Monday, February 15, 2010

Every time I blink, days go by.....

It's already Monday! We had a very busy weekend though, so that is why the days have flown by. I should go back a few days and try to remember what we have been busy doing. It's a good exercise for my Alzheimers.

Thursday. Hmmm. I did a few early errands and then I had a 10:00 am doctors appointment. Ping and I spent the rest of the afternoon at home. The appointment ran late, so I was late getting my baby. I did sort through 2,000 photos that day. I need to get them into albums and I like to do it chronologically. I didn't finish, but I got the bulk of it done. We also made out valentine's for Ping's class on Friday.

On Friday, we had a very busy day. Ping had school and then dancing that afternoon. After dancing, we went home to get Daddy and then we headed to Attleboro for dinner with Donna and Brad. The traffic was insane, so it took us over an hour to get there. We left Ping with Nicole and went to the Olive Garden for dinner. We then went back to their home and watched the Olympics with Brad. Nicole, Donna, Tyko the dog and Ping all slept. We got home after 1:00 am.

We got up early on Saturday to take Sasha for a grooming appointment. We dropped her off and Ping and I got haircuts for ourselves right around the corner from where Sasha was. We then went and bought a pair of sneakers for me and a pair of shoes for Bill. Of course we had to make a quick stop at McDonalds so we could look over their inventory of penguins. We found Rico. Yay. Bill and Ping love the Penguins of Madagascar, so the other day when I was getting an ice tea, I bought Private and Skipper. A girl at Ping's dancing had Kowalski and when she heard me talking about how I was collecting them, she gave me him. It was really sweet of her. I insisted that she didn't give it to me, but she said she had more than one of them. Anyway, we have one full set. Unfortunately, Bill and Ping are arguing over whose set it is!!!! UGH. So I think I need to get 4 more.

After picking up Sasha, we headed home to do a few things and then back out for a dinner celebration for Chinese New Year. We had a wonderful time. We went to Jasmine in Auburn. Can't wait to go again. Next time we are doing Japanese. It was so nice celebrating with other families like ours and the girls had a ball.

On Sunday, we got up and gave Ping her Valentine's gifts. I got her a bear, a craft project, a Silvermist lolly and a little heart box of chocolate. Bill bought her a rose. Yes, he bought her a rose, not Mama. It was really sweet and the rose was so pretty. We then headed into Cambridge to have Afternoon Tea. I made reservations some time ago and was looking forward to going. Unfortunately, Bill and I are suffering from a cold. We had a great time, but we would have preferred to be feeling better. We walked over to the Curious George store and got Ping a water bottle, a little ladybug, a little dragon and a Chinese New Year book. We then headed back to get our car out of valet. Once home, we didn't do much of anything. I did do a little cleaning around the house.

Today has been a fairly easy day. I have finished sorting through all of the photos and I am planning on putting them into their albums in a little while. I also went through some old receipts, put away all the Valentine's Day decorations and did a few things at my desk.

I want to thank Meri for the homemade Chinese New Year card that she sent to our family. It was nice of you to take the time to do that. It was also nice of you to remember that it was Chinese New Year for her. We may be American, but we do celebrate her holidays. That is part of embracing her culture. Thanks also go to Meri's mother in law who sent a Valentine's Day card and a coupon for a free ice cream treat. That was so sweet of her to do that for Ping. We were very touched. It's always nice when people think of our daughter. So thanks Meri and Dawn for remembering her. A simple card thrills my daughter. She loves getting mail. I have to say that I am a tad disappointed that some people didn't remember to send her a Valentine's Day card. I don't know if they forgot or just didn't think about it or didn't care. It hurts though. However, I am not going to let it aggravate me. I had a great weekend and I am very lucky for my husband, our daughter and the great friends who love us.

Well I will now post some pictures!

Mama Out!!!!!

Donna and Brad.

Donna, Bill, Ping, Tyko and Nicole.

Ping waiting on dinner.

Marjorie and Timmy.

Playing with chopsticks.

Tom, Jessica, Katie and others.

Table one.

Action shot.

Ping leading the pack.

Marjorie and Diana.

The girls fawning over Diana.

Sophia and Felicia.

The whole gang.

Ping kissing her gift which was tape. She loves tape.

Ping with her rose.

Ready for tea.

Tea for three.




Pretty folding doors.


Downstairs room.

Downstairs room.


Ping loving her hot chocolate.

Ping eating her cupcake.

No comments: