Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Time marches on....

Let me see if I can back up and cover the last couple of days.

Friday, we went to Norwood to attend a rehearsal dinner with our friends Maura and Patrick. We were not in the wedding, but Maura wanted us to attend since I rolled 175 scrolls for the wedding. I offered:) She lives in Arizona now, so I don't see her often:(

Ping was whiny all day and that really isn't like her. I had a feeling something was up. Well as the hours ticked away at the party, I noticed her getting hotter and more lethargic! We were not sure what was going on. At the advice of many, we got her some Motrin at CVS on the way home to our house. I got the chewables. I gave her one. By the time we got home, she was cooler, but clearly she was not herself.

Woke up Saturday early morning and she was at hot as hell. She was just staring at me. I gave her more Motrin and called the doctor. They fit us in. So we rushed off to see the pediatrician as we had a wedding to get ready for an it's an hour from where we live. I don't rush her off every time she gets sick, but she has never had a fever before. The doctor said she had a sore throat. Poor baby. It was not Strep. That I was thankful for. We rushed home, got ready in record time and headed to the wedding. We got there as the first bridesmaid walked down the aisle! SCORE!!!! Stressful, but we did it. The wedding was a full mass. Ping did great. After the vows though, she did yell out as daddy told her not to do something. It's okay, I melted into the floor!!! LOL. Baba took her to the back of the church. She came back shortly after fully recovered!

The reception was next door. That was from 3-9 and then there was an after party. Ping did great at the whole thing, except she passed out at the after party. It was 10pm after all. She seemed to be good with the Motrin, so I was happy. Everyone thought she was adorable and well behaved. Music to my ears. I like to know that others think she is well behaved, it's important to me that she isn't a terror.

Sunday we got up late. We did a bunch of stuff around here and an errand. Bill took Ping to muster practice and then we had dinner with Meri, Joe and Lucas. It was nice to be out with friends for a quiet dinner even though the kids keep the dads hopping!!

Monday, I had an appointment in the afternoon at her preschool. It was only 1/2 hour long. We did a few errands after and came home. Bill had school, so it was double duty day for me!

Yesterday, the two of us did a few errands and then headed to her ear appointment. The tubes are doing well and she is hearing much better. YAY! Afterwards we went home where she and daddy met up and headed out to grocery shop and mom went off for a pedicure:) Not that anyone sees my feet with my Lymphedema, but it's good for my nails to be cut, etc.

Today Ping and I had a 9am appointment, but I cancelled it. We had a 10:30 playgroup, but I decided we wouldn't go. We had an hour long open house at her preschool and also a playgroup this afternoon, so I figured the day was busy enough. The morning playgroup was cancelled anyway. I was glad, because I enjoy that one a lot and the thought of missing it was disappointing! We are home now and Ping is asleep on the couch. Odd for her, but it was a busy day so she must be tired. I wouldn't mind a nappy myself.

Ping has lately been coming up to me, throwing her arms around me and saying "love you mama." Is that not the sweetest thing ever? She is truly a joy. I can not imagine life without her. I want her to be this age forever. No growing up, no getting married, no having kids. None of that growing up nonsense. I just want it to be her and me and Baba (occasionally) and we won't ever age!!!!! Where is the fountain of youth? How about the fountain of skinny? Let me know where both are and I am there with bells on the pedicured toes!!!!!

Well for now I must go. Not the most exciting post, that is for sure. However, I have a bunch of stuff I must do now. Hope to talk more next time!

Mama Out!

XO

2 comments:

Julie said...

Yes, I want my son to stay the age he is forever also...until he gets into something else!

Ping is a sweetie and I'm so glad you have fun out in public with her.

Christina said...

She did REALLY well at the wedding! Love the sweet story. :)