Sunday, June 14, 2009

Two days makes it difficult to accomplish anything!

We have had a busy weekend. We were home for most of it. We are desperately trying to get the garage cleaned out still. I want to paint in there and hang up some cabinets, shelves and hooks for storage. This project hangs over my head. It's truly awful. I know that is hard for some people to understand. I guess it's because when my Mom moved here, so did these boxes. Every time I pull into or go into the garage, it's a constant reminder of my old house and how my Mom and I never went through the boxes. It wasn't for lack of trying. I asked her all the time, but emotionally, she couldn't handle it. I wish I had asked my Dad before he passed, what he would like me to do with some of his things. Were they of value to him or are they worth anything to anyone? It's so frustrating because half of me wants to pitch it all for room and the other half knows that I would be throwing or donating things that my parents loved. It's a hard place to be stuck in.

Today we worked on the garage for the most part. Yesterday we took Sasha to get a hair cut. Actually, she got a full lions cut. I felt awful about having to do it, but it needed to be done. The poor thing has the longest fur I have ever seen. So now she looks like a poodle. She has a little mane and a pom pom tail. Poor baby. I swear she feels better though. When I look at her, I feel like she is thanking me.

After getting the haircut, we went to Blockbuster. I rented "Nights at Rodanthe." I really liked it. Today I rented "He's Just Not That Into You." I liked that a lot as well. Right now Blockbuster is running a special for the week. For $10.00, you can get as many movies as you want. I haven't rented movies in years and I have a lot of catching up to do. I decided to do it for the week and I think I am going to keep doing it for a little while. Now I don't run home and watch the movie and run back. That is too much work. I like to watch the movie later at night. So after viewing, I throw it in my purse and exchange it the next day. It's a pain to keep going to this Blockbuster because it's not around the corner, but it's not exactly far either!

Friday night, we went to Ping's school for a little carnival. It was adorable. We actually won one of the gift baskets we put in for. Not the one I really wanted, but we won anyway and I was elated with that. It's all crafts stuff. Needless to say, Ping will have a ball with all of it.

Well that is all for now. As always, it's approaching the 1:00 am hour and I need to head to bed so that I can get up and get the wee one to school. Thank god she only has another week and a day. I will shoot myself when she is home all the time, but on the other hand, it will be nice not to be stuck in that routine!!!!!

Hope we see the sun soon.

Mama Out!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Kim said...

We've been watching movies, too. Love Redbox - $1 a movie! We have loved Australia, Benjamin Buttons, and Taken. Not too keen on 7 pounds - a bit dark.