Sunday, January 16, 2011

So the Pats are playing. I don't give a fig though!

I am so not a sports fan. Bill is watching the game on the kitchen TV and the kids are watching Lion King in the living room. Of course I have been displaced, but I am very used to that. What better time than now to catch up on my blog? Most people are watching a football game somewhere, but not me. Frankly, I hate all sports. I find the players to be very overpaid. What is spent on them could rescue a third world country for Pete's sake. Anyway, that isn't a popular stance with most, but it is what it is!

So let me see here. What did we do this week?

On Tuesday, I dropped the girls off and went to swim class. Other than that, it was a lot of running around doing errands. After getting Ping from school in the afternoon, we took the girls to their ice skating class. We then took Ping to get a hair cut. She was the only one that needed it. Bill hung out with the other two in the car and I ran Ping in. Came out cute. Then it was home for dinner and a bath.

On Wednesday, we had a huge storm. We got two feet of snow. So school was canceled as was gymnastics. I slept in. That isn't even a fair statement. I slept in like for forever. Bill got up and got the driveway into good shape. He also let the kids play outside while he used the snow blower. I was supposed to help out in Ping's classroom, but I didn't have to due to no school.

On Thursday, I took the girls to school and headed to swim class. I was then going to take Yamira to a play date, but due to having a broken printer, I needed to go to Staples to purchase a new one. That and because we lost Wednesday due to snow, I had more things I had to do. So we didn't do the play date. I was really looking forward to it, but also really needed the printer desperately! After getting a few more errands done, we spent the rest of the day at home!

On Friday, I had a 12:00 pm appointment for a facial, mani and pedi. Bill took Yamira to therapy so I could make my appointment. Back in September or October, I found a coupon that was $100 worth of services for $50. So I thought I would try it. So I spent the day at the salon. The facial was fantastic. The mani and pedi were truly horrible. Worst I have ever had. I hate to say that, but it's the honest truth. I had to soak my feet in a tub! Then she painted my toes by having me put my foot on her leg. She took her time and she was nice enough, but she doesn't enjoy giving mani and pedis and it showed! Well the pampering was nice anyway, so I can't complain. I will go back for a facial only. Before I knew it, late afternoon had come and so we all just stayed in. We had a busy weekend coming up and so I wanted to make sure the kids got into bed at a decent time. I try to really get them to bed on time every single night anyway.

On Saturday, I got up and ran to the post office, the bank and Walmart. When I got home, my great friend Anita was at the house. While she watched the kids for a few minutes, Bill and I dropped his car off at the mechanic. He is having four wheel drive issues. Once back at the ranch, we all jumped into the car and went to Grafton for a sleigh ride. It was cold out! What can I say though? If you want a sleigh ride, you must brave the elements. We had a nice time, but the ride was a little pricey for a short trip around a small field. I was a little disappointed that the ride was so short. However, you never know how something is going to be if you don't try it, right? Once we all had our turn, we headed home. While Bill cooked dinner for all of us, Ayi Anita made a gingerbread house with the kids. She gave it to them as one of her Christmas presents. The stipulation was that she had to make it with the kids. The stipulation was from me. She has never made one before and for those of you that have, you know it can be a difficult process. However, Ayi Anita let them put everything everywhere. Bill and I would have stuck to the instructions and the picture. That makes us the bad guys I suppose. Ayi was so much more relaxed than we have been in the past. No surprise there!

After I cleaned up the mess, we sat down to dinner. We then put the kids to bed and Anita and I watched a movie. Not a good movie either. It was a little confusing to both of us. It was so nice to spend some time with Anita regardless. That is all that counts!

Today we got up early and dropped the kids off at a licensed home daycare, so that Bill and I could go to F1 in Braintree. The car ride was so quiet all the way there. I almost didn't know what to do with myself!!!! We had a great time at F1. We did a go cart race and then we had lunch. I didn't feel like eating, but Bill was happy with his sandwich. We then did another race. Once the race was over, we headed to Mekong supermarket in Worcester to get some things for Ping and then we picked up the kids. They are now watching Lion King while Daddy is cooking. In a few minutes, they will eat and hit the bathtub. They love having a bath.

Tomorrow is Martin Luther King day, so the kids have the day off. We do not have plans as we only have one car at this time. Might not be a bad idea to stay inside and do some things. The kids prefer to be out, but I have plenty of things I can do right here!

Well off to post some pictures. Have a wonderful week.

Mama Out!!!!!!!

Ping at DCU free skate.

Ping at free skate.

My handsome froggy.

My cute Zebra.

My funny monkey.

Me and my bud.

Us on our ride.

Cozy.

Making the house.

Enjoying.

Any color will do.

Sophie.

Ping coming down for water and plopping herself.

Sasha.

Neesha on the black snow pants.

Go carting.

Ready to rumble.

Let's go.

Track.

Track.

Nice cart.

F1 building.

No comments: