Thursday, December 17, 2009

God it's chilly

We were going to go to LaSalette tonight to see the lights, but it was too cold for us to go. It supposedly is about 2 degrees out. All set!

It was fairly chilly out yesterday as well. We stayed in all afternoon. After I dropped off Ping, I went for a mammogram. Such fun! After I picked up Ping from school, we got gas for the car and then I ordered a pizza for us. It was pretty awful. I was disappointed as was Ping.

Today after picking up Ping, we went to Dunkin Donuts, CVS, the florist to get Bill's mom a beautiful kissing ball, the jewelry store and then to the post office. Running around was pretty brutal given the temps. We stayed in for the afternoon and snuggled.

Ping was so adorable this morning. She wakes up and is giving kisses to Daddy before he heads into the shower. Ping says "Mama, I think Daddy forgot to give you some kisses." That was of course very sweet, but she had better things to say. After Daddy went into the shower, Ping says to me "You and Daddy got merried (she doesn't say married) and then you danced and then you wanted a daughter so you went to China to get me?" It was really adorable. I told her it wasn't that easy and we had to wait a really long time for her. Ping asks me all the time about wanting a daughter. I tell her that she is the most precious daughter one could ever have.

After Daddy got dressed, he kissed Ping a million times and told her how much he loved her. Ping says "Daddy, no bumping cars, stop at the red light, go at the green light, drive slowly, don't drive too fast and be careful." She obviously has picked up on the fact that every day I tell Bill to drive carefully. This child is such a dream come true. Every day I look at her with amazement. I have never felt "blessed" in my life. Ever since she entered my life, I know what a true blessing is. She is so funny, so thoughtful and so loving.

Bill has asked me what I want for Christmas. Sadly, the only thing I want is another child. I don't know why it's been so hard for us to adopt. I can only hope that the wait will be worth it. Hopefully there is something more devine at hand. That there is a plan that I don't know about. If we didn't have all the bumps in the road the first time, Ping wouldn't be our daughter. So I am hoping that the reason for all the delays is because the most wonderful child is being made just for us.

I know it may sound silly to some, but adopting a second child is truly all I want. I don't need socks. I can buy socks. What do I really need at this stage in my life? My family and friends. That is all I need.

Goodnight.

Mama Out!!!!!

No comments: