Monday, April 5, 2010

I apologize for not updating my regular blog friends!

This past week has flown and yet it ticked by so very slowly. I have a lot of stuff going on right now. For the most part, I share it all here. Some stuff I can't because my blog isn't private. However, if you know me personally, you know it all. Aren't you lucky?

So this past week has been a little nutty. On Wednesday, I took a plane to Florida. I had to meet with a gentleman there about some stuff. A friend of mine from NH went with me. I am so grateful that she was there for me. What a blessing. Everything went well. We came back the same day. I got home around 1:00 am. My dear friend Christine watched Ping for the day. I am very thankful to her for taking Ping for the entire day while Bill worked. He was unable to get the day off.

Thursday morning came and went. I couldn't get up for the life of me. Neither could Ping. She was so tuckered out from her all day playing excursion the day before. She also got a terrible nights sleep as she was in the car with Daddy waiting on my flight to get in at Logan. It was 45 minutes late. Daddy was less than thrilled! So I woke up, looked at Ping and she was snoring. So Bill kissed me goodbye and told us that we should probably stay in bed since we were so tired. Really? Oh, if you insist!

Ping answered the phone at some point in the am. It was my friend Marghrit. Ping asked her name and chatted for a little bit. She told Marghrit that I was tired and still sleeping. Marghrit told me all of this later on in the week. She was impressed with how old she seemed. I thought it was funny, but clearly Ping needs to work on her secretarial skills as I never got the phone message! We spent the day at home doing a few things here and there. When Daddy got home, we jumped in the car and headed off to Disney on Ice featuring the Princesses. Ping had a blast. It was a nice show. The ticket price was great, but the concessions inside were sinful. $10 for a cotton candy and $10 for a lemonade! I thought that was really awful. We are fortunate that we only have one child. What about the people who bring their 3 children though? In this economy, we need to pay $10 for cotton candy????? It's not that I couldn't afford it, it was that I was sick over it. Ping had a meltdown when I told her she couldn't get an ice cone. It was a blue cup filled with colored ice. It was $12.00. First of all, she didn't need one more thing to eat. Secondly, I wasn't paying $12.00 because I was disgusted that they can get away with that. Anyway, the show was really great and that is what truly matters!

We woke up on Friday, but we were still pretty wiped out. I drove Ping to school and then came back to the house for a 9am appointment with a contractor. That went fine. I then picked up Ping from school and we hung out here until I took her to her dance class for 4:00 pm. After going home to get Daddy, we went over to Meri's and Joe's house for 6:00 pm. We had a wonderful time. Joe cooked steak tips and potatoes with onion seasoning and some veggies. We had cake for dessert. It was all yummy. Meri had boiled eggs for the kids to color. We did a few eggs and the kids colored some awesome Easter coloring pages that Meri printed off. Meri, Joe, Lucas and Ryan gave Ping an awesome Easter basket fulled with all sorts of fun stuff. She got a Smencil, a great big book and some little Easter books. She got some candy too. Ping's favorite I think was the fluffy little lamb that she got. She immediately put it on her backpack when we got home. We gave Lucas and Ryan a basket and gift as well. They seemed to like their stuff. It was a nice relaxing family night out.

Saturday came and I had to take Ping to a birthday party. It was at Pump It Up. Bill dropped us off and went for an oil change. I had to stay at the place 45 minutes after the party ended. That didn't make me happy. It was over 2 hours for the oil change! Ridiculous.

We went to Jumpin Juice and Java so that I could get a chicken salad sandwich and Bill could get a chicken caesar wrap. We brought the sandwiches home. Ping took a bath and then Bill went shopping. The rest of the night was spent catching up on laundry and a little TV.

Easter sunday was fun. Ping hunted for eggs around the house with Daddy. She then got her Easter basket. She was thrilled with it because she got some of the same things that Lucas got. She also got the new Barbie movie "The Mermaid's tail." She got some more sidewalk chalk and a little big of candy. Not much though. We then took Ping to our church's Easter egg hunt. There were very few kids, so Ping got a good ransom. All the kids did. We then went to the cemetery to put a card there for my parents and then we headed off to Sarah's. We had a great time there. It is always nice seeing her family. I enjoy them immensely. I have known them for years. One of Sarah's sisters brought their Mother In Law. She reads cards, so I was lucky enough to get a reading. The reading was excellent. I had to laugh that I was getting a reading on Easter Sunday. What some people would think of that!!!!! The reading was great though. She basically saw everything that has happened to me in the last two years with regards to my parents. She could see that I needed a lawyer for the estate. She could see my Dad's blue eyes. She could see that my Mom couldn't cope when my Dad died. She could see that I had a divorced friend that wasn't a fan of her old apartment. She could see that I had a friend with two boys that cared about me deeply. She said that I had a lot of people in my cards and that they were tremendous. She said I had a lot of good things coming my way. I sure hope so. I enjoyed the reading and the visiting very much. We all did. Ping even said "I am not bored, why do we have to leave." Funny girl.

I did a few things once I got home, but I was really dragging. Bill was too. Ping went to bed late. I fell asleep in the middle of watching something, so I wasn't able to say that it was time to go to bed. Mind you, Bill knows what time Ping goes to bed. So she went up later than she should have! That means I have to pay for it the next day. Bill and I actually watched the same thing for one hour last night. Amazing. We never watch TV together.

This morning came too early. I think I could have slept till noon. However, school awaits. I dropped Ping off and came home and got busy. I put all the Easter decorations away. I cleaned up some stuff in my office. I cleaned the floors in the dining room, kitchen and living room. I did a few other things. Before I knew it, I had to get Ping. Once I got her, we headed to the bank, the post office and the cleaners. We are now home and have been all afternoon. I am on a new liquid diet and it bothers my stomach, so I rather be home then out and about. Ping has been a little devilish today. I am not thrilled with her behavior. She thinks if I can't see her, that I don't know what she is doing. She forgets that I have ears!

Well that is all there is for now. I have some pictures to share with you, so I will go post them now.

Mama Out!!!!!

Ping with her tiara.

Tiara with Mickey ears.

Mickey and Minnie.

Aladdin.

Sleeping Beauty.

Sleeping Beauty.

The Little Mermaid.

Mulan.

Snow White.

Sleeping Beauty.

Mickey and Minnie.

Cinderella.

Cinderella.

Cinderella.

Beauty and the Beast.

Ayi Meri and Lucas.

Meri and Lucas.

Easter eggs.

Ryan.

Sleeping Ryan.

Pump It Up.

Pump It Up.

Pump It Up.

Pump It Up.

Birthday gifts at Pump It Up.

Easter stuff. This is a wand that lights up.

Kissing her cotton candy. Wacky baby.

Loving her new Barbie movie.

Sidewalk chalk.

Ready for the hunt.

Eggs.

On her way.

Maybe there are eggs over here?

Daddy helping Ping.


Dumping her treasures out of the eggs.

No comments: