Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Long Day

I am on double duty today. Bill had to work and then go to school. So my dearest Ping has been up my _________ for hours now! I look at the alternative and it stinks, so I rather have her under my foot 24/7 than not. It makes for a long day though. Come home BABA!!!!!!!!

Ping's newest thing is sharing my computer chair. Makes life a tad uncomfortable. It's difficult to type and my back bugs me when she sits with me. She likes to sit behind me. She is crawling back up here now! It's really cute when she throws her arms around me and says "hi mama." It's still not comfy though!

There isn't much to share tonight. There have been no sightings today:( It was raining here awhile ago, so maybe that is keeping them in and safe? We have caught the local skunk 3 times and also a black and white cat. However, not our girls. I am trying not to lose hope, but damn it is so hard. It is so unsettling not knowing if they are okay or not. I guess that is preferable to knowing that they are NOT okay!!!

We were going to go away for a few days next week, but I have decided to cancel. I am not in the mood to be anywhere but home. It's more important to be here. There is one Sophie and one Lily. The other stuff will be there next week and next year. We were going for our 5th anniversary next Saturday. We will go another time. Bill has been out of work some with his pneumonia too, so he might as well work and take some time off in the future. I was looking forward to it though!!!!

It's hard to share the info on the cats with people. Even here. A lot of people don't get it. They never loved an animal or they never loved an animal like a family member. Some people get pets for their "kids" but don't care about the animal really. Some people get pets as they are disposable to them. Not here. When we take on a pet, we take it on for life. We do whatever we can to make them happy and we love them for life. That is why missing the girls is with me daily. I will not be getting over it tomorrow. I may never get over it. Time heals, but I would prefer that they return here pissed off and then I can move on to a better place:)

I hope my blog hasn't become boring. I know I haven't had any major Ping stories to share. That is a good thing for me:) That means I am getting used to her and her to me. More importantly, she is getting used to the routine and my wrath. LOL. Honestly though, she hasn't done anything really out of control lately. Mind you, now that I have put that out there, she will.

If she is going to sit behind me, why can't she at least massage my shoulders???? I have asked repeatedly and she just stares at me with those big brown eyes!!!!! Well I guess I will have to continue to work with her on that.

Gotta run and get some stuff done!

Mama Out.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Just checking in to see you caught your furbabies yet. Our Scout disappeared last night. I didn't even know he had made it out of the house but I've been looking for him all day. When I told Ron he called in sick so he can help look for him. I totally understand what you mean.

Christina said...

I'm sure the local skunk loves you. You are not boring!

Get Ping to play with your hair if she is going to sit back there! It's very relaxing.