Saturday, February 23, 2008

Hello from China!

I can't view the blog, so I hope it comes out okay.

We arrived in Beijing and checked in. We went out to dinner with another family. We then went to bed on the hardest bed in the world.

Next day we went to breakfast and then to Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City. Then we had lunch at the Cloisonne Factory and shopped in the Friendship Store. Then we headed on to the Great Wall. Today I can barely walk!

We flew out this morning for Taiyuan, Shayla's province. We will be picking her up tomorrow at 10:30 am. Today we went for a great lunch and now we are in the internet cafe.

We are leaving in a few. Just wanted to check in to say hello.

Will check in again! xoxo

11 comments:

OVPI News said...

YAY! Great to hear from you in China! We are so excited and thrilled! Post again soon :)

xoxo
Sarah and Brad

mskajlc said...

Hi Guys!!! Im glad you made it safe and sound, how is the food? Have you eaten more than just plain white rice???
Cant wait to see pics of you and Shayla!!

JennyT said...

Jill, my heart skipped a beat when I saw your email! So excited for you guys! Keep us posted!!!

Lesley said...

I can't wait for your next post! Very long distance hugs to you!!

toni said...

oh my! my heart is racing with joy!!! YOU ARE IN CHINA!!! SHAYLA IS ONLY HOURS AWAY!!!!!

Christina said...

Thinking of you constantly! Best of luck tomorrow! :)

Hugs,
Christina

Valeri said...

Can't wait until your big day tomorrow!!!! I will be stalking your blog all day long!!!!

Julie said...

It's so amazing -- you are really there! After all the worrying you did, I'm wondering about your Great Wall experience. Waiting for that next post!

Marjorie said...

Yeah Jill! I can't believe that you are in China!! As you know we are all stalking the blog for any new piece of information. I can't wait until you have Shayla in your arms. It won't be long now!!

janeez2 said...

SOOO HAPPY TO HEAR NEWS FROM YOU & KNOW THAT YOU'VE ARRIVED SAFE & SOUND IN CHINA. ONLY HOURS AWAY NOW FROM GETTING LITTLE MISS SHAYLA! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE SOME UPDATES AND PIX! THE BERGERONS SEND YOU GOOD WISHES AND BLESSINGS!

OVPI News said...

The anticipation is killing us!!