Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day

We are so lucky we can work around our yard, do errands, work in the home, watch a movie and more because there have been many sacrifices made by the men and women in our military. We are most grateful for them.

We are home after a busy morning. We had have a good couple of days here. Saturday I had plans to go and visit one of my favorite couples, Sarah and Brad. They have opened a new shop in Walpole. It's beautiful. They have put so much time and effort into every detail and I love seeing it come to fruition. I went alone. Not the best place for thee kids to hang out in. Daddy had the three for only a short time because Ping had a 1:00 pm birthday party. She had a blast. It was for a school mate. Yamira and Manny took a nap and Dad did a few things around the house. He then went to get Ping and had the kids watch a movie. He fed them and put the two little ones to bed. I came home shortly after. I knew Ping would be awake. I ran upstairs to give the little ones a kiss as I had a feeling they were still awake. Sure enough they were. Shortly after, Ping went to bed and I sat down to watch a movie and did my nails. I had a fabulous day at the shop. I didn't do much. I got to talk to a few of the customers as they came in, helped wrap a few items, etc. It was well under control, but I wanted to stay as it was so nice to see the bevy of activity. The shop is being so well received. I can't wait to watch it continue to flourish.

On Sunday, we had a birthday party for Matthew who is a school mate of Yamira's. It was gorgeous out. It was so nice to sit in the back yard and just chat with Rebecca, Ding, Bridget and Ashly. The kids ran around and had a glorious time. It was a small party and it was so nice. There wasn't all that craziness that often you find at parties. Nice amount of sun and shade. Just perfect. Forced me to slow down and just enjoy the company of others. We then ran to Target for the essentials. I ran in while Bill sat in the car with the munchkins.

Today was okay. It was very rainy this morning, so they cancelled the Oakdale cemetery ceremony. That was really disappointing for me as that is where my parents are. However, the kids and I walked over anyway. I took a few pictures and we spoke with our wonderful neighbors. We then jumped in the car and headed up to the high school because the parade was cancelled in the center of town. I was so disappointed about that as well. I love sitting on the side and watching the fire fighters, the police and the veterans and troops walk by. This was the first year that Daddy would be walking in the color guard and Ping would be walking as a Daisy. They did walk into the auditorium, but that isn't the same. We went and I sat with Ashly and her kids and Manny and Yamira. The four little ones were a tad loud, so we had to leave the auditorium. I then took the kids to Bobs to get Ping a pair of good sneakers. I had a coupon and I never use coupons. However, I was determined to use this one. Do not ask me why. So we went there and then to the car wash. The kids love going through the car wash. I used to love going with my parents. It's so fun. Not sure why, but it is. Then home and lunch. Now the little ones are sleeping, Ping is playing outside, Daddy is cleaning and I am uploading photos and doing a few other things like updating here.

Well Happy Memorial Day folks. Hope you are enjoying your long weekend. Summer is here!

Mama Out!!!!!!!

Me in jeans. It's only been years.

Me again.

Tea bread anyone?

Tea.

Bleeding hearts.

Tea cups and more.

Brad at the helm.

Tea cups.

Sign.

Scone mixes.

Matthew eating cake.

Is this a Chinese thing? LOL.

Relaxing.

Rebecca and Ping in the rain.

Cake.

My parents stone.

Back of the stone.

Daddy and cherubs.

Getting ready to march.

My Daisy.

Daddy.

Brownies and Daisies.

No comments: