Monday, July 12, 2010

Soccer Camp

Ping started soccer camp at 9:00 am today. I got up early, got the three kids ready, threw a banana at them and told them to hurry it up. We dashed off to the field and then headed off to the bank and to the store. After schlepping the stuff in from the store and putting it all away, we headed back out to get Ping. She is attending camp till Thursday from 9:00-12:00 pm. The poor thing was hotter than heck. It was hot out there today and to be running around a field for three hours is exhausting.

Once we got in the car, Ping started to strip off her sneakers and her shin pads and lastly, her soccer socks. She was just that hot and bothered. Yamira told Ping on the way to the house that she was well behaved at the store. Ping said to Yamira "That is great Yamira, you should try to be a good girl all the time. I know you can be. If you are a good girl, you don't have to go into time out as often." Then Ping continued the conversation with "Even if you do go in time out, it's not that bad. It's only 5 minutes. Yamira replied "Yeah, 5 minutes isn't all that bad." The conversation was hilarious. They are so matter of fact about stuff!

Once we got in the house, Ping changed and they all ate lunch. Ping complained to Daddy sometime yesterday that her ear hurt. When she woke up this morning, she told me her ear hurt. She isn't a complainer, so I knew it must be bothering her a great deal. So after lunch, we piled back into the car for a 1:00 pm doctors appointment. The doctor couldn't see any redness, but she couldn't tell if there was water in her ear due to a wax issue. So she sent me on my way with a suggestion to try Colace and flushing it with water. Colace is a stool softener! LOL.

After work, Bill got the Colace for Ping and a colored ink for the printer since I had no luck finding the ink earlier. I was going to go get the Colace, but Manny needed a nap and I couldn't bear to do one more errand with the three of them.

Manny napped and the girls watched a movie. It was quiet for a few short moments. I got Ping signed up for Fall soccer. She seemed to love it today and wanted to continue, so I got her signed up even though registration was awhile ago.

Daddy came home with the Colace and I put it in her ear and had her relax for 15 minutes, but it didn't seem to work well. I will try it again tomorrow. If that doesn't help her, then I need to call her ear doctor. Hope I don't have to do that.

The kids were all in bed and asleep by 8:45 pm, which is later than I wanted, but it happens.

My good friend Maura called me tonight and we were able to do some much needed catching up. Now I need to head to bed because my baby just found me and she wants me upstairs now!!!!

Mama Out!!!!!!

No comments: