Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Stunt growth medicine????

I took Pingster to her 3 year check up. She is in the 70-75% percentile for weight and height. In 4 months, she has gained 1 1/2lbs and has grown 3 inches in height!!!!!!

I am thrilled at her weight. I discussed in detail with the doctor how I try to provide Ping with a good nutritional balance and I am careful to not let her have too much milk or juice or candy etc. I don't want this poor girl to suffer like I have with a weight issue. However, I don't want to restrict stuff to the point of her feeling like she needs to go to a friend's house for the good food. Not that she is at that stage in her life, but it could happen. I was restricted as a child, so I went hog wild when I got older! Now I am suffering. I am also careful not to treat any boo boos with food, etc. I don't want her pissed off at a Weight Watcher meeting 15 years from now saying to everyone "my mom fed me whenever I was sad!!!!!" So weight wise, she is fantastic:)))))

As for height???? DAMN SHE IS TALL!!!!! Where is my little 3 year old????? Where is my little peanut?????? She is tall for a 3 year old. She is tall for an Asian child!!!!!! I want to stunt her growth so she stays 3 for the rest of her life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anybody know how to do that? KIDDING!!!!! However, my little one is growing like a freaking weed!!!!!! I am glad she is growing because that is a good thing, but when you start out being a mom to a little one that is not so little, you can't help but want them to stay young a little longer. I didn't get to start at day one:( Don't misunderstand, I wouldn't trade her for all the tea in China!!!!! I don't say that because she is Chinese, I always say that. Don't go getting those Pull Ups in a bunch!!!!

The doctor thought she was doing fantastic. She is just perfect. No kidding, I could have saved the $10 copay and told you that:)

The doctor tried to get her to do an eye test. That was a joke. I had to hold something over one eye and test the other. Ping thought I was a moron and would keep moving her entire head. She didn't get that I was supposed to do it. She doubted my ability to function as a mom at that moment. I doubt it often. So the eye test was lost on Ping. As she develops and understands more, we can do it. Trust me, if I am eating a snack inside at the computer and she is getting the mail with Baba outside, she knows I am eating a snack and demands me to share it with her. So she has X-Ray vision. No worries.

I do adore this little one. I really was worried about motherhood. I really thought that even though I wanted a small creature, the small creature (s) would cramp my style. She doesn't cramp it at all. She is the eye candy holding my hand!

1 comment:

Christina said...

"She doubted my ability to function as a mom at that moment. I doubt it often."

So do I, and mine is almost 12. Welcome to parenthood! ;)

Love the post about the doctor, though. Glad our Ping is so healthy and can adopt from China, LOL.