Saturday, November 1, 2008

Ping's First Halloween

Ping had a wonderful time Trick and Treating. We walked over to 4 of our neighbor's houses because they all wanted to see her. We then came home to meet Ayi Donna. All of us piled into the car and headed to Rutland to meet with friends. Our friends Jenn and Rick and their two little ones were walking around a huge neighborhood that is fairly new. Very pretty. Since we do not live in a neighborhood, we decided to join them so that Ping could walk around safely and enjoy the fun of going door to door with other children her age. She loves Sam and Jillian, so she had a blast. It was a lot of walking. When we reached Jenn and Rick's truck, we all piled in because our car was quite a ways away! So the three of us adults sat on the back door of the pick up truck and Ping sat between Sam and Jilli! We then went back to their house and ordered some subs. We were all starved. Ping was a zombie, so we took her home and put her in bed. Donna had to run home to get her daughter from a friends house. I watched TV and then went to bed at 2am.

Today was a great day. Ping and Bill woke up around 6:30 am. I have no idea why. They decided to get up and have breakfast. They woke me up a few hours later. We all got ready and headed out the door. We went to a craft fair and then to Canalfest in Worcester. We had a great time. The craft fair was big, but boring. All stuff we have seen before. You typically see tons of jewelry and a lot of knitters. We enjoy going though. I ran into two Tastefully Simple customers I had not seen in awhile. That was nice. They called out my name. I didn't even see them!!!!!! So they met Ping for the first time.

After leaving there we went to Canalfest. They had food vendors and craft vendors and a little replica water canal. There were two stages with music on one and dancing on the other. We missed the STOMPING dancing. I would have loved to see that. We did catch the Flamenco dancing too. Very pretty. Ping actually got into a kayak with a man and he brought her around in the little water canal. It was so cute and she had a blast.

We did a few other errands as well and topped off the evening with dinner out. It was great. Unfortunately, Ping was very tired. However, she did very well after we gave her some bread. She had a nice bath tonight, read some princess books and is now sleeping like a little bug. Another great day! Now for some pictures. Please excuse some of the blurry ones. Not sure why the camera does that sometimes.

I love this photo. Sophie and Neesha whack Sasha when she sticks her head out of the tent. It's like Whack A Mole. LOL.

Ping before the concert. No smile for Mama!

I love this one of Sophie. She is holding her tail with her back feet.

Our beautiful ladybug. This is before heading out for the night.



On my way to get my neighborhood treats.

Neighbor's beautiful tree/bush and driveway. AYI SARAH, enlarge photo. Notice anything?

Neighbor's Erika and Anna.

Neighbor's cute cat.

Ayi Donna.
This is what Trick and Treating did to my dearest bug!

Hello McBug, it's Mama, can you hear me? ZZZZ

Let's go, I don't want to take a picture with Mama.

I am so cool.



Didn't you know I could kayak?

Shot of water from a distance.


Flamenco dancer.








There have been 3 pregnancy announcements this week. I am very happy for all of them. I have to say though that the pictures of my daughter dancing with her daddy makes me grateful for our unexplained infertility. The perfect child was picked from the greatest child patch in the world and she lives with me and calls me Mommy. She doesn't need to look like me or her dad to prove to me that she is ours. If anyone asked me to endure hell for five years and promised we would be rewarded at the end if we did, I would have told them they were nuts. I guess that is why we were never told. We just had to find out for ourselves that the reward is pure heaven. Her name is Shayla Yu Ping! I love you my chickie.

Mama Out!!!!

3 comments:

Fancy That said...

OMG! That orb is TOO COOL!!!!!!

Christina said...

"I have to say though that the pictures of my daughter dancing with her daddy makes me grateful for our unexplained infertility."

This made me tear up. I'm so happy for you! She was made for you and Bill, it's so obvious!

Christina said...

BTW, I love the kayak photo! She is reading for Aunt Christina's boat!

The photo of the two of you together is so good, Jill. Your hair looks great!