Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!!!!!

We were invited down to our friend's Donna and Brad's abode and pool for the day. It was rainy, but we decided to pack Ping's swimsuit just in case the day got better as it went along. It is New England after all.

Before leaving, Ping decided to have a meltdown. She wanted to play with an outfit she is wearing tomorrow. We told her no as we were leaving. She threw herself down on the floor. She has been doing this the last few days. I step right over her and keep going. Heeeheeee. I am not going to give in to her, that is for sure. Bill is more inclined to do so. He was going to get her a snack that has shapes, one of them are lady bugs. I didn't think it was wise, so I told him I would prefer he ignore her. I don't want her to think that every time she is told no, that it is okay to have a fit and we will do what we have to do to fix it. So he walked away and I asked her if she wanted to brush her teeth and take her vitamins. Fit was over and on with the day. It's hard not to laugh at the way she collapses onto the floor, so I have to walk away as does Bill. lol. I have pictures of the fit. Blackmail!!!!

So we headed there for 2. They live an hour away from us. We snacked on a new Tastefully Simple cheese ball called Tempting Taco Cheese Ball. It was great. We all liked it. We headed outside because it looked like the day was looking up weather wise. I was only outside with Ping for 2 seconds when she said she wanted to go swimming. Mind you, I don't know as if she has ever been in a pool before. I doubt it. So we went into the house and I got her suited up for some swim time. Donna and I sat and chatted while Brad cleaned the grill. Baba went in with baby girl. She had a blast. I was worried that she might hate the pool or be afraid of it. She was like a fish. She took to it right away. She loved watching the boys swim too. Michael, Donna and Brad's 11 year old and his buddy Anatole were there swimming too. Once Miss Ping's lips turned blue and she started to shiver, we took her out. She wanted to stay in, but we told her we would have dinner and go back in. I didn't think we really would, but it worked:)

We had hamburgers and dogs and potato salad! It was nice just hanging out. It wasn't too muggy and the bugs were not too bad.

I took at boatload of photos. I will post a bunch now! Don't forget that if you put the mouse on the picture it will get bigger for you. Mind you, some of these photos are not crisp. They are somewhat fuzzy, but not all of them.

Sofie "why are you crying????? Cause they said no???? Get a grip!!!!!



My life sucks, I am nearly 3 you know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gaining some composure finally.
Are you done taking the dang photo mom????? I have juice to drink you know!!!!!!
Water exercises!
This tube thing is very cool!



Silly Michael!!!!!!
Flipping and flopping!!!

Ayi is making me laugh!!!!!


Boys will be boys!!!!
Um, geek? lol. Michael, the comedian!!!!!

Oh and Donna said she wants another baby so that our kids can grow up together!!!! Isn't that awesome. She was lying, but it sounded good!!!!!:)

1 comment:

Julie said...

What sweet pictures. She really loves the pool doesn't she?