Saturday, November 6, 2010

I have lost a week here

Phew, another week down. Where did it go? As usual, it was a busy one. There were never enough hours in the day this week.

On Sunday, we kept pretty quiet at home. I knew the kids would be wired to go trick or treating and they would quickly get tired, so staying at home seemed to be the thing to do. Donna and Nicole came over and we took the kids out. It was a very cold Halloween. Ping did awesome. She wanted to go and go and go. Yamira was cold and couldn't be bothered after a few houses. Manny could go and go too. It was a nice night out, but like I said, it was freezing and made most of us miserable!

On Monday, I had a 9:45 am meeting at Yamira's school. Yamira has been fully evaluated by professionals at her school. I wanted to see how she was doing cognitively, emotionally, physically, developmentally and so on. The meeting was excellent. She is doing great. She is pretty average and that is a good thing. The problems they did pick up on is the same ones that I have been saying for some time. The distraction, the sensory problems and the need for attention. She will be looked at again in the spring. However, I am pleased she is doing as well as she is.

Right after that meeting, I had a foster review meeting at noon in Worcester. That meeting went well also. I met with the kids social worker and another woman who helps to determine how things are going. She said she could see that I adored the kids and she saw no problem with us going forward with adopting. I was so pleased. After the meeting, I went home and then got Ping from school at 3:00 pm. Ping had Daisys at 6:00 pm, so I took her and then picked her up from her Daisys. I then went to the Greendale mall where I met my dear friend Kirsten and we went to Bath and Body Works and the to get a pedicure. We then sat in the car and chatted for over an hour. I had a wonderful time. Kirsten is a sweetie and I enjoy spending time with her.

On Tuesday, I had a very long meeting at my house with our financial planner. Since Bill has lost his position, we have had to make some changes. That and we are doing a big remodel, so we have had to discuss that. Before we knew it, hours had passed and we had to get Ping from school and then we had to get the girls over to their ice skating lessons. They were evaluated from their coaches, and they have to both repeat their classes. I was a little disappointed, but what can you do? They need to improve even further than they have. They did do great though.

Once home it was dinner and bed.

On Wednesday, I went swimming after dropping off the girls. I then had an appointment with the contractor. Then it was time to pick up Ping. Bill went to get Ping and then he took the girls to their gymnastics class so I could make some business calls. So much work goes along with this remodel job, it's incredible! I can't keep up and I don't work full time! However, I do work full time, don't I? I work longer days than most full timers do. I got a lot done while they were out. My friend Bobby-Jo then came by. It was great to see her. She came over to buy two bracelets for her niece. She left to attend a class and we fed the kids and got them off to bed.

Thursday brought a therapist appointment for Yamira right after school. Then that night I went to Fitchburg and met Bobby-Jo at the Courtyard hotel for some retail therapy. The only thing is that I bought nothing! We had a great time. It was a small ballroom full of vendors like Tastefully Simple, Tupperware, Lia Sophia and Dove Creations. They had hair people, wine, manicurists and a tarot card reader among other vendors. I spent money on a raffle and won nothing. Bobby-Jo won a DJ event, so she is having him for her adoption party this month. She did great, plus walked out with some fun purchases. We had a great time. It was so nice to get out.

Friday was probably the least busy day. We met the contractor first thing for some signatures and then I took the kids to school and went swimming. Manny went with Daddy and Sasha to get Sasha a hair cut. She looks like a little lion as always. So cute! I never let him take the cats without me, but I did. I can't help it, I am so protective of them, I need to be with them for anything they have to be out of the house for. It was raining and I was afraid that Bill watching Manny and Sasha would be too much, but they did great. I suffer from "If you want it done right, do it yourself" syndrome and to be honest, it's the truth. However, I can't be everything to everybody ever single day, so I decided that Daddy could do this alone. Awful I know, but I can't help it, they are my babies!!!! The rest of the day was spent at home. I took Ping out at 6:30 pm to meet my friend Kirsten and her two blond beauties at Gigueres where her oldest does Gymnastics. They were running the movie "Toy Story 3." So it seemed like a good time to get out alone with Ping and for her to see her good friend Molly. They had a great time. The movie was cute. By the time we got home and Ping got to bed it was 10:00 pm, but that is because Ping had to watch Pokemon which I had taped for her. I said no, but she was crying hysterically, so I let her watch it. Then she had to have whipped cream in her mouth! Daddy spoils this baby!

I passed out on the chair while watching TV and didn't sleep all night, so this morning I was wide awake when the beasts started running around. I didn't care because I had tons to do and wanted to get up anyway. So what did I do? I fell back to sleep and then woke up and then passed out and then woke up. It was awful. Needless to say, I got a later start to the day than I wanted to! We had a 4:00 pm birthday party at McDonalds in Auburn for Jillian's little guy J, so we headed out to that this afternoon. The kids had a blast. The smell was killing me. I wanted something to eat in the worst way, but I didn't dare eat anything for fear I would be sick. Now we are home and the kids are in bed. I am going to go watch a movie on Hallmark and probably have a good cry! Tomorrow we have things to do around here.

Hope all is well. Have a great weekend.

Mama Out!!!!!!!

Halloween beauties.

Halloween love.

Our dragon.

Our fabulous neighbors Heidi and Anna.

Donna and the dragon.

Donna, Nicole and crew.

Daddy and Yamira.


JJ's hat.

In the bubble.

Sliding fun.




Yamira taking flight.

JJ blowing his horn.


Jillian and JJ.

Silly family.

Ready for dinner?

Our crazy crew.

Present time.



Yamira and her loot.

No comments: