Thursday, May 22, 2008

This chick cracks me up!!!!!

Ping has gotten to know the language very well. She is understanding it better and better every day!! She is speaking better and better every day. HOWEVER, when I come downstairs and go into my office and find my brand new wrapped .42 cent stamps are missing and then ask Ping what happened, the lightbulb shuts down? Huh? What? Stamps? What yo talking about Mama? "PING WHERE ARE MAMA'S STAMPS????" I find one or 2 cut in half and stuck in odd places. I am beside myself. Not cheap!!!!! Again "PING, WHERE ARE THE STAMPS?" "Stamps mama?" Yeah, freaking stamps Ping. I get the stare. Hmmmm, you get milk, juice, food of any assortment, ladybug, car, truck, etc. down, but you can't understand stamp? Dudette, you were JUST PLAYING WITH THEM!!!!! So I point to where they are, motion to how they were rolled, show her the ones she tore, etc. Nothing, nada, ziltch. OH FOR THE LOVE OF PING!!!!!

Now let me back up here. This darling child greets me in my bedroom smelling delicious. Like mint chocolate chip. How is that possible? OHHHH, you found the hard candies, no? They were in a drawer. They came with something that was sent to me. She couldn't open the package before, so no worries. Well, she mastered the skill obviously. So she is chocolatey faced. I wash her face, I shower, we get dressed and head downstairs.

Okay, fast forward. I am still looking for the stamps. All of a sudden, she is pointing to the hard candies in the sandwich bag. She has taken some mints that were at her shower, put them in with the hard candies and mixed them. In addition, she has put all the stamps in there!!!!!!!! Unwrapped, and each stamp stuck to each piece of candy. I was beside myself. $42.00 of stamps. So as only a good mom would do, I took each candy gingerly out of the bag and peeled the stamp ever so carefully off of the package:)))) I then put it back on the strip the best I could:) Only lost one stamp. Tragedy averted. SCORE MAMA! What a pain in the arse though!!!!

Why can't she play with her toys? Why must she play with Mama's stuff? UGH. I know they are all the same!!!!! I am not surprised. Her toys are always immaculately put away in her basket, but Mama's stuff is always spread from here to eternity. UGH.

Waiting for her first post-placement appointment with our social worker, so I gotta run.

Thanks for your support everyone:)

Mama Out!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Girl...there has got to be a better way to Ping-proof that house!