Saturday, April 24, 2010

I am back!!!!!!

If you read my blog often, you know I was out of town for a little while. Well I am back and ready to get back to writing.

It's been a busy week, nearly two weeks. We were in Florida. We had a great time. We didn't get to do a ton of things because we had something to do while we were there. We did get to have one fabulous day of fun though. We started the day off with a 90 minute airboat ride. That was absolutely fabulous. Bill and I loved it. Ping loved it too, but not like we did. We saw a ton of alligators. The boat was loud. That bothered Bill and Ping, but I was fine. There are ear sets to muffle the noise, but I didn't wear them. I found them to be a bigger pain in the butt than anything. More importantly, I wanted an authentic boat ride. So I picked an organization that runs authentic rides. None of these 30 people to a boat set low in the water. This boat could only hold a few and it was high up in the air. You can see the photos at the end of this.

After we finished the boat ride, we stopped at a park. We just got out to take a picture. There is a huge stone alligator there. We then headed to the Gaylord Hotel. This is a must see. It is absolutely gorgeous. Next time I am in the area, I would love to stay there. It's a huge hotel and convention center. They have various areas of interest. One of the big ones is the turtle and alligator area. There is an everglades area as well. The place has a ton of stores and restaurants. They have a few pools too. It was just beautiful. After we left there, we went to Old Town. Old Town is a boardwalk, but not along the water. They have a cute carnival section for younger children. Ping had a blast. She went on a bunch of rides. She is not afraid of anything. I love it!!!!!! Once we left there, we went back to the hotel. We were exhausted. That was on Tuesday. On the Saturday before that, we went to Downtown Disney and walked around. We just went into some of the shops. We really didn't do a lot while we were away. We were tied up Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Again on Sunday and Monday. Most of Saturday too. We got out and about when we could.

We came home this past Wednesday. We got home late. A lot later than we should have. In fact, I have called the van service and put in a complaint. We got home 2 hours and 35 minutes after we got picked up at Logan. I thought that was unacceptable. Needless to say, we didn't do anything Wednesday night. Thursday came and I slept in. Bill went to work. It was a hectic day. The phones kept ringing off the hooks. I couldn't get through my damn mail! I got some stuff done, but not a lot. I worked my tail off on Friday. I got a lot of phone calls made as well as a lot of other things.

Today is Saturday and it's been a very productive day. We took Sasha for her hair cut this am. We went to Lowes and Target. Then home so that I could pay bills and clean up around the house. Bill went back out and got my car washed, went to the cleaners, the post office, CVS and returned something at Walmart for me. When he got home, he cleaned my car even more. Nice! It's because he thinks it's his car though. He didn't do it for me, trust me! Ping and Daddy picked some flowers for my birthday. They are so pretty. I will put those pictures up as well. The next order of business is to get caught up on all of my pictures. I need to put in a big order. God I hate that job. Someone has to do it though, right? Off to post some pictures and clean first.

Mama Out!!!!!!

Here we go.

Silly goose.

Cinderella.

Nice outfit!

Sweet baby.

Airboat coming towards us.

This was one of the airboats in the small fleet of two.

Looking for alligators.

Alligator.

Alligator.

Airboat.

Big teeth.

Gaylord Hotel.

Gaylord Hotel.

Gaylord Hotel.

Gaylord Hotel.

Gaylord Hotel.

Gaylord Hotel.

Fun magnets. Remember the story of us being white trash?

Gaylord Hotel.

Froggy Drop.

So tall.

Roller coaster.

Tilt a Whirl.

Merry Go Round.

Wiggly bug.

Huge drop. Very cool. Did not do though.

Tired tiger.

Snow white.

Flowers that Bill and Ping picked.

So pretty!

Some videos if interested.







No comments: