Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Freezing around here

Good god New England, why are you so cold lately. Yesterday and today have been really chilly. There were a few snow flakes earlier today. It's nearly May! I miss the temps in Florida. They were delicious!!

We had a great weekend of catching up with all household stuff. It's boring to empty suitcases and wash clothes, but it needed to be done. I caught up on some projects that I have been working on. I was ready to face Monday by the end of the weekend. My birthday was on Sunday. I got some very special phone calls from my friends, but other than that, we stayed around here to do a few things. We then went to the At&t store because Bill thought I should get the iPhone and he wanted a new phone to boot. You see what that is all about, right? He could care less if I had to carry around a rotary phone, he just wanted a new phone. Unfortunately, we aren't eligible for an upgrade till September. So the option was to pay almost $600 now or wait till September. I can wait for September. Bill said he couldn't, but he is. I can't see spending that kind of cash on a phone when in 6 months, we can get it so much cheaper. Bill was mad, but he got over it fast. He usually doesn't get mad, but he was!

After the phone store, we went to the Y and I rejoined. I wanted to start first thing Monday morning and not bother with all the paperwork, so it made sense to go on Sunday. We then went to Meri and Joe's for a short visit. I had a few things for Meri and she had my birthday gift. They gave me an adorable ladybug mug with a spoon for soup and a beautiful and cute little sterling silver ladybug pin. I love it!!!!! I can't wait to put it somewhere special. Just trying to find the perfect spot for it.

The rest of the night was spent quietly at home. On Monday, I dropped Ping off at school and went swimming. It was great to be back. I thought the rest of the day would be exhausting, but I was really energized. I was able to make a bunch of phone calls and do a lot of research into camps and swimming lessons for Ping. It felt good to have such a productive day.

On Tuesday, I dropped Ping off at school and headed off to the pool again. It was so cold out. I was actually cold in the pool and that is pretty rare. The rest of the day was spent at home. My energy level was good, but not what it was Monday. Somewhere around 4:30 pm, I sat down with Ping and watched a little TV. I just wanted to sit with a blanket around me. Frankly, I am not a fan of her shows, but they will do in a pinch. Bill had the fire department last night, so he ran in and out before we could talk at all. I put Ping to bed with no issues and sat down to watch some TV. Ping was hysterical last night. I got her a dress at her request, plus tights and shoes. She hung the dress on the drawer pull, put the tights hanging from the hanger under the dress and then put the shoes at the bottom. She stood in front of the outfit and puckered her lip but stood stool. She said "Mommy, look at me, I am a statue!!!!" Too funny. A statue? A fairly big word for her I think. I am always underestimating her! When will I learn?

Today is another cold and damp day. The sun was shining for 10 minutes this morning, but it was still raining. I am here catching up on the blog and making a few phone calls. I am playing phone tag with some people. A frustrating game. I am going to take Ping to dancing today. She has a few lessons she needs to make up. Might as well get that out of the way. Not that I am looking forward to sitting in the studio for an hour. Bill has a doctors appointment and then is going shopping. We have yet to do a real shopping trip since we have been home. It's time.

Well that is all for now. Nothing new is up here for the time being. I don't think I mentioned it before, but on the day we were leaving for Florida, we got a call asking us if we were interested in taking in a little boy just under the age of one. I was so blown away, I was shaking. I said that we would love to. This is the call we have been waiting for, right????? I told them I was going to Florida and would love to cancel, but that we couldn't at this time. I had considered doing so, but both Bill and I came to the decision that we shouldn't for various reasons. So I asked if he could stay where he was for one week and we would be happy to pick him up on Thursday. They said no and that they were going to call the next family. I was devastated. We have been waiting for so long. However, what is done is done. Maybe the next call will be ours? I hope so.

Mama Out!!!!!!

No comments: