Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Can not concentrate for the life of me

All I seem to do is jump from one thing to another.Not sure why. Frustrating as all hell.  I wanted to update here, I am in the middle of correcting a letter I need to send and I need to make some phone calls and do a little organizing. I can't decide what to do first, so instead I bounce around and get none of it down. Time to buckle down and get some stuff done. Maybe by the end of today, I can say I have accomplished something other than errands outside the house.

So what has the Cummings and Nicholson clan been up to for the last week or so? Seems like everything and nothing all at the same time. We have been keeping busy, but not much to show for it.  That is frustrating to me, but it's called life I suppose.

I left off last Saturday. On Sunday, I took Ping to Harvard for a Daisy picnic. We had a nice time. I picked up Ping's friend and fellow Daisy Molly in Worcester and then the three of us headed off to a camp where Girl Scouts were invited for a few hours. We met the rest of the troop, had a hamburger and chips and then went to make bubbles.  Some field games followed and then s'mores and a sing along followed! We had a nice time and it was gorgeous out.  I then drove Molly home and Shayla and I headed home.  The rest of the day was spent doing a few things around the house, baths, books and bed.

On Monday, I had breakfast with a good friend of mine.  I didn't like breakfast at all as they messed up the order something terribly. However, I didn't care. I was there to chat with a friend and that is all that was important. It was rushed, but it was good to see her regardless. The rest of the day was spent doing a little organizing around the house. There is so much to clean, organize, ditch and Freecycle.  That evening Ping didn't have Daisies, but Bill went to the town meeting because he was being recognized as being on the fire department for 15 years. So I read to the kids and put them to bed.

On Tuesday, I volunteered at the front desk at school. I then headed to Brighams to meet with the doctor and dietician that oversees my TPN. It was a quick meeting. My Albumin has dipped from 3.2 to 2.9 and they thought I had a little third spacing going on. I could not agree more.  My legs are full of fluid again.  I headed home so that I could pick up Shayla from school at 3:00 pm. She and I then drove in the pouring rain over to the Sterling Animal Shelter to meet her fellow Daisies. We were there to donate recycled newspapers and to have a tour. That went well. We then went home and had dinner, read books and went to bed. During the day, Bill was here for the men who came to install the new TV system.  It's a nice looking TV.  I have yet to be in that room and it's been over a week since we have had it. Just no time.  Anyway, it was nice that he was home so that the men could be here.

Wednesday was Manny's birthday party at the church.  I booked the church basement for Manny's party this year. It was from 4pm-6pm.  I spent most of the day at home doing a few things and getting ready for the party. At 3 pm, I went to the church and got everything ready. Bill grabbed Shayla and then joined me. We hung up a few decorations, put out the coloring packets and the crafts. Filled up the snack bowls and waited for our friends. The cheapest and easiest party ever. I am really done with doing huge and expensive parties. It has grown so out of control. I just can't do it for three kids. So from now on, parties are going to be small and enjoyed by just a few kids at a time. Ping wants to go to Applebees for lunch or dinner for her birthday, so we may just invite a few kids for that.  We shall see.

Manny got some great books. I asked people to forgo gifts and just bring a favorite book if they wanted to bring something. So Manny got some great books, two Toy Story toys, a shirt, an outfit and a Doodlepro.  He was thrilled. He also got a stuffed bear and a stuffed monkey. The kids played musical chairs, we had cake and then we cleaned up and came home for a quick dinner and then bed.

On Thursday, I had another appointment with a Brigham's doctor. This one was my new primary care. She was very nice.  I then went to Waltham to pick up some of my favorite wings that I have not had in years. I then headed on back down the highway to home.  The rest of the night was spent doing some stuff in the house and feeding the kids their dinner.  I was exhausted from driving around all day.

Friday was a great day. I had lunch at a friend's house. I have not seen her in some time, so it was really nice to be able to sit and visit with her and her sons. Her oldest two were away for the weekend. I then headed home and did some cleaning around the house.  That night I went with another friend to a reflexology appointment. It was heaven.  My feet loved it. It was nice to be out even though it was barely over an hour. I then came home as Bill was on call at 10 pm.

On Saturday, we had three sets of plans. One was cancelled and I cancelled the other plans because it was too close to when Bill and I had plans.  Bill and I had dinner out with another couple.  We had an excellent babysitter here for a few hours. We went to Kyoto Japan and had a great time. Lots of laughs. Bill and I shared a dish and we each got a great appetizer.  It was nice to be out with other adults.

On Sunday, the kids went to Sunday School while I showered. I had a baby shower to attend. My friend Maura is due soon. I drove to Norwood for 1pm and proceeded to sit outside in the most gorgeous weather and enjoy Maura opening her gifts. It was a small shower. It was perfect. I actually got a chance to chat with people.  The pollen was gross though. It was all over us.  I then did a few errands on the way home. I was home in time to read the kids a book and tuck them into bed.

Monday was Memorial Day. We got up early and Bill headed off to walk in the first part of the memorial/parade. The three kids and me joined at the second cemetery which is where we always join them. Ping and Daddy marched in the parade and decorated the graves there. I then took Shayla up town and dropped her off with the rest of the Daisies that were marching in the parade through town.  Yamira, Manny and I put our little seats out and sat and waited for the parade to start. Our friend Ashly and her two girls joined us.  After the parade, Daddy went to have a beer at the legion and I took the kids home.  I tried to eat a little something as I was starved.  I must have eaten too fast. I got sick and had to lay down. When Bill came home, he showered and then we headed to Ayi Meri's house for burgers.  We sat in the sun and watched the kids play. We had a great time. Before I knew it, we had to go home for baths. The day went too fast.

On Tuesday, the kids returned to school and I headed out to lunch with my friend Lisa. We met at Wholly Canolli. I had never been there before. The place was freezing cold and so I had to wear a jacket. I looked like a jerk as it was 82 degrees out. It was so bright in there, I had to wear my sunglasses too.  We had a great lunch though. It wasn't long enough by any means, but it was nice to catch up. I will say that I was pretty disgusted as was Lisa with a fellow diner who thought that not wearing shoes into the place was okay. Then she crossed her feet right in front of us. I thought we were both going to vomit. It was disgusting and unsanitary. Should never have been allowed, but not sure anyone saw but us!  I then headed off to Millbury to do a few errands and then home.  At 4:00 pm we had a painter come by and give an estimate.  The rest of the evening was spent having dinner and reading books. I actually sat down fairly early to try and watch TV and I passed out!!!!

Today was a decent day. I had a dentist appointment.  I then did a few errands and picked up Shayla and her friend Hannah from school. I am watching Hannah while her parents do some stuff this week. The girls came home and did some homework and had a snack. They then went for a walk over to the cemetery with Bill to check on the flowers. Hannah just left. It's time to feed the kids and get the backpacks filled for tomorrow. Then I will put them to bed as Bill heads out to the fire department for training.

I hope you had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend and a great week ahead. It's a short week!  Before we know it, the kids will be out of school!!!!

Mama Out!!!!!

Daisies in Harvard

Sterling Animal Shelter

Maura and Patrick.

No comments: