Saturday, October 30, 2010

Saturday night and I'm all right

Well we finally got to Saturday. I continued the week feeling like it was always the next day. Even today I was thinking it was Sunday. This occasionally happens to me. I have no idea why, but it does.

Wednesday I took the girls to school and then went to the Y. On the way home, I got a call asking me to change my lead test to today vs tomorrow. It worked for me with my schedule, so the lead tester came over and tested the inside and the exterior of the house. Just as we had thought, we have some outside, but none inside. In the afternoon, I took the girls to gymnastics. Yet another opportunity to wear their costumes. I don't mind that everyone suggests that the kids wear costumes, but on the other hand, it's just another step that I have to do for the two or three of them. Costumes, clothes, shoes, helmet, leotard, skates, the right socks, etc. Get my point? It's just a pain in the rear at times. Anyway, the girls only wore their costumes at gymnastics for 10 minutes. Why bother? They had them warm up in them and then take them off. Seemed a little dumb to me, but what do I know?

Thursday ended up being a busy day and yet we had nothing on the schedule. We went to look at gas fireplaces in the afternoon and then took all three kids to get their hair cut. I could barely see Ping's eyes as her bangs were getting long.

Friday was the day that I couldn't be home for more than 10 minutes at a time. I dropped the girls off and went swimming. While I was doing that, Bill went with Manny to the unemployment office. He was in that office for over 2 hours and spent 3 minutes with the person he had to talk to. Big waste of time. Needless to say, I sat in the car for 45 minutes waiting on him. We then flew home where he dropped me off so I could shower and he went to get Yamira. As soon as she was home, we took off for a therapy appointment. Once that was done, we went home to get Daddy and Manny and then we headed off to Ping's school to watch a costume parade. It was really cute. Cold, but cute. We then headed home and Bill had to turn around within the hour to go get Ping. So we were both in and out of the house on Friday. Ping and Daddy ran a few errands and then they came home and watched a few programs together. I closed my eyes for a few minutes and then headed out for a 7:00 pm meeting at the church to discuss the cemetery. I am a Trustee on the Cemetery Committee. There is truly nothing better to do on a Friday night, no? Ha! It was boring as always and the one main pain in the butt showed up as always. He is an elderly man and is really difficult to deal with. So listening to him moan and groan just topped the night off. I was glad to get out of there and to be home by 9:00 pm. I then decided to watch TV, but kept passing out. Finally around midnight I did pass out. I woke up every hour on the hour, but never moved. So I slept on the chair for the night. Not a good idea at all.

This morning I was up at 7:00 am. Ping had soccer at 9:00 am and so everyone had to get ready so we could be there. It was cold out. It was called a "Playdown" today. That is because all of the teams played each other. Medals were given out and then the kids had some snacks. We had a few plans this afternoon, but I decided not to attend anything. To be honest, we are way behind on doing things around the house and it was starting to really bother me. So I got a ton of things done today and will do a bunch more tomorrow. At least I hope I get a ton of stuff done tomorrow before going out to Trick or Treat!

I do have to say how proud I am of Shayla. She got a goal today and she did so by bouncing the soccer ball off her head. Do you think her father or I saw it? NOT! So disappointed that we did not, but so proud of her.

Well that about sums up our couple of days here. Nothing too exciting. Life just keeps moving at a fast pace!

Mama Out!!!!

Gymnastics. Ping in yellow and Yamira in the lady bug costume.

The girls.

Picachu.

Our dragon.

Our dragon.

Neighbor's tree.

Ping.

Playing the blue team.

The team and the coaches.

Showing off their medals.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I like Shayla's haircut. Very grown up.