Friday, February 19, 2010

Where did this vacation week go?

This vacation happened faster than I could blink my eyes. We had a great week. Bill and I still were fighting a cold, but he is all better now. I still have the remnants. Mostly my voice. It's so strained, so it's hard to hear. Quite annoying.

Tuesday it snowed pretty heavily. I got up early and took Ping to school because it was the first day for Kindergarten sign up. I signed her up for full day. She really wants to go full day and both Bill and I feel that it will be good for her. I am going to miss her so much though, I really am. I love spending my afternoons with my girl. Even if it's just us hanging out at home. We do feel that this will help her transition into first grade better as well. In order to sign her up, I had to have a bill for my house, her birth certificate, proof we have a mortgage and medical information. I was semi-prepared. I didn't know about the mortgage information being needed.

Once we registered Ping for school, we headed across town to do a few errands. Bill was taking my car the next day, so I wanted to accomplish as much as I could. I didn't want to do too much though as it was very slippery due to the snow.

That evening, I did take her to ice skating. The place was 1/2 full. Most people stayed home. That wasn't a bad thing. We then dropped off Bill's car at the mechanics.

Wednesday, Bill had my car. We stayed home all day. I slept in and then took care of some things around here. We picked his car up that night.

On Thursday, I got up at a decent hour. Ping has really been getting up early. More so than on school days which is kind of odd for her. We had plans to go to the Asa Waters Mansion for 2:00 pm. We were attending a story time tea. We got a welcome surprise when we arrived. A friend of Ping's and mine were there. I have gotten to know this little girl's mom while our girls dance together. So the mom was there with her two girls. We were able to sit near each other and chat. It was great. Ping and I had a really nice time at the tea. Once tea was over, we headed home.

Today we had an appointment at 10:00 am. After the appointment, I had to make two returns, go to the bank and get gas. Boring stuff that needs to be done. We had a 1:00 pm play date in Lancaster with my friend Christine and her lovely family. She has 4 children. Her oldest Beka occasionally has babysat for Ping. We had a wonderful time there. Ping played with her two youngest boys and us moms sat on the couch and just chatted up a storm. We were there for hours. We could have been there for hours more, but it was getting late and we were all tired from the week.

We have plans tomorrow and Sunday as well. By the time Ping goes to school, we will need another week off to rest. I was really hoping to sleep in a little every day this week, but it never really worked out for more than one day. Every day Ping was in my face, "You getting up Mama?" Um, sure Ping! Anyway, we haven't been out in awhile, so it's been really nice to be out and about.

Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

Mama Out!!!!!!

Ping at tea.

Kirsten, Phoebe, Molly, Ping and me.

Ping looking at me and the girls looking at their mom.

The girls looking at me and Ping now looking at their mom.

Tea service.


Handmade sign.

Tea room.

Story time.

Ping loving the red scarf she got to go with the story.

How she sits like that is beyond me.

Waiting for story to be over.

Master bedroom in mansion.

Collection of villages.


Dress forms.


Ping looking up.

Ping and Molly.



Ping enjoying the fruit cup.

Ping in the sun.

Ping holding her new red mittens she won.

Phoebe, Ping and Molly. So sweet.

No comments: