Wednesday, June 6, 2012

3 am and I am here instead of bed

I got off the chair to head to bed and stopped in here. Oops. I will definitely be kicking myself in the morning for not going straight upstairs to bed.  Well in the meantime, I am here, so I might as well update!

It has been quite a week since I was here last. I stopped in last Wednesday and caught the blog all up to date.  Since then it seems like so much has happened.

I started the morning off with a doctors appointment. I had to see my neurologist for my head. I got a new medication. He said to give it a try to see if it helps at all. I have yet to try it and it's been a week. Better get on that.  Thursday afternoon was Kindergarten Orientation for Yamira. So I went to the library to listen to what I could expect for the coming year.  Yamira got to go to one of the classrooms to meet the teachers and then on a bus ride. She had a great time.  Once we left there, we headed out to do a few errands and then we headed home for lunch. We spent the rest of the afternoon at home. I picked up Ping and Hannah at 3:00 pm. Hannah is coming to our house for a few days while her parents are busy doing some things that need to be done.  I took Hannah to her dancing class in Boylston for 4:00 pm. I then went home and picked up Ping and brought them to Hannah's house to play for a short while. Once Hannah's parents got home, we headed home for dinner, books and bed.

On Friday, I dismissed Yamira at 9:30 am for a Kindergarten social which was fun for her. I met some of the Mom's on the playground and chatted for a bit. I then took Yamira back to her classroom and headed home to get a few things done.  Bill picked up the two kids at 11:00 am.  I then headed to the school field for 12:30 pm because Ping had Field Day.  I stayed and watched her for nearly two hours. I skipped out just a little early so I could go home and eat something before turning around and picking up Ping and Hannah. I loaded Manny and Yamira in the car at 3:00 pm and off we went to get the girls. I parked the car and walked over to the playground for a play date with a woman I met from the BBC church here in town. I met with Kris, her husband and her daughter. The kids had a good time playing. It had gotten cold, so after an hour and a half, we headed home. That and the fact is that I wanted Hannah to be home for when her parents came to get her.  Once Hannah left, I did a few things around the house and then we headed out to Ruby Tuesdays for dinner with Ayi Meri, Uncle Joe and the boys. We had a nice time.

On Saturday we had a ton of plans, but they got cancelled for the most part. We had an appointment at 3:00 pm and 4:00 pm.  They were outside appointments and since we had torrential downpours, I cancelled the appointments. They were more than happy to not come.  At 5:00 pm our new babysitter came to watch the kids for the third time in a matter of weeks. We had dinner plans with Sarah and Brad in Concord. So we left at 5:20 pm to head to dinner. We got onto Route 2 and the rain was horrendous. The car got sucked in by the water on the side of the road on the left hand side. Bill was just about to change lanes, when we got sucked in by the water again, also known as hydroplaning. We went to the left, went to the right and hit the guard rail straight on.  It was awful. We did finally end up turned around and back in the left hand lane. At that point, Bill got the car to limp over to the right hand break down lane. Bill jumps out of the car as do two men in an Explorer in front of us. The same thing happened to them. They drove off after a few minutes.  We sat there stunned and shaken and sore.  We called 911 and AAA.  I called Sarah and canceled our dinner plans.  Sarah and Brad chose to meet us to give us a ride home, so after we met with the police and the police tow showed up to take the Envoy, we jumped in the tow truck and met Sarah and Brad right off the highway.  We canceled AAA because the officer had called a tow truck in.  I took a few photos once I jumped out of the tow truck and we jumped into the car with Sarah and Brad. We then went to dinner. We were going to go to Concord, but our reservations were canceled and so we went to O'Connors in West Boylston. After dinner, we went home and spoke with the babysitter about our interesting night. I was really sad. I was mad. I was shaken and anxious. Yes I am very glad we are okay and alive. However, the financial aftermath is horrendous and upsetting.  What a night.

On Sunday, we woke up a little sore, but not bad.  Bill took the kids to Sunday School and then headed off to get our car seats. I picked up the kids from Sunday School. We came home and had lunch. We then headed off to pick up our rental van.  Once home, the two little ones napped and then they all showered.  I then started doing some cleaning and Bill and Ping went to a Tornadoes game. They had a great time.  Once home, I read them all a book and off to bed they went.

On Monday, I had to get up super duper early. I had to be in Peabody for 9:00 am. That is nearly a two hour ride in pouring rain on a Monday morning. It was a miserable drive. I was there 8 minutes late. Not bad considering the two hours and bumper to bumper traffic that I had to fight to get there. I spent hours there. They finally settled on an amount. I never even had to share my side of the story. I won my deductible back. Yay!  I was thrilled. Made the drive worth it. Sadly I lose my deductible due to the accident on Saturday, so it was bittersweet to say the least.  Once I left Peabody, I stopped at Macy's at the North Shore Mall to return something. I then went to Chuck E. Cheese to get a diet lemonade. There I saw my uncle and aunt who I haven't seen in years. I do not speak to them. I had no desire to speak to them. I am not sure who they were with. I am thinking their great grandchildren?  There were two little girls with them. I could stare at them and they had no idea who I was.  Nobody recognizes me at this size.  Nice!  I then headed home.  Hannah and Ping came home shortly after and the two youngest woke up, so they all played. After a quick dinner, Hannah went home and we took Ping to her final Daisy event which was a ceremony to get a few badges. It was nice.  Then we headed home and I read them a book and tucked them in for bed.

Today I woke up in pain on the chair. This is the worst my side has hurt. Not sure why. Maybe the way I slept? I have barely slept in my bed since leaving the hospital. Not sure why.  I got up and cleaned the house and showered. I then headed out the door to meet my friend Marghrit at Nu Cafe for a quick and cheap lunch. She was thrilled with her selection. I had a blt and ate the entire thing. First time ever. I did great. I also had spoken with the dietician during the day and my Albumin is up to 3.4 which is excellent.  On the way home, Bill called to tell me the truck had been totaled.  That was upsetting. I then headed to get Ping from school and headed home. We spent the rest of the day at home. I had a 5:00 pm appointment here at the house. Bill hit Walmart for a few things. We had dinner and then it was off to bed. I cleaned two toy closets. That felt great as they have been bugging me for forever. I then put my TPN on and did a few things at the computer. Then I decided to sit down to watch some TV. I promptly fell asleep. Now I am awake. Clearly as I am here updating. It's 3:30 am almost, so I am going to post a picture or two or three and head off to bed. Must get up early.

This weather stinks something awful. I hope to see some sun in the morning.  Hope you are having a great week my friends.

Mama Out!!!!!!!

Yamira bus ride
Field Day
Truck damage
Tornado time
Ending ceremony for Daisies
Dress up

1 comment:

Heather H. said...

Hi Jill. So sorry to hear about your accident. That must have been so scary! I'm glad you and your husband are all right.

I'm so happy to hear you are eating better again!

Wishing you all the best!