Thursday, October 21, 2010

I can't believe this!!!!!

I just spent the last hour blogging and one slip of the finger erased everything I had done. EVERYTHING. So upsetting. I just can't believe it. Here I go again.

Monday was the start of a full week of Bill staying home. I got up first thing in the morning and drove the kids to school and then went on to swimming. Later that afternoon, I spent the day texting with a friend and it wasn't good. We were arguing about something. I personally thought it should be discussed over the phone, but she didn't want to talk. Can't get someone to do something they don't want to do. That evening, I took Ping to her Daisy meeting and while waiting for her, I was able to speak to my wonderful friend Sarah. Mind you this conversation took place in a church. I literally sat in a pew in the pitch black while texting. Bill had a good day as he was able to get blood work done in Norwood. He had to take Manny along, but it went fine he said. It was a day that I had to get a lot done, but it was wasted on stupid stuff. I wasn't happy about that. I will say that I am grateful for one thing today. Yamira's sweet teacher said she read my blog occasionally and she read that Yamira had a problem with her tibias, so she wanted to know if she should have Yamira sit a certain way at school. I am not saying this just because she may occasionally read the blog, but truly she is one of the best teachers I could ever have hoped for my girls. Not that many people would take such a huge interest in their students. Many do, but many don't. This is why I am always praising the school my children attend. I am so grateful I was able to get Yamira into preschool there. So I am so grateful for the interest in my children. Thank you.

On Tuesday, I took the kids to school and went swimming. I then went to St. Vincents hospital for some blood work. I was there for over an hour. However, I was really lucky. I didn't have to entertain Manny for over an hour while he sat in a stroller and had a fit. He was home with Bill. I also didn't sit like a nervous wreck watching the clock for 11:00 am to roll around because that is the time I have to get Yamira from school. Normally I would have had to leave to get her. So I was fortunate I could get my blood work done alone and Bill could take care of the kids. Between Monday and Tuesday, I felt so odd because I didn't have Manny with me and I always have Manny with me. I actually missed him a little. Loved the freedom though. After getting my labs drawn, I went to the cafeteria and got myself a great salad and then I headed to Target and Staples. After heading home for a quick shower, we jumped in the car to get Ping at school and then head to the girl's ice skating lessons. They had a great time as always. We then rushed home to get them dinner and then Bill took them to the Health and Book Fair at school. He never has taken the three of them together anywhere. I was a little concerned about it, but he did well. I felt incredibly guilty for not going, but I had a facial appointment. My face has been as dry as a bone! I was going to cancel when I realized it was the same night, but in the end I decided not too. I don't ever go out without the kids. I take them everywhere. I just figured that taking an hour for myself didn't make me a bad person. However, I still feel a little guilty!!!!

On Wednesday, I dropped the girls off and headed to swimming again. I then headed home to shower and get ready for an appointment with the kids' social worker. She tries to come and visit them once a month. Yamira and Manny were so thrilled to see her. She is a sweetie. So Yamira showed off her new bedroom like a proud peacock. Holli loved all of the kid's rooms. After Holli left, I did a few things at my desk and Bill headed off to get Ping. Manny was sleeping, so I stayed home and Bill took the two girls to gymnastics. I have always taken them, so again I felt guilty for not going, but I wanted Bill to know where it was in the event I can't take them at some point. The girls came bounding in the door at 5:00 pm or so. We then got some snacks while the girls changed and we headed back out the door to go to Roger William's Zoo for the Pumpkin Walk. I don't normally take the kids out on a school night. I was brought up by parents who were strict and didn't believe in going out on school nights and now I am the same way. However, last night was supposed to be the warmest night of the week and also a night with no rain. The walk is only going on for another week and I really wanted to go last year and didn't, so I bit the bullet and decided we would go on a school night. Well I wasn't the only one who thought that I would beat the crowd for going on a Wednesday night. The place was packed. They say that Thursday through Saturday is crowded, so I thought a Wednesday night would be perfect. I guess several had the same idea! So it took us quite some time to get to the start of the walk inside the zoo, but it could have been much longer. We had a fabulous time. The walk was great. The pumpkins were spectacular. The kids did really well for the most part as well. Yamira couldn't stop touching things, so I had to battle with her, but she was still pretty good for most of it. I am so proud of Yamira for coming so far in these four months. She asked me tonight if she could give me a hug. That is hug. I have been trying to teach her about people's personal space and that you have to ask people if she may give them a hug. So I was so proud of her for asking me tonight. She also asked Holli yesterday, but I did prompt her. Yamira has only been with us for 4 months and she really has truly come a long way. Her tantrums are so much shorter. She can sit still for longer periods of time. She does not call everyone mom and dad like she used to. She seems to care if she acts out. She will say sorry after. We still have a long ways to go, but she is making great strides. Anyway, we did not get home from the zoo till 10:00 pm. So we had to drag three dead weight bodies to bed and change them while they stayed in a stupor. I myself passed out in my chair and stayed there till this morning!

Today I got up and showered instead of getting into my bathing suit. I had a meeting this morning with the school psychologist. She is evaluating Yamira for any services she may need. After meeting with her, I went to get my hideous car washed and then went to the bank. I came home to meet with my contractor, but he had to leave early, so we didn't get to hook up. I got a call that the cushion I was having made for Ping was ready, so I headed into Worcester to get the cushion and then headed over to my friend Kirsten's house. We haven't seen each other for months. We have been trying desperately to get together, but we are always so busy with our own kids and their schedules. So because Bill could stay home with Manny and Yamira, I was able to go over for a few hours to try to catch up on life. Our time together was way too short because we both had to go and pick up our girls from school. However, it was great to see her. Can't wait to do it again in a few weeks. So I headed out to get Ping and then home for the night. Ping did some homework with her Daddy and then he headed out to grocery shop while I got the kids in bed. Now I am catching up here. Make that twice now. So frustrating.

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day. We are going to watch the girls run in something called a Buddy Walk. Then we are coming home to meet with the contractor and then I have to take Yamira to therapy. Tomorrow night, Bill is going to a concert, so I will be home with the kiddos alone.

I am off to post some pictures of the pumpkins and then to get onto the next project because it's getting late and tomorrow is a busy day.

Hope you have had a great week.

Mama Out!!!!!!

Welcome sign.

Beginning of walk.

Totem pumpkins.

Lucy.

Very cool.

Zebra.

Big pumpkins eating small ones.

Big pumpkin.

Big ones and a ton on poles.

Scary.

Looked cool.

Huge.

Huge.

The girls.

Manny look at Mama.

Yamira ran in front as I was getting the other two, so I got three.

Tired bunch.

Our gang!!!!

No comments: