Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Hotter than hell

I am so grateful that we have central a/c. If we didn't, I surely would be a puddle on the floor. It's been in the high nineties the last few days!

Yesterday I didn't want to go out because it was hot, but I needed to do a run for dishwasher detergent, juice, chocolate milk and a few other things. I was melting from the store to the car with the bags. It takes a little extra time getting in the car now. I have three that need to get in and buckled. I was so furious at the store yesterday. Over the loud speaker, they announced that there was a dog in a car that had been removed and was at the service desk. I went up to look of course. I then promptly told them that they should not be reuniting dog and person, but calling the MSPCA. I was so angry. I am glad I didn't see who the dog's jackass is or I would have run him over with my cart among other things. I also told them to call the police. They said they did, but when I got to the car, I still called the police myself. They said that the dog officer had been alerted and was on his way. Seriously? He is the biggest ass. I am not sure the lazy dog officer could put down his coffee cup for such a mission. Can you tell that I have met him? Lazy and indifferent. I can't help but wonder what happened to the little dog. He was a Jack Russell and adorable. If they let me, I would have brought him home with me.

Unfortunately, we had to leave the house again at 12:30 pm for a 1:00 pm appointment at the Faces clinic at Umass. Both Manny and Yamira had doctors appointment. Going to Faces is one of those things you have to do when a child comes into your care. They are both fine. Manny has a rash and so a prescription was called in for that. He is a little underweight and not exactly at his height potential, but he is fine. Yamira is great on weight, but a little low on height. We were there for nearly two hours. Once home, I knew that there was no way I was going back out. I stopped at CVS for the prescription, but they hadn't filled it yet, so I decided to go back today to get the prescription.

The rest of the day was spent playing inside and watching movies. There was no way we were going out to play with the heat being so intense. It's not good for anyone's lungs to be out in that!

Today was equally hot. They say it was cooler, but it wasn't in the Worcester area. I had to get up early. The funny thing is for the first time since the kids have been here, they slept in!!!!! Figures. We all got up and ready by 8:15 am because I had Early Intervention coming at 8:30 am to evaluate Manny. He passed with flying colors. I am not surprised. He is very bright. So he didn't qualify for anything. I can bring him to playgroups, but I can't bring the other two, so that is out until sometime in the fall when the girls go to school.

The ladies were not here long, maybe a little over an hour. The kids played in the playroom and then it was time for lunch. I fed them and we headed back out into this heat for a 1:00 pm appointment with Yamira's therapist. She saw Yamira alone today. I battled Manny the entire time in the waiting room. It was a miserable time for me. Not much fun for him either I suppose. Once we left there, we came home.

I got out the Play-doh for the kids. Ping was thrilled, but the others didn't stay with it long. Bill came home, we fed them dinner and then it was off to bed. Manny didn't nap today and when he does not nap, he is a terror!

Ping is a hoot. Twice she has said to me "and how is that working out for you Mama." Sassy little beast. I have been saying that a lot lately, I guess she is getting it from me. It's funny when you words come out of the mouth of your child. She is too funny for words.

Yesterday didn't go well. Today went better. I hope tomorrow will be a good day. We are heading to the playground early in the am!

Hope you are staying cool my friends!

Mama Out!!!!!!

No comments: