Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My Baby is 3!!!!!!!

How come she is home 4 months and she is 3????? How can that be? The proof is in the tantrum though. First thing this morning, after telling her she couldn't have something, she flung herself down on the tile in the kitchen and started kicking and flailing her arms. I just said "hmmm, so tough to be 3." Bill and I literally just looked at each other and tried not to laugh. This was a classic temper tantrum. She is so good at it. Her favorite word now is "NO." She is so cute when she says it too. She changes her voice, so it's funny when she says it. Not so funny that she knows what it means and she knows how to use it. "Ping, let's get dressed! NO!!!!! Ping, let mama do your hair. NO!!!!!!! Today I told her that she best curb the no word or I was going to beat her on her birthday and that wouldn't be cool:)))) KIDDING!!!!!!! We were both getting frustrated with her today as she did not want to listen at all!!!!! Typical 3 year old!!!!! Never liked 3, but what can I say. She has to be 3 to get to the darling age of 15! Another year I will probably hate!!!!!

Bill took today off. We got up early, talked to a few people, made a few calls and headed out. After going to the bank and cleaners, we headed to Putnam, CT! I was told it was a cute town with antiques and such. Now we are not fans of antiques, so why would we head there???? Who knows. It was just something I always wanted to do. So we went there, I got a few interesting tea cups and then we had linner! Late lunch, early dinner!!!!! We then bought a cake for the wee one and came home. After doing some stuff outside, it got too late, so we didn't have the little cake. It's one of those tiny ones!!! We figured we didn't need the extra!

We truly want to have a big birthday bash in September, so we didn't do anything huge today. I did get Ping a few books and some paper punchers in the shape of a heart, star and dolphin. She loves those. I had a heart one, but it has disappeared. Ever since Ping has arrived, all sorts of things have vanished. It's odd!!!!!

All in all, it was a great day. Any day I get to spend with my favorite people is a good day. We got some wonderful phone calls today wishing Ping a Happy Birthday!!!! Ayi Donna, Ayi Meri, Ayi Jenn and family, Ayi Karen, Ayi Nicole and Ayi Anita. Ayi Sarah emailed and sent the most wonderful gift to Ping yesterday. Ping has her very own tea set for children. It is so darn cute. It plays "I'm a Little Tea Pot!" Bill of course has to dance and pretend to have a spout, etc! Ping needed me to open the box immediately last night when it came!!!! She loves it to death. Sarah also sent me a wonderful book about animals passing. She is hoping it will help me with what happened with my Lily as well as others before her. I am looking forward to reading it!!!!!

Sam, Jenn's little man left a sweet message and sang Happy Birthday to Ping on our answering machine this morning. It was so adorable, I wish I could keep it!!!! Ping was so excited. She kept saying she wanted Sam!!!! She loves her friends so much. I love that about her. She is so sweet and caring. She loves her friends like I love mine!!!!!

I am not sure if I mentioned, but Ayi Donna bought a beautiful pink cake the other day when we went over to swim. So we did have cake for Ping's birthday on Saturday. Her first cake in the USA!!!!!

It was really cool to hear from Nicole (my godchild). She is so grown, I miss her being young:( Her comedian brother is getting older too! Why must they grow. I yelled "love you Nicole" on the phone. I got the standard "love you too." I hope she means it:) Now that she is getting older, it's probably harder for her to say, seeing that it's not cool and all! LOL!!!

One final thought. I can't help but wonder about Ping's birth parents? Is her mom thinking of her today? Was Ping really born today or yesterday or tomorrow? It is hard to pinpoint exactly, would be my guess!!!!! I am grateful to her mom or parents. I just wish they could see how wonderful she is now!

Happy Birthday my Pingster, we love you so very, very, very, much!!!!!!!

XOXOXOXOXOXO

Mama Out!

1 comment:

Christina said...

What a sweet post on this special day!