Saturday, November 13, 2010

I am not a fan of this time change!

I can't stand that it's not even 5:00 pm and it's pitch black out. It makes me feel like it's much later and it's not. So I think the kids are going to bed soon, but they aren't. Get my point?

We had a good week. The construction has started. It's scary to look at, but it has started and I am grateful for that. We have had people in and out for the last few days. It's so odd to have two rooms and a laundry room not available to us. We have a door closed up so we can not access the family room and a blue tarp over the kitchen window. I sort of feel like we are living in a cave!

Wednesday we had a gentleman here to give us a price on a propane tank. We are getting a gas fireplace for the new family room. Very excited about that. It's amazing how different some of these prices are. I didn't make it to swimming this day, so I felt very guilty. I was tired, so stayed in bed. Bill brought the girls to school. I took them in the afternoon to gymnastics. I spent some time in the cute gift shop they have there. I bought a few ornaments. It was nice not to have Yamira waving to me and ignoring the teacher every five minutes. She is so easily distracted. So it was good for both of us. We then took the kids to get new winter boots.

Thursday was Veterans Day, so we stayed home for the day. The first thing Ping did today was to look out of our bedroom window and say "Mom, why is there a toilet in our front yard." Too funny. The Porta John had clearly been dropped off. The men were here working all day and we had an appointment in the afternoon with our financial guru. He is a great guy. Very patient. Not easy for anyone to work with me since I glaze over when it comes to this stuff. I find it rather boring. How awful is that. It's important to have a 401k or and IRA, but I find it boring to discuss. Awful of me, I know! So he was here for a few hours. Bill had a dentist appointment in the evening and then he had to go to the Fire Dept., so I was on my on. I didn't get to swim this day either. I am feeling so guilty for not getting there two days in a row.

I got up on Friday morning, dropped off the girls and headed to swim. I couldn't let the guilt eat at me anymore than it already was. It's a great way to start the day, but some mornings I wake up and I am just tired! Mind you, if Bill was working, I would be there every day since I have to take the kids to school. Not that I am blaming Bill for being home, but he does provide an extra set of hands. After school I took Yamira to therapy and then we spent the rest of the day at home. Ping was funny today. She looked out the window in the kitchen and all she saw was a blue tarp. She says to me "I guess they must be putting that pool I wanted in the backyard."

Today was a fun day. Bill had to go to the Fire Dept. for the day, so he wasn't able to come to the Dumplings program we went to at 1:00 pm. We had a nice time. It's hard to manage the three in a classroom. The distraction for the two youngest is high, but one of the 14 year old girls sat with Yamira. Catherine is a beautiful 14 year old that I have gotten to know well. She has 2 Chinese sisters. Her mom actually is the contact person for the Dumplings. Catherine is a sweetie and is so very helpful. So I was grateful for the assistance. It's hard to contain all three in this room and to try to learn something at the same time. The girls made jewelry today and that was a lot of fun. They chose their beads and then made a necklace or a bracelet. I did one for Manny and Yamira didn't really get to do hers as she needed some help and I was doing Manny's. We then ran out of time. She can do it another day because I brought home the beads. They had their Chinese snacks and played with the girls and then we came home. At that point, Daddy was home. So Dad is now doing laundry and I am here catching up on things. Our washer is in my Mom's bathroom and our dryer is in our garage. Pain in the butt, but better than having to go to the laundry mat, no?

Well I must go poke around to see if I can find dinner for the young ones. Hope you are having a great weekend!

Mama Out!!!!!

Old laundry room.

Moving this out.

Windows going.

Where addition will be.

Our air conditioner was here!!!!

What can I get ya?

Dumpster.

Lovely blue tarp.

Free air conditioning.

Progress.

Ping and the funky do I gave her today.

Manny, the non-professional Lychee eater.

Silly girl.

Learning how to count.

Catherine and Yamira.

YuChen doing Ping's hair.

Catherine and Yamira.

Playing with the drum.

Blowing up a hot air balloon.

1 comment:

Heather H. said...

Hey Jill! Yeah, things look like they move a LOT faster with a crew working on them. Wow! Can't wait to see the final product.

I love the wonderful close-up shots of Ping. What a beautiful girl. And Yamira and Manny certainly are a couple of cuties, themselves.

I have my own opinion on the time change thing. I rather think we belong in Atlantic Time, at least where I live. But mostly I'd just like to do away with Daylight Saving Time. I just can't stand adjusting twice a year. It's hard on the brain and body.