Thursday, August 26, 2010

Love and hate my central air conditioner!

I am freezing tonight. As I am sitting her, I have a blanket wrapped around me. The new a/c compressor we put in last year works wonders. I love it. It just works too well some nights. Better than broken, right? Maybe if I type fast enough, I will warm up?

What a week it's been. I have had a dear friend that had to go in for a breast biopsy. I have been worried about her, but I believe she will be okay. I have had another dear friend of mine rush to the doctor with suspicious bumps. It's just been a nerve wracking week for those I care the most about. My week has been pretty good. Bill was home the last three days, so we got a ton done and there is nothing better than that. I am sure Bill prefers work after these three days!!!

On Tuesday, I took Manny to therapy. I was able to leave the two girls with Bill at home. Yay! It was nice not having to entertain and listen to them complain while we sat there. The therapy session was very short though. It was only 25 minutes. I am not going to drive 20 minutes there and another 20 back if he isn't going to be in therapy for at least 45 minutes. So I am not sure if I am going to stick with therapy for him. I have him going because he has been through a lot in the last 2 years.

After therapy, I came home and did some things here and Bill did a few necessary errands as well. I got a lot of phone calls made too!

On Wednesday, our social worker and the kid's social worker came to our house for a Disclosure meeting. That is where you get to hear about the kids in your care. We didn't learn anything we didn't know. There were no surprises. We did learn a little bit more about the birth parents, but not a lot. After they left, we went to a store I have always wanted to check out called Cutie Patooties. It's a consignment store. Not my type of store, but had heard a lot about it and was curious as to what they had. They didn't have anything of any interest. We then bought some fresh corn and fresh green beans and then headed to the library. I was looking for something in the Mare book. We then picked out 5 movies for the kids to rent and then headed home!

Today we got up early and Bill went to the dealership to get an oil change for me. He then came home and switched cars so he could return something that would only fit in the Envoy. Once home, we all got in the car and went to Ping and Yamira's school for a sneak peek. It's so the kids can see their classrooms before going to school next week. After we left there, we headed to the library to drop off a few of the videos they watched and then went to get an inspection sticker for my car. Then we dropped off one of our kitchen cabinet doors that I am trying to get replaced due to a break in the door and then to Jordans Furniture to order furniture for Manny and Ping. After dinner for the kids and Bill at Kelly's, we headed home. A long and busy afternoon, but I could not be more thrilled with the stuff that we accomplished.

Bill has to go back to work tomorrow. It's not a bad thing, but I am back to doing it all on my own. It's okay, but having two home during the week is fabulous!!!!

Tonight on the way home, Ping was grilling us regarding her new bedroom. She is confused about what will move with her into her new bedroom and what will be staying behind. So she said "Well what am I going to have for my new bedding?" Yamira replied "You are getting the mermaid bedding." Now Ping knows this, so we were not sure why she was asking, but I think she just wanted to make sure. Even Yamira knows that Ping is getting new bedding and it's a mermaid pattern, that is why she was answering her. It was hysterical because all of a sudden, Ping says to Yamira "Yamira, stay out of my computication with Mommy and Daddy. If you want to computicate with us, you need to ask permission. You need to computicate with yourself using your inside voice. Are we on the same page?" I thought Bill and I were going to bust. It was hysterical. Especially the word computication. It's communication!!!! LOL. I love the way she says the word. She also calls a refrigerator a refridgerlator. Such big words for a little girl. Listening to them all chatter in the back seat or in the house is heart warming and funny at times. Mind you, it goes the other way too! They love and hate each other completely.

Well off to wake the man who is asleep on the couch in the family room! Happy Friday!

Mama Out!!!!!

New hair cuts for the three.



3 comments:

Mechteld Abelli said...

I’ve also been freezing at my seat for more than 6 months! I can very well relate to your experience, minus the blanket – I only have a jacket! Haha! I’d rather be freezing cold than sweating all night long! Do you really think that if I type fast too, that it’ll help warm me up?

-Mechteld Abelli

Darryl Iorio said...

Those kids are so cute! I love the feeling of freezing cold inside the house! It's just so relaxing and relieving coming home to a very cool home after a hard day’s work! Mechteld's right! I'd rather freeze than sweat all night too!

Darryl Iorio

Launce  Newlove said...

Watching your favorite TV series under the covers of a very warm blanket is one of the simplest yet greatest ways to enjoy your stay in the house. Well, it’s okay for me if that’s what I‘ll do for the whole day. I prefer it more than hanging around outside. :p