Thursday, May 27, 2010

I am awake!!!!!

I know it sounds funny to say that I am awake, but I have been taking a new prescription lately and while it works on the problem I was having, it makes me a ZOMBIE. I seriously could fall asleep at a red light. So I have been instructed just to take it at night. To be honest, I don't think it's going to help because I have been taking in in the evening, but I will give it another try! If it continues to make me feel like I have been drugged, than no matter how much I was happy it was fixing the original issue I was having, I am not going to take it any more. If I was 80 and all I had to do was finish my afghan for the day and watch the soaps, that would be fine, but I am a mom and I am on the road a lot. I can't be asleep at the wheel. Yesterday I took an on and off nap for nearly 5 hours. Today I did it again for 2 hours. So to say that I am awake is a good thing. I am hoping I am shaking the sleepiness! Enough about that!

I am trying to think what we have done since I last wrote. Probably slept, that is the problem!!! Sunday we went to an adoption party. As usual, we came home empty handed. It's not like we would have brought a child home that day but we didn't even walk away with any prospects. Pretty disappointing to say the least. After the party, we went to Donna's house to visit for an hour or so. We then rushed home so that Bill and Ping could go to a movie. First movie ever for Ping. They went to see "How to Train Your Dragon." They had a great time! Ping wanted to know why everything was so BIG. Too cute!

On Monday, the three of us played hooky. Very rare. In fact, we really never do that. Bill was on call all last week at night for the fire department. There were one to two calls every single night. We had a busy weekend on top of that. So I suggested to Bill that he call in. Nobody at Bill's work reads this blog, so I feel like I can share the truth here. Anyway, Ping didn't go to school and I didn't go to swimming. I felt guilty about that, but things had to be done. The three of us went to get Bill a coat for Memorial Day. His dress coat is a hand me down and never fit properly! We had to go over to a special place in Fitchburg. They didn't have his size, so we need to go back. We then went and purchased a ton of flowers for the cemetery. We plant at my Mom and Dad's stone, my grandmother's and my great aunt and uncles. So after we purchased our plants and did another errand, we came home to eat and then went to the cemetery to plant. We finished late. While Ping took a bath, I headed off to a wake for my Mother's cousin.

On Tuesday, I had to go to CASA to get briefed on a new case. After we left there, we headed home. Ping wanted to work on one of her new puzzles. She loves puzzles. I bought her some new puzzles for the age of 6 and up. She does the other ones too fast!!! In the afternoon, I took her to her ice skating class.

Yesterday afternoon we spent at home. Around 4:30 pm I sat down and fell asleep. I proceeded to wake and pass out and wake and pass out. I was sitting in the living room with Ping. She was working on a puzzle and watching a few new videos I got from a Freecycler. They are VHS, but we have a VHS machine, so why not add to the collection. Ping loves videos. She loves cartoons on Boomerang too.

Today we stayed home because I was tired still and Ping wanted to do a new puzzle. She tries to do a new one and be done by the time that Daddy is home. She loves it when Daddy comes home and tells her how proud of her he is. Mind you, I tell her that all day. I can't be bothered with puzzles. Don't ask me why, but I find it an exercise in frustration!!! After you are done, you just need to break it up and put it away, right? I am not into gluing and all that stuff.

Well I must be running. Bill just came in from working on the yard and Miss Ping needs to hit the sheets.

Hope you are surviving this hot week!

Mama Out!!!!!!!!

Presents from Sarah and Brad.

New flatware from Sarah and Brad.

New Happy Birthday teacup from Sarah and Brad.

Ladybug from Donna.

Ping and Daddy planting.

Final product. Looks little, but there is plenty of flowers that need to bloom there.

Finished.

My happy family.

Dress parade.

No comments: