Monday, December 15, 2008

What a good Mama I am

Ping didn't have school today, so I slept in a little. As usual she did a little arranging downstairs, but nothing bad. I am not sure why she needs to rearrange, but it's cute. We had a bunch of errands to do today. We headed to the bank, post office, Target, S&S Farms, Target and Jungle Jim's which is a florist. I bought a kissing ball for my mother in law and a kissing ball for my parents. The one I got for Bill's mom is decorated. The other one is not, so I will be getting some decorations for it tomorrow. I really want it to be pretty as it's the only thing I can get for them. So I hope tomorrow I can find a pretty ribbon and some baubles for it.

I had terrible stomach issues this afternoon when we got home, so I wasn't as mobil as I would have liked to be. Bill didn't have school tonight as it's still closed. It's a pain as this was his last night and now everything is being rescheduled and the times are not conducive to our schedules! So since we were home, we decided to decorate the gingerbread house that I bought weeks ago. Ping was so excited. When I said to her "do you want to decorate the gingerbread house?" She was like AHA MAMA!!!!!! Never seen her with such passion in her AHAs! I am such a nice Mama for getting one, no? DISASTER! I have never seen a gingerbread house decorating party go well. Tonight was no different. We finally gave up as it kept falling apart. We will finish it tomorrow night. We are waiting for it to "settle." Here are some photos of us decorating.

Mama Out!!!

Watching Daddy decorate. Like the Shaggy DA look?

Eagerly waiting to decorate.

Trying so hard to get that pretty lattice work on the roof.

Being silly.

The roof collapse! Bill put it back on several times, but finally broke in two. Huge gaping hole in the back on the side. Hopefully tomorrow will be better!!!!!!


1 comment:

Kim said...

I share your pain with the gingerbread house. Since we never eat them, next year Michael said he was putting the house together with Liquid Nails, let it dry, and then decorate with icing!!! Love the logic of a husband!!