Monday, November 29, 2010

Another week in review!

The question is, what did we do?

Well the first thing I should mention is that I was sick. Sick with god knows what! I felt like I had a cold coming on. You know when you get that dizzy head feeling? Like something is brewing and it's not the Keurig? That hit hard on Thursday. Lucky me. Great for when you are having some company over for Thanksgiving.

In addition to the cold thing, I had been throwing up for a few days. It continued on Thanksgiving and a few days after. I am not sure if it was a stomach bug or if it was withdrawal from medication or something else. Needless to say, it was less than pleasant. I was throwing up after every meal!

So now let me think what we did. Monday I didn't get out of bed. I mean I did, but god knows what hour that was. Bill took the girls to school and I skipped swimming. I felt guilty, but I was exhausted. I am not sure why, but I think it was because I trying to fight off the sickness that I ended up with later in the week. Bill went grocery shopping for Thanksgiving, but other than that, we did some stuff around the house. Ping had Daisys that night.

On Tuesday, we repeated the bad cycle. Bill took the girls to school and I skipped swimming. Oh no, not a good thing. That creates a bad habit. Again the guilt settled in. Bill did some more shopping for the holiday in the afternoon and then we took the girls to ice skating. We then stopped at the store to try on a pair of Uggs for me. I just tried them on. I didn't buy them. Bill was less than impressed. Listen, they are far from pretty, but they are warm and I am always cold now!

On Wednesday, the girls had a 1/2 day. I stayed in bed like I had the other two days. Bad Jill!!!! I was just so tired and the vomiting thing I was doing in the evening wasn't working for me. I did take the girls in the afternoon to their gymnastics class. I came home to find Bill cooking up a storm. He even made dinner on top of it all. Not that he doesn't make dinner, but I thought it would be something really easy. It was, but it was still not a chicken finger. Bill was a busy beaver and it was his birthday, so not a lot of fun for him.

Thursday morning came. We had company coming and I still had to pry myself our of bed. I was so tired and feeling like the cold was going to be hitting hard soon. I got up and cleaned as much as I could and then greeted our dear friends at 12:15 pm. We had Sarah and Brad and Meri, Joe, Lucas and Ryan over. I wanted nothing more than to sit and chit chat and enjoy the day, but I was miserable and more getting worse as the day went on. I was afraid I would vomit, so I ate very little. Didn't matter as I still threw up. I had some cranberry sauce, but didn't think anything of it. I then felt like I had the flu and had to lay down. I did some research later and discovered I had "dumped." I had never done that before, so I wasn't sure what it was like, but after napping for 20 minutes, I woke up and felt much better. You don't when you have the flu. You can't clean the house when you have the flu. Needless to say, Thanksgiving was awful for me. Good thing that it comes around yearly.

Friday we got up and took the kids to get their holiday photos. That was a pain in the butt. We were there for over two hours and to be honest, I didn't love the photos. I have seen better. Then we had to wait forever to see the pictures and then they messed up the order. Oy Vey! The rest of the day went well though. We spent the afternoon at home and then we went to Bright Nights with Meri, Joe, Lucas and Ryan. We took separate cars, but we got out and had the kids take a picture with Santa, so we were able to visit then. The lights were so pretty.

On Saturday, we stayed home. Ping thought that those were pretty boring plans. Unfortunately, I felt awful, Bill felt awful and she felt awful with a cold. So we stayed home. I did a little shopping online and ordered Christmas cards. I also cleaned the house. Bill puttered and the girls made Christmas cards. They had a great time doing that. Manny slept while the girls colored, so he didn't get a chance to join the fun. Just as well as he is a little young for these cards that I got from Scholastic. They are really cute!

Sunday came and I slept in while Bill took the girls to Sunday school. Poor Manny, he hardly gets to go anywhere!!!! He will soon. At 3:00 pm we headed down the hill to church. There was a two hour party. The kids all made a gazillion crafts and had a ball. I even made a few things. Well I really just helped the girls make stuff. Manny was in rare form, so that wasn't fun to deal with, but overall they all had a great time. Then we came home, ate and had a bath. The were in bed and asleep quickly.

Today is the start to a new week. I got up and out of bed with no issues today. I still don't feel good cold wise, but I am fine other than that. I dropped off the girls and headed off to swimming. After swim, I went to Buick for something, Bed, Bath and Beyond and then to the Solomon Pond Mall. When I got home I showered and did a little online shopping. Here I am still on the computer. I have gotten a lot done though and that is what counts!

The remodel trudges on.

Off to post some pictures of the latest and greatest happenings.

Mama Out!!!!!

Concrete truck.

Our basement mess.

Bill's birthday cake brought by Sarah and Brad. I didn't get a picture of the yummy looking pumpkin pie and broccoli from Meri.

Opening gifts.



Giving him 5.


Meri, Lucas and Ryan.

Pretty lights.

Pretty lights.

Pretty lights.

Pretty lights.

Working hard at arts and crafts.



Daddy and Manny.

1 comment:

Heather Hale said...

Glad to hear you're starting to feel a little better. Not a fun way to spend the holiday.