Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Crazy Weekend

Friday was a great day because we had nothing planned for the day other than school. I love those days. We did go out to dinner with Meri, Joe, Lucas and Ryan. A Chinese food place that we loved closed over 2 years ago. They have since reopened. They are still good, but we enjoyed the buffet and they did away with that.

Saturday was busy because we had a Halloween party to go to at Audra, Terry, Ava and Elise's house. Ping had a blast. They played pass the pumpkin, they felt yucky but fun things in bags that represented eyeballs and toe nails of monsters, they decorated cupcakes, had pizza and whacked at the pinata. Ping was exhausted when we left there. We headed to a quick errand and then came home to meet Ayi Anita who came for a wonderful visit. She showed me pictures of her recent trip to New Zealand. Beautiful!!!!

On Sunday, Ping had Sunday School in the morning and then in the afternoon, we took her back to church for the Halloween party. She had so much fun. She ate a donut off the string, went through a haunted house, searched for buried treasure, rolled an apple with her little nose and a few other activities. They had a pot luck at 5:00 pm, but we had to come home. The daughter of a friend was coming over at 6:00 pm to babysit Ping. We had a concert in Boston at 8:00 pm, so we left at 6:30 pm after Ping waved her finger at me and said "Mama, you need to leave, you don't want to miss one minute of the music." We barely made it because the toll booth on the Mass Pike was so backed up. Very nerve wracking for me. I had so much fun. I felt like a grown up going out without Ping, but I missed her terribly. We got home at 12:30 am and then I had to drive Beka home, so I was in bed after 2:00 am. Needless to say, I was one tired lady. Poor Beka burned her hand on the tea kettle, so we came home to her running her water under the faucet. I felt awful about that. She had blisters on her hand. So I drove her home with her hand literally out the window. Bill put some burn stuff on it, but it didn't seem to help.

Yesterday, I spoke with Beka's mom and she is doing much better. Thank goodness!!!!! Ping had school and then we came home. We were here for the afternoon until 4:00 pm. I then drove to Woburn to a birthday party that Ping was invited to attend. Friends of ours in Wilmington who have three boys and one little girl from China was celebrating their son Christopher's birthday. I took Ping because I know she loves to bounce and slide on those big air things. Ping then had pizza and cake and we headed home. Got home a little after 8:00 pm. She and her Daddy hung out for 15 minutes and then it was off to bed for the little tired one.

We are on week four of Ping sleeping in her bed. It could be worse, but I have to say that she has yet to break the middle of the night waking. She often comes in and starts talking with us. Sometimes she ends up in our bed and sometimes Bill just goes to her bed with her. So at one point I woke up and they were both next to me. When the alarm went off for Ping at 6:30 am, he was nowhere to be found. Needless to say, I am not sleeping from night till morning and it's killing my energy. We just have to keep working on it I suppose.

Today we have skating in the afternoon and then I have a Tupperware party to go to at 7:00 pm. I am taking Ping as Bill has the Fire Department. It's gone from a busy weekend to a busy week. I am one tired Mama.

Well I best post some photos because I have got to get Ping soon.

Mama Out!!!!!!

Ladybug outfit and rain coat.

Pizza.

Party for two.

Donut eating.

Donut mouth.

Pass the pumpkin.

Twirling.

Listening to Witch Audra's story.

Witch Audra.

Pinata time.

Candy fetching.

Pinning the tail on the donkey.

Miss Ava.

Passing the eyeballs at church.

Rolling the apple.

Eating the apple.

Lining up for the next game.

Sweeping the pumpkin.

Getting some help.

Having fun with friends.

Picking up pieces with a straw.

Searching for buried treasure.

Waiting to go in the haunted house.

Sitting with Emily and Josh.

Us heading to the concert.

Bill, Peter Cetera and me.

Me, David Foster and Bill.

Deborah Cox and an 18 year old new singer. Forgot his name.

Charice from The Phillipines.

Phillip Bailey from Earth, Wind and Fire.

Deborah Cox.

The Canadian Tenors.

Michael Johns.

Peter Cetera.


Rueben Stoddard.

All of the singers.

Sliding fun.

Miss Diana.


Marjorie, Diana and Ping.

No comments: