Saturday, August 9, 2008

First day it did not rain in MA!

Today was a beautiful day here. It's been raining non-stop for what seems like forever. We have been stuck in a terrible weather pattern. We are getting awful thunderstorms daily!

I am still working with a one wheel wheelchair here. I will get a new computer soon. Life has just been too crazy.

On Thursday, our dearest Sophie escaped again. Bill and Ping were in the garage and when they came in, Ping was behind daddy. He saw her close the door, but I guess she didn't do so tightly. So about 3 minutes later, I notice the door is open and I yell to Bill and he runs towards the door. In the meantime, I go to the front windows and see Sophie head over the banking that is in front of our home. I was crushed. I felt like the bottom of my world dropped out from under me again! I am still scarred from the last time this happened. We are the girls guardians and we are doing a terrible job of watching over them. I have had cats my entire life and have never had so many issues. These girls are royalty in my home. They are treated that way. I just can't believe this has happened again. I miss her so much. Life just isn't good right now. Bill is in our garage trying to see if he can lure her with food. He did just see her on our property. I just feel that with each day she is outside, she is exposed to the elements and a cruel world. I would jump for joy if I could get her in. Then I am locking the doors and not letting anyone in or out. I just pray I get that opportunity! Please hope for the best for us.

Yesterday I spent the day crying off and on. There was one small part of the day that was wonderful. I just have to share this with you because I am in awe of my daughter. Ping literally crawled up onto me as I sat in a chair in tears. She literally took her fingers and wiped away my tears while saying "I'm sorry mama."This has got to be the most remarkable girl in the entire world. I mean she is freaking 3? Where does she get this wonderful sensitivity? I just don't expect it from a child of 3. Her adjustment here has been fantastic. It's like she has been here her entire life. I don't know how her foster parents in China let her go, I really don't. They must have been wonderful people. I just wish they along with her birth parents could see her now! I just look at her and want to freeze the moment. She is happy and I don't want that to ever change. I don't want her to grow older. I don't want to grow older. I want to spend the rest of my life with this child. I don't want her to go off to college and maybe marry and move away. I don't know if I can take that. Maybe after the teenage years, it will be a warm welcome:) I just adore this little girl. I don't know how life could have been so perfectly lined up for her to be in my life. There were so many struggles to get to this point. I couldn't imagine another child though. Not only is she a sweetie, but she has the best sense of humor! She gets me and it's wonderful. Tonight I went to sit on that same chair and she beat me to it! She loves to do that. If I go to lay down, she lays in my spot. So anyway, I stand over her and chat for a few. I then say to her "daddy is calling you baby." So she of course scrambles because she loves daddy and thinks daddy wants her. So she runs into the family room and I fly into the chair she was sitting on and cover myself with a blanket. She comes back around the corner, sees me and falls into a fit of laughter. We were both laughing hysterically. I kept saying "I got you, I got you!!!!" She totally got what I did to her:) So we laughed and hugged and kissed and laughed some more. It was so adorable. She is such a joy. I love that she gets my humor and that she herself has a sense of humor. Again, she is only 3, so I am totally amazed!!!

So not much else to report right now. It's been a sad few days for us. I will say that I am crazy busy with planning for Ping's party, having a lot of other house stuff done and preparing for my mom's estate taxes. It's been overwhelming and adding to my sadness. It just doesn't ever seem to stop! I am always on the phone with business calls and such! It's a daunting task. I am sure it will get better at some point. I at least hope so!

Take care everyone!

XO

1 comment:

Julie said...

I hope Sophie returns soon. What a sweet tribute to Ping.