Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I am just so sad!

Most of you who follow my blog already know this, but for those of you who don't, I will share why I have been a little absent.

Last Friday, my husband opened the windows in our family room. He does this all the time because our 4 furbabies love to sit in the windows. Well 3 of the girls out of our 4 escaped!!!! We were able to get one back within a few hours. 2 are still missing. I am very heartbroken over this. I spent the weekend searching and crying hysterically. My girls are so very important to me. They are our family. Things have not been the same with them not here.

We have tried so many things! We have 5 cages set up. We have tried food everywhere and nowhere. In the cages, outside the cages. We have spread catnip everywhere and have sprayed apple cider vinegar as it dulls human scents. We have tried special sprays that calm cats. We have really tried it all. We have seen the two around. Not daily, but we have seen them. We have tried two rescue each one once now, but have failed at our attempts. So here we are, approaching a week later and they are still outside:(

Today Bill went to the doctors. He has pneumonia! He has not felt great since we returned from China. So he is out of work for the next two days!

I have tried to keep it together this week for Ping's sake, but it's hard. I was okay this afternoon, but started feeling sad and having a lot of anxiety again a few hours ago. I miss them so much. Having a child does not change the fact that I want my girls inside my home safe and sound. These two are feral cats and sisters. They have been together for 3 1/2 or so years. We have had them since they were 9 months old. My mom trapped them and took them to the vets for their shots and to be spayed. I promised my mom I would always take care of the girls. I have failed her and it's pains me to even think about it. It's all I think about though!

I am not a huge prayer person as I am not sure where religion fits into my life, but I have been praying a lot these last few days. Please say your prayers or think good thoughts for us please. I want my girls home. I will be the happiest person in the world if they would return!

Thanks!

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Oh Jill!!! I'm so sorry to hear about your kitties escaping! I hope they find their way back soon.

Christina said...

Please don't look at this as failing your mom. Your mom of all people knew how ornery these girls could be! This is a result of their nature to escape, not any failure on your part.

You know cats... they think this is all a great game they are playing with you. What fun--all of these smells and this food that our human sister Jill has put out! Just like all games, they will grow tired of this one, I'm sure of it. I think about you often and hope you are able to nab the little escapees quickly so you can regain your peace.

Take care of your heart and of Bill. I hope he is on the mend quickly!