Thursday, May 15, 2008

Where do the days go?????

It's been a week since I have blogged!!!!! It's hard to get on regularly lately. I have had a couple of very busy days!

I called in a chimney sweeper. I should do this yearly, but I forget sometimes. He came the other day. He wasn't here long. Bill discovered that evening that the heat wasn't working, so we had to call in a furnace guy. So a furnace guy came today. A wire was pulled out of where it needed to be. Clearly it happened when the chimney dude was here cleaning! However, when we called him, he had no clue what could have happened. So $125 for the cleaning and $75 for the service call. Hmmm, hope I can afford gas this week? Why do things break when the economy sucks? Everything is so costly. I don't know how any of us survive. I don't complain about the gas prices because what is truly the point? If I could do something about them, heck ya, I would complain. However, it's out of my hands. So I prefer to worry or harp on something that I do think I have control over. What do I have control over? NOTHING? Certainly not Miss Ping Ping!!!!!

I bought a new table. I have always wanted a table for 8. I have one for 4. It was always too small. So I finally found one after looking for nearly 2 years. It's nothing special, I just never found what I had wanted. I then found something last year, but kept putting it off. Well for my birthday, I decided to get it. It was very much needed!!!! Well the table is great, but the chairs are massive and have taken over my small space! It's a little upsetting! Irritating even! I know I just need to adjust. Right now I feel like I have an army of elephants in my dining/kitchen area!!!!

Today was a recipe for disaster! I had to get up very early after going to bed very late!!!! Then I had to rush downstairs to let the furnace guy in. Mind you, neither of us were dressed in our Sunday best!!! After he left, the delivery men for the table came. It's hard to direct them, have the phone ring and watch Ping. She likes to escape when people come. It's like an open invitation for her to walk out the door. Um, kid this is NOT OKAY! You go out with Mama or Baba or an approved adult. You don't just wander outside! UGH. By the time I showered and got dressed, got Ping dressed, etc. it was late. Like 2ish. Then I got the hankering to clean out my walk in closet. OH MY! I am proud of myself. I am not done yet, however, I have decided to get rid of absolutely everything with the exception of what I am currently wearing daily. No more dreams of fitting into the size 6 jeans. If I ever get to that place again, hell, I deserve a new wardrobe!!!!! So after many years of collecting multiple sizes, I divided things into donating bags and trashing bags! I also got rid of some shoes. It was freeing. I also cleaned out my bureau, Ping's bureau, put all her hair bows in a safe place and cleaned the armoire! So I was quite productive. However, I was behind in everything else. The house was a mess, I had not eaten, Ping had, but not much and I hadn't taken my daily prescription for my ulcer and such!!!!!! By the time Bill got home, I was spent. I needed his help. He had muster practice tonight and agreed to take Ping when I asked him to do so. After all, she needed a little daddy time:)))) I know that I desperately needed some time to do a few things without interruptions.

I adore my little one and wouldn't trade her for all the tea in China. No way, no how. However, being a parent is sooooo tough. I am very lucky that I have some very understanding people in my life. They listen to me vent and they are very kind about it. It's really hard though when you adopt and then complain. After all, this is the child you have been pining away for!!!! You signed yourself up for this!!!!! So sometimes it is harder for some people to understand. I did sign up and I am thrilled I did, but that does not mean she doesn't test me on a regular basis. She is one tough boss!!!!! She isn't much different then bosses in the workplace. If they don't get their way, they complain and whine, no? So does she!!!! She is a cute boss though:)

A lot of people think that I have also been "initiated" into their world because I am now a mom. Like I now understand their world where before I was oblivious! I wasn't living their world, but I knew what their world consisted of. I have always known that children are tough. That staying home is tough. I just didn't have the chance to live it before, that is all. I watched Donna raise two kids. I was around a lot when they were young. I took them out for a day or stayed over for a weekend. That small test was enough to show me that doing what had to be done daily SUCKED! However, I still signed myself up for this job. I am thrilled I did. I truly am. Today was a tough day though. Ping was destroying everything I did. That is annoying as all hell. I folded all of my shirts so nicely. The ones being donated that is. She jumped into them like they were a big leaf pile. I spent nearly an hour folding everything so pretty. Well she is 3, what can I expect? However, this goes on and on and on all day. She is a very busy, active, curious chica! She likes to explore. Sometimes by 5pm, I am ready to crumble. When you are tired and such, you can't help but fall apart at times. It's understandable! I sure hope these moments where I crumble disapear though.

I bought some new locks the other day. So now the cat food is safely stored behind a new lock. She has yet to figure it out as far as I can see. Bill thinks she has figured it out though. All I know is there hasn't been an episode lately. There I go, opening my big mouth, now let's see what tomorrow brings!!!!

Ping is really talking up a storm. I do believe that the ear tubes have helped her hearing! We can only hope. She is understanding English much more than she is chatting, but that is okay!!! The poor bugger has a cold. She and Baba both have one!!! I feel awful seeing her nose clog up and drip and clog up and drip.

Well I have to run. I keep literally falling asleep while typing. I am not even going to bother proof reading it. I hope it's okay to post!!!!! Hope to have some pics up soon!

Mama Out
XO

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Jill,

I was beginning to get worried about you. Happy to see you are blogging again. Motherhood is truly the hardest job you will ever love. :) Have a wonderful weekend.


Tammy