Friday, May 16, 2008

Forgot to mention my first Mother's Day!

I hope everyone had a fantastic Mother's Day!!!!! Ours was okay. Friends of ours came over and helped put up our screen tent for outside. Found out that critters made it a home and made several holes, so that tent is done. It was barely used, so that was very disappointing! We did a few things other than that and then had dinner at a Mexican restaurant. It was okay. Not great:(

Mother's Day was bittersweet. A few days leading up to it was hard for me. Most of you know, but for those of you who don't, I lost my mom in November. She was only 70 years old and should still be here. This was my first Mother's Day without her. So while it should have been wonderful and I am so thrilled to have Ping, it's not the same when you don't have a mom to celebrate. It's hard for me to believe that not one Mother's Day overlapped. She never got to meet Ping. It's very sad for me. She would have adored her. Even better is I could have slept till noon and Ping would have been watched in the am since mom lived with us! LOL.

Today Bill is coming home early and we are running off to do a few things. It's nice when there is a second body. I give kudos to single moms! I don't know how they do it. My friend Karen told me that I needed a 1/2 of a nanny. I think that is supurb thinking. Anyone want to be a free 1/2 nanny?

I took some picks this morning. I did a Shayla do! For all of those who don't know what a Shayla do is, it's 3 pig/pony tails:) I will post the pics later. Right now I have to fly so we are ready when Bill gets home!

Mama out!

No comments: