Monday, July 5, 2010

July 4th Weekend

We had a really decent weekend. On Saturday, after we did a few things around here, we headed to New Bedford. Not somewhere I would normally go, but they were having a big Arts and Crafts festival with music and food. I didn't care about the music or the food, but wanted to walk around and look at the crafts. The area was cute. The streets were cobblestone which was not easy on the stroller, but the weather was gorgeous and we had a nice time being outside. I bought Manny a hat and a red bear, Yamira an aqua colored bear and Ping got a stuffed giraffe and a bell that was painted like a ladybug. It was just really nice to be out and about. The drive was long, but we had a good time and it was worth it.

On Sunday, we went to Donna and Brad's house. They were having a little pool party, so we headed there for 2:30 pm or so. I was in the pool for a good part of the day. Ping was in the pool from the minute we got there till the time we left. She literally even ate pool side. She kept her feet on the steps while she ate. I told her I was not going back to China to get her new feet. She just looked at me like I was crazy. I am, I admit it. Her feet were beyond prune, they were like dehydrated fruit! She had a ball though. Yamira swam for most of the time we were there as well. Bill got in the pool for a little while too. Everyone ate with the exception of me. I have been feeling so nauseous lately. I can't stand it. I had a little macaroni salad, but that was it. It was really nice out and we had a great time.

Today Bill was home due to the holiday. I stayed in bed for a long time today. I was tired. I will be up for most of the night for sure. I usually am. It was a good day even though it was pretty boring. Bill did a little bit of mowing, I worked on the bills and some other things at my desk. Bill also is doing the laundry. All boring, but necessary stuff. One of those things is catching up on the blog which is what I am doing now!

All in all, it was a good weekend and the kids behaved pretty well. I am so grateful for that. I hope you had a great long weekend!

Mama Out!!!!!

Silly girls horsing around.

Ping being a goofy bird.

Ping and Yamira.

The crew.

Ping in the pool.

Manny in the boat.

Yamira floating around.

No comments: