Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Yamira's birthday party and other events.

On Sunday, the girls went to Sunday School. They said they had a nice time. It's only an hour long and it's really good for them to go. Gives them some sort of education on their religion. Ping really didn't have a religion when she came to us. We assume she lived with foster parents who were Catholic because we believe she had a Catholic medal on her when we met her. As for Manny and Yamira, I do not have any clue what religion they are. Needless to say, they will all be Protestant Methodist.

At noon, most people arrived for Yamira's party. We had a wonderful time. Yamira said she had a great time and I know that I sure did. There is nothing better than getting some of your best friends in one room together. I feel so blessed when I see my friends around me. Everyone ate the pizza and taco salad and then we moved on to cake and ice cream. I completely forgot to put out the big fruit bowl I bought. UGH. The only downside to parties is all the clean up afterward, but it's worth it to see all my friends and I loved watching Yamira light up with each gift she opened.

On Monday, I dropped off the girls at school and Manny at daycare. I headed off to swim. Once I grabbed Manny and Yamira, we drove to Burlington to meet some friends for lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. Before I knew it, I had to rush home and get Ping. We then came home. Bill had an EKG at the house for 5:00 pm for a new insurance policy. Around 7:00 pm or so, the phone rang. I assumed it was a telemarketer. It wasn't. It was Bill's brother Butchie who just got in from Virginia calling us to tell us that Bill's sister Patti passed away. We were in shock. She was 59 years old and apparently died of a heart attack. Butchie tried doing CPR on her, but it didn't work. Butchie happens to be here visiting his mom this week. I can't believe this all happened at the same time! We are still in shock.

On Tuesday, the girls had school, Manny had daycare and I went swimming. We didn't have anything to do in the afternoon until we picked up Ping. I took the girls to their ice skating lesson for 4:00 pm. They both had a great time. The rest of the evening was pretty uneventful.

Today has been a busy day. After picking up Yamira from school, the two youngest and I headed over to therapy for Manny. After a very quick nap, I picked up Ping and we headed over to gymnastics. The girls had a lot of fun. They love their gymnastics class. Manny isn't a fan sitting in his stroller, but what can I say? When he gets older, he will take classes in various things as well. I am currently waiting for Bill to come home. He did a quick errand after work. Once he gets home, we will serve the three dinner and get them off to bed at a reasonable time. The three of them seem to have little colds. Mostly Yamira and Manny. I am struggling with symptoms as well. My right nostril is achy, so my sinus is inflamed. Hopefully I can fight off these cold symptoms!

Well I will post some pics now and see you all soon.

Mama Out!!!!

Birthday girl.





Daddy with the cake!

Happy Yamira.

Uncle Joe, Ayi Meri and Ryan.

Loving friends Ayi Sarah and Uncle Brad.

Happy chick.

Opening a gift.

Looking at her gifts.

Trisha got Ping this awesome set since she missed Ping's party.

Trisha got this awesome truck for Manny.

Ayi Sarah and Uncle Brad got this awesome truck for Manny.

Chef Manny.

Ayi Marghrit and Uncle Berj with Noushig and Armig.

Julie with the chef.

Uncle Joe using Ayi Meri's walker.

Uncle Joe and Ayi Meri.

Manny and Ping.

Kids watching a show.

Ayi Donna.

Ayi Anita.

Ayi Anita and me.

Ayi Anita and me.

Emilie, Bobby Jo, Brooke and Autumn.

Uncle Brad and Ayi Sarah.

Thomas ready to drive.

Trisha, Thomas, Julie, Ping and Yamira.

Me, Mickey, Meg and Shiela with the kids at lunch.

No comments: