Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Up Ze Arse!

My sweetest Ping has been a tad whiny and smothering the last two days! That is unless the king known as Baba walks in to the house. She is so sweet and loving and kissy and huggy and then boom, Mama turns into the ordinary boring Cinderella with an ill fitting sneaker! Drives me mad. She is still hanging on me and climbing up to get behind me on the chair. I can usually tolerate it and then she pulls my hair in the process and I just want to scream. I then try to remember that there are millions of people in this world who would give their life to have a child hang on them. They may still be in the process of trying to have children or they may be losing or have lost a child to an illness or accident. So I continue to let her hang on me. This is what being a parent is all about.

I think I am getting this parenting thing down a little bit. I still struggle and most definitely always will, but it is getting better. We have truly lucked out with Ping. If she wasn't such a delight, I may have holed myself up in my house with the shades down. However, she is a fairly easy child. She is so friendly and that is wonderful. If she was shy and clingy, it would certainly be harder. She is quite the social butterfly!!!!!

I saw Lily today for the first time in a long time. She was out during the day. I was shocked!!!!! She was in the back of the house. She spotted me and fled. I have never seen a cat run like that. It scared me as it was across the street:( A car came up the street 2 minutes later. I saw her run up a hill, to one side and then to another side. Then she disappeared out of site. I can only hope she calmed herself down!!!!! I worry about her. I really hope we are able to bring her back in. It hurt my feelings that she dashed from me like she did. If anything, she was the one that really seemed to love me. I know it's cause she is feral. That is what my head says, but my heart is different. Please continue to think good thoughts for us. Thanks!!!!!

Mama out.

3 comments:

Christina said...

Checking in to see if you'd heard anything about Lily.

Try not to take it personally. Remember how we'd see our parents go to call for us on summer days when we were young, but we'd run the other way because we were having fun and didn't want to come in? It didn't mean we didn't love our parents...

((Hugs))

Special K said...

Sending you hugs.

Julie said...

I'm so sorry about Lily. I don't have the words for you except that I know how you feel.