Saturday, July 19, 2008

I have not been blogging enough........

Per Donna! So sorry my dear, I am fairly busy:)

This week went by pretty fast. Wednesday, Ping and I jumped in the truck to head off to play group at 10:25. I couldn't start the truck! This isn't the first time. For some reason, the steering column keeps jamming. It's happened a lot over the year. Honestly, it was infrequent and after 15 minutes or so I could get it started. 2 months ago on a very hot day, the same thing happened. I was lucky enough to have Ayi Jenn still in the parking lot when it seized last time. It was way too hot to sit in the car. I finally had to call Bill after some time because I couldn't get it to work. Bill came and after 20-30 minutes, he finally got it going. I meant to put it in the shop, but forgot or spaced or something! So when it happened Wednesday, I called for a tow and had it taken away. I have had enough with it! So we were stuck home for the day. It worked out okay as I made a ton of phone calls to local places to check on availability for Ping's party. I am glad I didn't have anything major that day. Meri and Lucas came over to play though. Meri brought Ping her birthday present. It's a beautiful handmade hat that Meri was able to find online. I will include a picture of it. We had a nice afternoon. The kids played and we tried to breath slowly so we wouldn't get overheated!!!!! It was a hot day!

We had plans on Thursday, so I had to drive Bill to work for 8am. That sucked. Honestly, Ping sleeps till nearly 9, so getting her out of bed isn't any fun. So we drove Baba to work, came home and did a few things and then went to WPI where I used to work. I had lunch with Margaret and Karen. We had a wonderful time, but it went by too quick! Margaret gave Ping an awesome purple Care Bear and DVD of the Care Bears. Also a couple of books. Ping loved it all. She is now sleeping with the Care Bear and she loved the DVD. She also loves the books and she has wanted to look at them since getting them. Karen gave her an adorable stuffed doggie with a pearl bracelet and a pink comb. Ping loves doggies, so of course it was cool to have her very own. She loves to wear the bracelet and to comb the doggies hair. So the gifts were a huge hit! We had pizza for lunch and Ping got an ice cream cone from Ayi Karen:))))

After visiting with Margaret and Karen, we went to visit with Ayi Audra in her office. We only stayed for 5 minutes as she was very busy! As we were leaving, we called Ayi Kim who happened to be going to lunch! It was after 2! So we kept her company while we ate. I brought my camera and got pics with Kim, but nobody else. I am so mad at myself for forgetting!!!!!!!

After picking up Baba at work, we went to get my truck. I had a lot of work done on it while it was there. The main problem was an electric chamber in the ignition switch. It's fixed, that is all I care about. We headed over to where Ayi Karen works and we all got hair cuts. It was Ping's first cut since being here with us. She loved it. She did so well. I was so relieved. A lot of kids hate getting their hair cut. I think it helped that she loves Ayi Karen!!!!!! We then headed out for dinner where I ran into my cousin Donna. So it was a busy day!!!!!

Friday, I had an appointment here at 9 and at 11. I am interested in installing an alarm system. Honestly, I have always wanted to do it. I think it's good to have for peace of mind. We live in a fabulous area and are very lucky, but I would still feel better if we had one for when we are out and about for the entire day and night!!! In the afternoon, Ping and I did some errands and I polished off the day with a pedicure and filing pictures!!!!!

Today we visited with Ayi Mindy and Uncle Joe and their two children. Ciara is 3 1/2 and Connor is turning 8! The three of them went into a little kiddie pool them have and the sandbox. Ping was in her glory. It was helluva hot here. 94 or so degrees. However, Ping was cool. Let's not forget Baba who sat in the house with Uncle Joe and drank beer! BUM:) By the time we left there, we were starving, so we hit Friendlys and went to the Christmas Tree Shop for 10 minutes. I was looking for something!

Now we are home and Bill is desperately trying to get the Pingster to bed! Personally, I am beat. I am so tired. I am achey too. I have been a lot lately. I feel like I haven't been able to get my body to move well lately and I don't know why. It's bugging me immensely though!!!!!

So there you have it, a complete update on the week!!!!!

There were a few funny things that Ping said or did this week. Of course I can NOT remember them now. I do remember one though. I asked her to put away her books the other day as we were leaving. She said "NO." I said "Excuse me??????" She said "NO, I SAID!!!!" Glad she couldn't see me as I was dying inside from laughing so hard. It was so funny and cute. I told Bill that it was better when she spoke Chinese. Now that she knows English, she can say all sorts of things. Her favorite is "Naughty Mama, Bad Mama." I don't know where she gets that!!!!! During the week, we were out in the car, the three of us. She was quiet and all was fine. All of a sudden, she starts yelling "Mama, DON'T DO THAT!!!!!!!!, Mama, DON'T DO THAT!!!!!!!!!!" I was like "huh, what did I do." It passed and Bill and I just laughed. I wasn't doing anything!!!!!! This was out of the blue. Her other favorite saying is "Careful Mama, be careful." She says it to Baba too. It's so cute. She says it mostly when we are driving.

She is absolutely adorable. She is so expressive. Right now she is heading downstairs and I have NO IDEA WHY!!!!!!! So Mama must go.

Mama Out!

2 comments:

Special K said...

Perhaps Ayi Karen could cut Micah's hair. He's one of the screamers!!! Her cut is just adorable. I swear she gets cuter every time I see her.

Christina said...

"I feel like I haven't been able to get my body to move well lately and I don't know why."

Sounds to me like you are running non-stop! So glad you are enjoying time with my-- I mean *your* little Ping!