a good week for her at school. I have to say that at the end of the week I am going away. I am sure that is going to be difficult due to a change in routine. Wish I could say that I didn't care since I will be away, but that would be a lie. I will feel extremely guilty not being home with my family. I am only going away for a few days to meet with others who have had the surgery I have had. Looking forward to it and yet I am not because I have so many things to do around here.

Anyway, let's see what we did last week. I wrote on Monday, so I don't have to go over that again. On Tuesday, Bill got the opportunity to work at the Fire Department. So I dropped the girls off at school and Manny and I headed off to visit a few places that I was interested in seeing for the adoption party. We checked out the Sac club, Froshinn club and the Italian American club. All were okay, but none of them was as perfect for me as Zukas Hilltop. So I booked Zukas. They didn't have the date I wanted, so I booked the party earlier in May than I wanted, but I wanted the place badly enough that it will all be worth it. I hope so anyway. Manny and I then headed to Target for diapers and a pair of sunglasses and lip gloss for him. He got a Peeps smelling tube of gloss. The girls have them, so he needed his own. We then went to get Yamira and then we went to the library to meet with our friends Bridget and Ashly. The kids had a great time playing. Before we knew it, I had a 1:00 pm appointment at the house and Bill was out of work. So we met at home and walked through the addition with the contractor. At 3:00 pm we went to get Ping from school and took her to her ice skating lesson. She was going to quit skating after this lesson, but she has decided to continue. I told her to not continue if she didn't want to and to not do it for me. The sweetie says "Mommy, your dream is for me to be an Olympic ice skater and now your wish is granted." I thought I was going to die. She said it two different ways and it was precious. I still don't think she is going to stay with it, but she does want to do another lesson this Tuesday. She likes it, but it's not like swimming or gymnastics. Other than dinner, that was our day.

On Wednesday, Bill dropped off the girls and I stayed home with Manny. At noon, our financial planner came by to review some accounts. Bill headed out at 3:00 pm to get Ping from school and took the two girls to gymnastics. I basically stayed home with Manny and did some computer work. Got some things researched and booked. It was a decent day.

On Thursday, Bill and I dropped the girls off for school and went to two places to look at granite. We are looking for a vanity top right now. We had Manny with us. He stayed in the car with Bill for the most part. After I picked out a few matches, Bill would come in and take a look. We are going to see a few more soon. We picked up Yamira from school and then fed the two before I had to take Yamira to therapy. After therapy, I grabbed Shayla from school and she and I went to a new place to get her a hair cut. We spend the rest of the afternoon catching up on homework and having dinner.

Friday brought swim class with Manny in the am. I didn't get in the water this time though. Bill did. I watched. Bill will be taking him this Friday since I will be out of town, so I thought this would be a good time to have him try it. As usual, it was quick. We then went and picked up Yamira. I was going to be the mystery reader for Ping's class at noon, but I asked Bill if he wanted to give it a shot. I knew Ping would love to see him. So he went. She supposedly screamed when she saw him. She has been wanting him to come in. I had some nice quiet time at home while he went off to do that. I fed the kids lunch and Manny had a nap. Around 5:00 pm, Bobby-Jo came over and we hung out till 6:45 pm or so and then jumped in our cars and went to Bridget's house for an Usborne party. We had a great time. I didn't leave till midnight. It was nice to be out and not interrupted every three minutes.

I slept in on Saturday. I got up around 11:00 am and got ready. Did a little cleaning and then Donna came over. She hasn't been here in 6 months. We all piled in the car and headed to the Drawbridge Theater for a puppet show. It was Jack and the Bean Stock. Very cute. The kids were really well behaved too for the most part. We met Bobby-Jo, Brooke and Autumn there with a friend of Autumn's in tow. We had a nice time. We then came home and had a late lunch. I convinced Donna to hang out longer and to go to a comedy club with me that night. I was meeting a bunch of mom's at Jose Murphy's in Worcester to see a few comediennes. Donna and I jumped in the car and went to pick up Meri and then headed into Worcester. The club was okay. The men were not all that funny. The last guy was really funny thought. Meri and Donna had a few drinks. Good thing I was driving. Their driving never mind their Facebook picture taking left a lot to be desired. Basically it was a good time out. However, I feel like I have been drinking because my head is all stuffed up. I think I am getting a sinus infection or just have sinus issues going on as I keep getting a tad lightheaded and seeing "stars." Donna passed out on my couch. I sat on the computer for a little while and then headed to bed.

I slept in this morning. Donna left around 10:00 am I was told. I stayed in bed way later than I should have. The girls went to Sunday School this morning. This afternoon it's been me trying to plan a little birthday party for Manny, order some invitations, catching up on this blog, making plans and lists for tomorrow and so on. Bill is out doing an errand or two. Soon it will be dinner followed by a bath and bedtime. I can barely wait. I love having the kids around. However, some days it is rather frustrating. I can't keep them busy 24/7 and it's frustrating. Ping has been using a new Usborne book I won the other night, so she has been more than busy for over the last hour or so. Yamira just can't stop flitting from one thing to the next. Manny had to be put in his "cage" so he would stop his running and banging. That is all he has done all day. This helps to settle him down. He is way too old for it, but it works.

Well off to post this weeks photos!

Have a wonderful week my friends.

Mama Out!!!!!!


Bobby-Jo, Brooke, Ping.

Donna and Yamira.


The group.

After living it up. Too funny

No comments: