Saturday, July 5, 2008

I am so tired, yet I don't go to bed!!!!

I stay up late looking at music videos on Youtube all the time. What is my problem???? I am always finding awesome songs on there:) I am able to find a lot of old stuff that I use to listen to. It's addictive. Must stop!!!!!

Today was a good day. We had a christening to go to for twin girls. Armig and Nousig were christened at their Armenian church today. We have never been to an Armenian church before. It is always so exciting to learn about other cultures. The parents and god parents walked to various corners of the church. It's walking North and South per my friend. I will have to get more details at some point. They go into a special room for the water. They undress the baby and put her into the water. It was hotter than hot due to the muggy weather. The inside of the church was sweltering with no fan or a/c! It was really interesting though. We just watched what the others did and followed suit. If you don't get what they are saying, what else could we do. Ping was very well behaved. I was very proud of her. After the church, we headed to the place for lunch. It was Middle Eastern food. Our friends are Armenian. They lived in Syria before coming here to live and go to college. Anyway, the food was fantastic. I told Bill that we really need to get out and try different foods. We had hummus, eggplant hummus, yogurt and pita bread, plus a great salad and then chicken kabobs over rice. It was really delicious and very healthy for the most part. I would like to try Thai again. We have had that a few times. I would like to try Indian, Middle Eastern again, etc. It's hard when you don't know what the stuff is though, you know?

When I am not so tired, I will post pictures of the day.

We came home and friends of ours came over. Robo has never met Shayla, yet his wife has a few times. Robo is a big kid himself, so he got along great with Ping. They couldn't stay long as Robo has to work tomorrow. It was nice being able to chat though. They are some of our closest friends. I wish we could see them more often. Robo teased me and said they were going to move closer. I thought I was going to cry. I was so excited. He was teasing me. I thought I was going to kill the man at that point!!!!!

Anyway, I suppose I should try to hit the hay!

Mama Out

No comments: