Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve

I thought I would check in before scattering some presents around the tree and heading to bed. I couldn't remember the last time I wrote. It was Monday. We did go to LaSaltete that night. It was bitter cold, but we had a nice time anyway. We had dinner at Bliss and then headed home. I think it's the only Bliss still standing.

I didn't have internet or phone for all of Tuesday. To say I was upset is a complete understatement. I am not a fan of Charter. We lose service frequently and I think it's completely unacceptable. I wasn't home for most of the day, so I didn't notice it as much as I would have if I had been home. I went to Ping's school holiday party in the morning. In the afternoon, I took Ping to ice skating and then we all went to do some errands together. We got home late. Poor Ping, she has gone to bed late for the last couple of nights. She is exhausted.

On Wednesday, I picked up my friend Bobby Jo's beautiful daughter at Bobby Jo's work. Bobby Jo needed a sitter for a few hours and I was more than happy to do it. Brooke is a sweetie. We came back to the house and watched a little TV. I had a man come and check out heat in our bedroom. We need a motor for the damper. I had to leave him here so I could run and get Ping from school. I didn't tell Ping that I would have Brooke with me. Ping was so surprised, but she had a hard time placing Brooke because we have only seen Brooke at a playground or at her house! Brooke is very quiet and didn't say anything, so Ping says to me "Does she talk Mama?" It was pretty funny. I told Ping to give her a minute. What a difference between the two. Ping bursts into everything and Brooke is sweetly reserved. As I drove home, Ping said to me "Mama, can we keep Brooke?" I told her that Brooke had a Mommy and Daddy that loved her very much and that we could not keep her. It was so sweet. Broke my heart though. I know Ping wants a sister in the worst way. When I pulled into the driveway, Ping said "Mama, Brooke is really small." It was pretty funny. Ping is so tall. She is only a year older. So she thought Brooke was small. She is small. She is a beautiful little girl. I told Bobby Jo that I was afraid I was going to hip check her by accident!

The two girls played for a few hours and had an absolute ball. When I told Brooke that her Mommy was coming for her, Ping fell apart. She cried that she wanted a friend she could keep. I started to cry too. All we want is a sister for Ping. All Ping wants is a sister. She wants a brother too. We would be happy with two more. As I have said before, that is what I wanted for Christmas. It's not coming though. I need to adjust. It's just hard.

We had a great time having Brooke here. The two get along really great!!!! When Ping came out of school, she had Bear with her. Bear goes home with a child every weekend. He goes everywhere with the child, you read him a book and you journal about him daily. I told Ping's teacher I was going to get her for this. We don't have Bear for the weekend, but for the entire vacation!!!!!! So after I finish here, I will go and journal about Bear's fun times with Ping today.

Today I slept in a little. I went to the post office and bank, but both were closed. I came straight home. The traffic was terrible out there. Bill and Ping went to the dealership to see why our DVD wasn't working. It's fine now. It was just a button. I told Bill that was all it was.

We were in all afternoon doing stuff. Tonight we went to church for 7:00 pm. We were asked to be the Advent Candle Lighting family. So the three of us went up to the alter and while Ping and Bill lit the candles, I read. It was nice to be asked. After church, we came home and fed Ping. Bill then said he wanted Chinese food. Who eats Chinese food on Christmas Eve? We do I guess. Bill went out to get the food and when he returned we read "Twas the Night Before Christmas" and Ping fell asleep. Now Bill is asleep! I need to wake him and we have to get to bed before precious wakes up!!!!

Merry Christmas my friends.

Mama Out!!!!!


Ping and Julia hugging.

LaSalette Lights.

LaSalette Lights.

LaSalette Lights.

Donkey.

Julia and Ping.

La Salette Lights.

Merry Go Round.

Julia.

School holiday party.

School holiday party.

Singing.

Singing.

Singing.

Pin the nose on Santa.

Ping holding Brooke.

Ping and Brooke.

Ping with Bear dressed up in princess stuff.

Ping with Bear's box on Christmas Eve.

Bear and Ping at church.

Pastor Elizabeth reading Ping a story at church.

No comments: