Monday, May 19, 2008

I am frustrated!

Do you enjoy my blog? If so, raise your hand, send me an email, write me a note!!!!! If you don't, let me know. I am considering no longer writing it.

Here is the problem. I will not use names. I love all my friends. I have a great time when I am with them. They have all been good to me, Bill and Ping. I enjoy all the gifts they have given in the past. They have been there through thick and thin!

Supposedly, I am missing information on some of my posts. This one is upset that I am not saying we had a fabulous time with them, that one is upset their picture isn't posted, this one is upset that I am not saying what they have done for me, that one is upset that I am not saying they got us something.

I AM SORRY. I APOLOGIZE. When I blog, it is often after midnight when everyone is asleep. I have been a new mom for 2 months and 3 weeks. I lost my mom 6 months ago. My brain is a jumbled mess. It's upsetting, frustrating and embarrassing. If I have forgotten something or have not said something enough about you, I am truly sorry. I love my friends dearly and they are very, very important to me. I would never harm them or forget anything about them for any reason. I am trying to deal with no longer working full time, a crazy almost 3 year old that doesn't quite speak the language, a house that is a mess, errands up my butt, odd stomach issues and a computer that has been giving me a hard time.

So there you have it, I am admitting that I am not the best at juggling it all. If you have an issue with it, let me know and I will try to fix it or apologize for it. I am just getting really frustrated. The blog is for everyone, but mostly those who do not see us regularly! I feel like I am getting slammed regularly. I try to be detailed. I really do, but sometimes I just don't get it all in.

Anyhoo, I don't know if I should continue here! I know I have a few who love to follow Ping's antics and my ineptness at motherhood. What do you think???

Enough said!

Yesterday, Anita, Donna, Nicole, Ally and Michael came over. Anita worked on my computer all day. She is a gem!!!!! Thanks hon. I appreciate all of your help. So far both Anita and Joe (Meri's husband) have been hacking at this computer trying to get it to work. They have spent hours doing so and I am so freaking grateful!!!!!!!

Donna, Michael and I went to do an errand for Donna's husband. We then picked up subs , pizza and one salad! We came back to the house and all ate together. Ally and Nicole watched a movie, Donna took a nap and Ping hung with Baba outside. Anita tried to teach me how to move files. I sorta knew, but not the way she did it. She called me something. Forgot what it is. Basically she said I was a goof and an over clicker:) The day went way too quick. I love it when my friends come over. I wish all my friends lived closer. We have some friends that live close, which is awesome, but the rest are an hour away. LOSERS FOR NOT MOVING CLOSER:)

We were supposed to take photos yesterday, but never did:( DAMN!

Mama Out

XO

7 comments:

OVPI News said...

Well, i enjoy reading them. I look forward to the pictures. But i would understand if you needed to quit the blog for sanity sake. Just let me know who the perpetrators are that are giving you a hard time and i will send "one of my friends" to rip their phone out of their wall.....not really. but it is a nice thought. I think you are doing wonderfully as a mom...based on what I have read. Any mom can only do what she knows, and can only do the best she knows how. Sure folks "on the outside" could tell you this and that, but, if they had all the answers, they sure wouldn't be harrassing YOU now would they? They would be making millions of dollars with their "new found knoweldge." Take it all with a grain of salt, and smile graciously. To them, say "I appreciate your point of view but I just don't agree with it." Under your breath, tell them where to go, how to get there, and how never to get back. No One should be so shallow to be dissing you when you are having such a wonderful time playing motherhood. Instead, they should be supporting you and sending you bonbons and winning lottery tickets. And if they are not, they are not the fans you should have around. DIS THEM BACK! tit-for-tat I say! Be vindictive and angry all the time and they will cower away. See how easy that all is? :) If you turn off the blog will you send some pix now and then?

Tammy said...

Jill,

You know I LOVE your blog. Many times I have laughed until I cried and also prayed for you when times are rough.
I am so sorry that some of your "friends" are giving you a hard time because you have forgotten to mention them or what they have done. That is really childish. As you have said you are a first time mom to a very active and curious almost 3 year old. Heck I have been a mom for over 19 years and there is no way I could be as detailed as you. After all you have seen my blog and it is very short and sweet. ;)
Hang in there and if you need a break, take one. I will miss all of Pings antics but will completely understand.


Hugs
Tammy

Christina said...

Your blog is a hoot and I enjoy it.

Simply put, it's your blog, it's not the local newspaper. And if it were the local newspaper, you'd have to include ages with people's names according to my old journalism prof. Hey, there's an idea to get people to stop fussing... list their ages, too! ;)

Just my .02, but if people are giving gifts only to see them on a blog, maybe they are giving gifts for the wrong reason.

Love you, girl!
Christina

Billy and Maggie said...

I enjoy reading your blog. You have a great way of putting things. I think it's good to read about the downside of motherhood just as well as the upside. Many blogs I read are like fairytales with everything just storybook perfect. We all know that life is far from that and your blog says just that and thats why I enjoy reading it. Another thing I'd like to add is, when someone does something for you, to you, or with you, supposedly from the goodness of thier heart... it should be just that. Never to be mentioned again unless you..(the recipient) wants to mention it. Anyone who would like the global recognition should just start their own blog and announce to the world how wonderful they are. I would think twice about accepting any other offerings from people like that. A personal blog is just that!! Its writing about ANYTHING the person who created it wants to say! Maybe your friends need a little reminding of that. Hope to read more of your writtings and hang in there, it really does get better :)

Julie said...

Jill, I love your blog. Some of your friends, family or whoever need to be more considerate and stop thinking about themselves.

Most people have no clue of how difficult it can be to go from childless to mother of a toddler in one day. There are days I can't remember what I did five minutes ago. You do the best you can and if people can't understand how busy and overwhelmed you are...then that is their problem and not yours.

JennyT said...

Jill, I just saw this post....I love your blog so much---you "get it" in a world where not too many people do. You understand and chronicle the world where people go from childless and wanting a child to having a kid who knows what they want when they want it. It is NOT the same as bringing home a newborn!!! You have a way with words that is wonderful, and I hope you don't stop blogging completely. I understand that there are only so many hours in the day, but you could always cut back on the posting and not feel like you have to post so frequently if that helps...and just think! With Ping in preschool, you could start your memoirs!
The heck with people who want to be mentioned in the blog; it's not about that. The comments before mine really express my thoughts so I won't repeat everything they said, only want to say that I agree. If they keep giving you a hard time, then you need to start posting all their deep dark secrets...LOL.

Catherine said...

your blog "tickles my pickle"!! please don't stop Jill, I love Ping's stories!!!