Sunday, March 24, 2013

To Continue or Not to Continue

It really doesn't seem like people are blogging anymore. They are too busy Facebooking or Tweeting.  Blogs  just don't seem to be discussed as much. So many people have started one and then walked away. That isn't my style. I toy with the idea of closing down the blog after getting it printed into a book. Not that I would even look at it again, but I would want it printed just the same.  It has really been more of an account as to how I spend my days with my family. It isn't really about sharing my opinions on anything anymore. Not that I can't, but would people really care? Time is so precious. Who has the time to read blogs anymore when there are things to read like "50 Shades!"  Oh that was so yesterday too!  Anyway, for now I am here to catch up. I will eventually have to make some sort of decision as to whether I should continue to write or not.  I started this blog about five years ago. Hard to believe.

So the last time I was here, it was March 5th.  We are now in the last week of March. What a month it has been. It has been an incredibly snowy month.  I am so sick of the snow, it is not even funny! Everyone seems to be sick of it. Sure a snow day is fun, but going to school in July is not. So we don't want any more snow days!

It has been a good month. It has been busy, but not as bad as some other months have been. I am really trying hard to stay home more so that I can concentrate on doing things at home. One of my main goals is to clean out this house. I just don't want so much stuff in my life. This isn't an easy task because some things are brand new and have never been used. Some are sentimental, but have no desire to display anymore, some stuff belonged to my parents who I adored, but don't need the stuff.  I really want to go through my three attics. Box by box and just toss the stuff. All the old books I kept from when I was a child.  I wanted to keep and pass on, but they smell so moldy.  Old dolls that I thought I would want to keep, but probably don't need to as none of my kids are doll people. They are more stuffed animal people.  This task will take longer than a year for sure. Unfortunately, there is house cleaning, kid watching, appointment attending, business phone calls and a whole lot of other things that get in the way of what I want to do. So I have to factor that in.

Anyway, since being here last we have done plenty.  On Wednesday the 6th, Bill and I went to see Yamira's therapist to discuss a new route for therapy. That went well.  Then at noon we took Sasha to the vets to get a check up. She occasionally has bathroom issues.  Then Bill had an appointment at Quinsig while I took Manny home to have a nap and then to get Yamira at 3:00 pm and Ping at 4:30 pm. Ping had an afternoon school special. She is taking a cartoon class.

On Thursday, Bill had school so I dropped the kids off and went for a walk. I picked up Manny at 11:00 am and went to Olive Garden for lunch with Ashly and Rebecca. We had a great time. The kids had a ball. Manny played with Noah and Teresa.  That afternoon it started to snow.  Ping and I braved the snow though because she had a cavity and needed a filling. That was fun. Just kidding!  She went with no Novacaine. She is so my kid!

On Friday, Bill dropped the kids off. I picked up Manny at 11:00 am and took him to therapy. We then went home and spent the rest of the day there.  Then the girls came home at 3:00 pm.

On Saturday, Bill and I took the kids to the Girl Scout Headquarters in Worcester for a little open house and then to Hebert's Candy Mansion to have a picture taken with the Easter Bunny. We then went to Michaels for me to grab something and headed for home. We fed the kids and put Manny and Yamira in for a nap. Ping played outside in the snow.

On Sunday, I took the kids to Sunday School because Bill worked from 6:00 am till 6:00 pm. So it was all hands on deck for Mama.  I took the kids to Ping's softball clinic right after Sunday School and then to Noah's birthday party in the afternoon at The Little Gym. They had a ball.  Then it was time for dinner, shower and bed!  It was a busy day.

Bill dropped the kids off at school on Monday. I stayed home and slept. When I got up I cleaned and did a few things at home. Bill grabbed the girls at 3:00 pm and headed off to school. I did homework with the girls and then I fed them and dropped Ping off at Brownies.

On Tuesday, Bill went to school and I dropped off the kids.  I believe I then went for a walk, but I can't be sure. How terrible is that. I don't remember what I did that day. I had nothing scheduled so I probably did errands and stuff at home. I love it when I don't have things scheduled, but it is hard to remember what I do on those days.  I know it isn't sleeping, watching TV and reading. Sounds nice though, right?

Wednesday Bill dropped the kids off and I slept in.  Bill had an appointment in the afternoon with his adviser at school That was a very long appointment.  I had to get Yamira at 3:00 pm and Ping at 4:30 pm because she had cartooning that day. Then it was homework, dinner and bed.

Thursday was a busy day. The kids had a 1/2 day. I dropped them off and did a bunch of errands. I picked them up at 11:30 am and headed to our friend Katie's house for a play date. We had a nice time. Bill came after school and picked up Shayla as she has a Brownie event at the local nursing home. I picked her up at 3:00 pm and then we headed home. I dropped off Manny and Ping and then headed back out with Yamira to therapy.  It was good to get home after all of the days activities.

On Friday, Bill took the kids to school and I got up and showered and cleaned the house. Our friend Maura came over with her handsome little guy for a visit. We hung out and had lunch. It was a nice time.  It was great to see her and Liam. Such a cutie pie he is.  The girls were sad they missed the visit. However, they are in school all day, so it happens.

Saturday was another busy day. Bill worked from 6:00 am to 6:00 pm. Shayla had a Brownie event at Higgins Armory.  So I dropped her off there for 10:00 am. I then headed home with Manny and Yamira. We headed back out to pick up Ping from Burger King at 12:30 pm.  We spent the rest of the day at home. Manny and Yamira were tired and wanted their naps. Ping entertained herself with playing outside and doing some crafts inside. The kids begged me to take them to the spaghetti supper next door at the church. They have one every single month on a Saturday night. I caved and took them. Bill was going to meet us there. He walked in at 6:10 pm and walked back out at 6:13 pm because he had a call and he was working from 6:00 pm till 10:00 pm.  So I took the kids home after they finished eating and tucked them into bed after we read a few stories.

On Sunday, Bill took them to Sunday School and then we took Ping to her softball clinic.  We spent the rest of the day at home.  Bill was on call from 6:00 pm till 10:00 pm that night.  He was then on from 10:00 pm till 6:00 am as this was his week to be on call. He also started his school vacation this week.

Monday Bill took the kids to school. I slept in.  What a waste of space I was. I did get up and do stuff. I love to sleep, but hate wasting my daylight hours.  I always make up for it late into the night though. Like right now it is 1:00 am!  I do my best work at night.  I am more awake in the evening. We helped the kids do their homework and then Bill took Ping to Brownies and picked her up an hour later because I actually was in the middle of a project. That is one of the hardest things around here. It is hard to start a project because I always have to stop to pick up Manny. Then I am busy with him and then I have to get the girls. There are too many hours to do nothing, but not enough hours to do a lengthy project.

On Tuesday, we all slept in as there was no school. It was a snow day! We spent the day at home until the later part of the afternoon when I ventured out for some errands alone.

On Wednesday, Bill dropped the kids off at school and I slept in. Are you seeing a pattern here? I was going to get up and take the kids, but Bill had a call in the middle of the night and I couldn't get back to sleep. So when the alarm went off, I just couldn't move!  I did get up and meet my friend Kirsten for breakfast. That was fantastic. We both had time to chat without interruption  Neither of us had to get the kids right away, so we could leisurely chat. A gift!  After breakfast, I headed home so that Bill could get to his physical at his doctors.  I then picked up Yamira at 3:00 pm and Ping at 4:30 pm again. It was her last day of cartooning. Bill came home, but headed right back out because he had fire department training at 6:30 pm. So I fed the kids and tucked them in for the night.

On Thursday, I slept and Bill took the kids to school.  Again, there was a call so when the alarm went off, I couldn't move. I am the one that wakes up when the tones go off. I am the one that has to wake the man who can sleep through anything.  So I wake up to wake him up and then I listen to the scanner. I listen that they are leaving, that they have arrived and then when they are heading to the hospital. Then they say they are leaving again and when they are checking in at the station.  I should be able to sleep, but I often can't nowadays! Frustrating.  In the afternoon, Bill had an appointment. He was gone for hours. I got the girls at 3:00 pm and then it was homework time.  I dread homework. I know that is awful, but I do.

On Friday, Bill took the kids to school. I got up and at 11:00 am, I picked Manny up and took him to therapy. Bill took Sasha for her hair cut at Petco. Manny and I did a whole bunch of errands before heading home. We spent the rest of the day at home with the exception of picking up the girls at 3:00 pm.

Saturday was a really busy day. We started the day off with an Easter Egg Hunt at the elementary school playground. Then we dropped Ping off to take a class on drawing dragons. We picked her up an hour later and went to Westborough to the Chapel on the Hill church where we go every year. The kids hunted for eggs, bounced in the bouncy house, had lunch and cotton candy. We then headed home. Manny and Yamira took a nap while Ping watched some TV.  Bill and I then got ready around 5:00 pm for a night out with our friends.  We went to the International Country Club in Bolton for dinner. We had a great time.  The kids were great for the babysitter we were told, so we were thrilled about that.  Mind you the next day Ping told us that Manny wasn't all that great!

Today Bill took the kids to Sunday School even though again in the middle of the night was a call. I got up and got ready to go to Ping's softball clinic. We all went there and then headed home for dinner. I spent the day doing a few things at home. My friend Ashly then dropped off her girls for us to babysit while she attended a wake. The kids had a great time playing. It was then dinner, shower and bed. While the kids showered, I cleaned the grout in our master bathroom. Bill thought it was an insane idea as it is already so clean, but I wanted to do it.  I could totally see the difference. It was worth doing.  The kids were funny. They all offered to help. They all said they thought it was an awful job and that Daddy should do it for me.  It was sweet. Yamira said I was like Cinderella.  Just no ballgown showed up.  After cleaning, I came downstairs and the tones went off for an awful accident in town. Bill headed off to that and was gone for almost three hours while I watched some TVs, responded to some emails and caught up here!  Well it is now well after 1:00 am, so I am signing off. I am tired and have a cold. So it is off to bed I go.

Hope you enjoyed your March. Happy Easter. Happy Passover.

Mama Out!!!!!


Yamira in the snow
Manny at lunch

Ashly and Teresa

Me and Manny

Bunny time

Easter at Heberts

Birthday party

Birthday party

Town egg hunt.

Cool dragon drawn by Ping

TV time

No comments: