Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I am dead tired

Yesterday I decided to hand clean 30 window screens. Needless to say, it wasn't fun. It was a dirty and tiring job. It had to be done though.

Cleaning the screens took up most of the day. I was waiting on Bill to come home so I could go out. Ayi Meri had her baby boy. 8 lbs and 10 ounces. When Bill came home from his dentist appointment after work, I went to the hospital to visit. I got to hold the little guy. He looks so much like Lucas. Such a cutie. I got a few pictures, so I will post them.

Today was a crazy day. After I picked up Ping from school, I took her to Davis Farmland. We met Mindy and Ciara there. We spent the entire day walking around and feeding the animals, playing with all the toys they have and then we finished the day playing in the splash park. We had a ton of fun. I got a nice sunburn on my face, neck and legs. I didn't think the sun was that strong, but it was. We truly had a wonderful time as the weather was perfect. It was just hot enough to be comfortable without overheating. If every day could be like this, I would be blissfully happy.

I did have 2 kids give me a hard time about my weight. One was in the line at the food counter. He poked his sister and told her to look at me. I just stared at him. He knew what he was doing and I wasn't going to act oblivious to it. The second kid was in the bathroom. He started to giggle and say "Whoa. Mommy did you see the fat lady?" Well she was in a stall or something and ignored him. I said "Don't be rude." So he repeated "Oh, don't be rude." He could not have been more than 5 years old. I was pretty disgusted. I didn't let it ruin my day though. I was there for Ping. She had a blast and that is all that mattered. That and I know deep in my heart that despite my weight, I am a good person. I am not my weight. I am a whole person who treats others with love and respect. This child isn't being taught proper manners. Clearly this has been passed on by a hateful person and is considered acceptable. If I ever hear Ping being rude like that, I will personally throttle her. She isn't being raised to hate people who are too tall or short or thin or wide. I hope she never learns to dislike people because of their color. I hope she embraces people of all religions and economic backgrounds. We can only do our best.

So let me get down to sharing some pictures here.

Mama Out!!!!!!!

Saying inside the fortune cookie from Sarah and Brad.

Me with Ryan.

Girls looking at the bunnies.

Bunnies.

Ping in clubhouse area.

Tree house and trains.

Little cars.

Ping running around.

Ringing the bell.

Sitting in the camper.

Back of the camper. She is getting supplies.

How tall are we?

Waterfall.

Feeding the babies.

Mindy feeding the goats.

"Hmmm, we hungry!"

Snooky.

White llama.

Smile Snooky.

Petting the snake. Ick.

Birds.

Bill the duck.

Beautiful.

AAAFFFFLLLLAAAACCCCCCC.

Pretend milking.

Babies.

Feeding the babies.

Horses.

Hungry cows.

Ping on the piggy.

Splash park.

Brrrrr, it's cold.

Enjoying her wet tractor.

No comments: